****The Official Howard University Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Accepted via Email at 1:33 PM!!!!
:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if you could give me your last name letter. My friend heard back today and didn't get in so I was wondering if they was doing it alphbetically or just random. I called and they said by tomorrow the rest should know. I'm just so nervous.:scared:

YAYYYY Got my email at 1:35 PM today!!! cant wait!!! we should make a fb group :claps:

Congrats yall!

RECEIVED THE EMAIL @ 1:31 pm yesterday afternoon!!!
IN !!!!
HI FELLOW CLASSMATES :D:D:D :love::love::love:

Congratulations to those all who have been accepted!
I received an email saying I was put on an alternate list. :scared:
I am just wondering what percentages of the class are already full as of now and how many more interview sessions are left till March.
Hope I can get a spot as soon as possible before the February ends...
It's going to be a long winter for me. :(

Congratulations to those all who have been accepted!
I received an email saying I was put on an alternate list. :scared:
I am just wondering what percentages of the class are already full as of now and how many more interview sessions are left till March.
Hope I can get a spot as soon as possible before the February ends...
It's going to be a long winter for me. :(

U and me both. I got waitlisted and they told me to take my DAT again to b more competitive. Bout to e-mail to see if I get it up, do I get switched or stay the same. Cause folks wit my score got in wit no problem. I just hate this.:(

I got accepted, but I'm declining the offer. there's a spot for you!

what factors made you choose meharry over howard?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my Acceptance Letter on the 1st at 130pm :)

Excited to know I'm in somewhere but keeping my options open for the ideas of other schools

Congrats everyone !:D

For those that got accepted, could u pls post your credentials? DAT scores, GPA, sGPA etc...Thanks.

I was accepted to Howard on December 1st, and my stats were:
20 AA on my DAT, 19 PAT (I took it twice, got an 18 the first time)
3.37 cGPA and my sGPA was a 2.8.... pretty bad but I was faced with a few family circumstances that caused my GPA to drop. I had over 500+ hours of community service as well.
Let me know if you guys want to know anything else!

I was accepted to Howard on December 1st, and my stats were:
20 AA on my DAT, 19 PAT (I took it twice, got an 18 the first time)
3.37 cGPA and my sGPA was a 2.8.... pretty bad but I was faced with a few family circumstances that caused my GPA to drop. I had over 500+ hours of community service as well.
Let me know if you guys want to know anything else!
thanks!
are you a URM?

I am not sure how Howard University would process to move waitlisters off from their list. Anyone recently got off from waitlist? When will they start doing it? Anyone?

Last edited:
havent heard anything from howard, anyone else in the same boat?

same boat as you, I haven't heard anything either.

My interview is this saturday. I'm super nervous

Hi, I have an interview this Saturday too. I'll see you there!!

moonster & mip, could u share ur stats?
im desperately waiting to hear from them................

JustwantDDS, have you contacted the admission office regarding your application?

yepp several times, haha...
they just told me to hang tight. My stats are TS/AA/PAT 21/20/19 and 3.1 sgpa 3.4 cummgpa

Lol I have no idea if I talked to you, Moonsterpark at the interview.

TS/ PAT 18/19
Science gpa 3.2
overall 3.5
They have had my application since July

I got an email for an interview on feb 8. What did u think of howard/ how was the interview?

Anybody else that interviewed on Jan 21st going crazy waiting?

Does anyone know when the adcom is meeting?
Are there any more interview groups coming up?

...just a few of the 1000s of questions that bounce around in my mind all day while waiting to hear from howard :scared:

Yup! Me!

I know they said 3 wks but I thought maybe we'd hear sooner... It's exciting and depressing at the same time! Looks like there's another interview batch coming up so maybe well hear from them this week...? Please post on here if someone calls! I'm wondering if I should...

I just saw this thread. Congrats to all of you that got accepted to Howard. It has changed a lot in the past few years. That is where I went to school. It can be challenging, but you will do fine as long as you stay focused.

so I'm not alone whew...I'll post if I hear anything. I didn't think I'd be one of those obsessive ppl but I def have the aadsas page bookmarked on my phone and I'm checking email all day even tho it's push notifications.
Lol, yea I'm def obsessed. Im literally staring at my phone all the time... I really liked the faculty as well. And the student interviewer was cool . It was so relaxed and light hearted atmosphere

I'm losing it I want to call lol

Just got my acceptance email! Did you know that their is an $800.00 deposit that has to be made in 15 days! Jesus the praying never ends. lol

I loved the school... especially the mentality of the faculty. The dean came in and gave a speech to the group that some might not have liked, but I respect. Made me look forward to going there... IF they ever accept me lol.
lol that speech was brutal.

Just got my acceptance email! Did you know that their is an $800.00 deposit that has to be made in 15 days! Jesus the praying never ends. lol
nice congrats!
so what was the speech about?
also, i heard there an essay topic- whats that about? is it scored?

nice congrats!
so what was the speech about?
also, i heard there an essay topic- whats that about? is it scored?
Thanks. It was the usual respect authority and no hand outs type of speech. My Grandpa gives them all the time. It also seems like as freshman we will have a class with the Dean where he will be shoving ethics into our heads. Don't worry about the essay it was really straight forward and didn't take too much effort. I think I finished it in 15 minutes.

I got my acceptance, too! It has been a long waiting since I got waitlisted. Thank you for the valuable information and good luck to all upcoming interviewee!

Got in too!!!! Oh and the Dean was a softy at heart. He was cool.

Nice congrats guys, any feedback or tips for the interview?

Hey Cannonbell,
I dunno if you got my post on your profile. Anyways, I'm glad you got your acceptance!