****The Official UConn Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got waitlisted via aadsas. Does anyone know if they send you a letter/email or phone call describing this process. Or do I just wait.. Congrats to those accepted!

Offer made! I'm out of state too! lol See you guys this fall!! :D

Offer made! I'm out of state too! lol See you guys this fall!! :D

Sweet man! I thought for sure you'd get into UW. If you or anyone else knows for sure they'll be attending, let me know, can't wait to meet my future classmates :).

@Dental: I'm pretty sure the WL is ranked, so if you don't hear anything over the next few days, you can probably call in to check your status. Best of luck! Hopefully we'll be seeing you too :).

Sweet man! I thought for sure you'd get into UW. If you or anyone else knows for sure they'll be attending, let me know, can't wait to meet my future classmates :).

@Dental: I'm pretty sure the WL is ranked, so if you don't hear anything over the next few days, you can probably call in to check your status. Best of luck! Hopefully we'll be seeing you too :).

Well, I'm not gonna lie, but I thought so too. UW was my #1 pic because of location, I knew people there, I like the program, and I even had a surgeon who teaches at the UWSOD write a letter for me. I thought I was in. I even felt really good about my interview. Nope. Rejected. I'm really bummed about that actually.

However, its very bittersweet because I got into my super close second choice UConn baby!!! I'm super stoked for that :D I can't wait to meet you guys too!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Benzatone, and again congrats to you guys!

so who else got an offer from UConn and actually plans to accept it?

"offer made" =] ... I am also out of state ... i am a little concerned about the workload but hey its professional school right

Members don't see this ad :)
"Offer made"...obviously accepting since it was only top choice. no big deal haha. see you all at orientation! :D

Do any of you remember what they said at our interview concerning out of staters getting in state tuition after the first year??

This would apply to me as well since I am from New Jersey but I'm sure they said that we can be considered in-state after the first year. saving a total of about 75,000

Do any of you remember what they said at our interview concerning out of staters getting in state tuition after the first year??

I called today. They said after living in CN for a full year you apply for residency in CN and then 2,3,4 year are in state tuition rates.

this form is pretty intimidating and makes it seem like its a lot harder to get in-state than they say it is lol.

Lol, don't worry. Literally every student becomes a CT resident after first year, so it can't be too bad.

Basically it boils down to: live in CT for a year, show all rent related forms/bills, show CT tax return, and get car info updated in CT.

But still, ask the office. I'm sure they'd tell you the most important factors. I feel like if you had most things on the list, they wouldn't turn you down because you didn't have a receipt for your electric bill in one month or something.

Lol, don't worry. Literally every student becomes a CT resident after first year, so it can't be too bad.

Basically it boils down to: live in CT for a year, show all rent related forms/bills, show CT tax return, and get car info updated in CT.

But still, ask the office. I'm sure they'd tell you the most important factors. I feel like if you had most things on the list, they wouldn't turn you down because you didn't have a receipt for your electric bill in one month or something.

thanks for the reassuring comments :thumbup:

I called today. They said after living in CN for a full year you apply for residency in CN and then 2,3,4 year are in state tuition rates.

This is going to sound awfully sour, but I would be a little alarmed as an adcom if I found out that you hadn't learned that Connecticut is abbreviated CT. You mailed a check to the school, after all. Certainly doesn't sound like the "place [you] intend to remain," as they expect.

LOL I realized it was the wrong abbreviation after I posted it. Just hoped that no one would call me out on it haha..

This is going to sound awfully sour, but I would be a little alarmed as an adcom if I found out that you hadn't learned that Connecticut is abbreviated CT. You mailed a check to the school, after all. Certainly doesn't sound like the "place [you] intend to remain," as they expect.

Dang man, go easy on the guy! lol

LOL I realized it was the wrong abbreviation after I posted it. Just hoped that no one would call me out on it haha..

Congrats on the acceptance! :thumbup:

anyone know the typical demographic of a class at UConn?

anyone know the typical demographic of a class at UConn?

hmm, I don't. Interesting question though. If you find out I would be curious to know what its like lol.

Hello guys I was wondering if I could received an advice from those dental students that are in Uconn now . I was accepted into Uconn with a full ride 4 years schoolarship but also into UF I am from Miami and I feel very undecided on what to do I am going crazy because I like both schools can you tell me the advantages and disadvantages from Uconn please or UF thanks. :confused:

Sup dudes and dudettes :cool:

Hey... been a while lol. I tried looking for the class demographics, but I couldn't find it. Who knows, it probably changes a lot year to year anyway. Connecticut in general is not incredibly diverse though.

What are you guys up to now until August?

Hey... been a while lol. I tried looking for the class demographics, but I couldn't find it. Who knows, it probably changes a lot year to year anyway. Connecticut in general is not incredibly diverse though.

What are you guys up to now until August?

looking for a car that can survive a Connecticut winter haha. You?

Ha, had a subaru legacy for 7 years, never let me down and it's a beast through the snow :).

For now I'm just working, sitting around with my bum ankle and praying the Giants beat the niners.

looks like your wish came true in OT. :thumbup:

Now I just need to find a good deal on a subaru lol

Who has sent in their financial aid? I've been slacking.

I've been working on mine... I have to edit my FAFSA first though. I finished my FAFSA a while ago, but i found that I need to change it so that i can update my parental information for the University Funding section. Other than that, I'm mostly done lol :thumbup:

Hey guys so I read some stuff on SDN and I'm pretty scared. The "emotional bankruptcy" and "physiological abuse". Is uconn's curriculum really that hard to the point of people wanting to actually sue and want to drop out midway. I'm not afraid of a challenge but damn, even on a pass/fail, uconn students by far have the most complaints about the school (maybe the twice as much as science contact hours just isn't worth the emotional stress digesting and attempting to grasp it apparently brings to students. I'm confused about my decision all over again and we all only have a week. HELP! Haha could current students also comment pleaseeee with honest opinions.*