****The Official Howard University Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Yes I did =)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone recently accepted!! Hang tight if some of yall are still waiting to hear from Howard. :xf: <-- fingers are crossed!!

I have created the FB page so make sure yall join it so we can get to know each other, ask questions, etc. Many of the D1 students are part of the group and will be able to answer any questions yall may have!

See you in the Fall!!! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Cannonbell,
I dunno if you got my post on your profile. Anyways, I'm glad you got your acceptance!

Thank you gracepreet. I read your message before I saw my acceptance! I believe your message worked as a lucky charm for me! I hope to see you in August! :D

YAY. Yeah. Im still waiting to hear back from one school, but we may be classmates! Congrats again

Did they send an email? How quick did u all hear back bc i had my intv on feb 8 but they said we'd get an email by the 17th..... Isnt that a bit quick? Hope its true!!!!!

Aghh so nervous i cant wait to hear back.... Does anyone know how much of the class is filled?

Also has anyone whos been interviewed status changed on aadsas? Mine hasnt but i had an intv

I interviewed as well but my aadsas status hasn't changed.

I got my acceptance e-mail today 2 hrs after getting denied from another school!!! :D I was on the DAT waitlist so if anybody is reading this and you was on that list like me you have a shot also!!! Just keep praying, and asking for signs!!! Thank you Jesus and God!!!:D:love:

Hey guys- can anyone shed some light abt housing near hucd? Anyone know of good areas & reasonable prices?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else still awaiting an invitation to interview? I received email confirmation for my secondary application; but since then, I haven't heard anything. Of course, I did apply late in the application cycle. :)

Wow, God is good! Congratulations! When one door closes, God opens another...

I got my acceptance e-mail today 2 hrs after getting denied from another school!!! :D I was on the DAT waitlist so if anybody is reading this and you was on that list like me you have a shot also!!! Just keep praying, and asking for signs!!! Thank you Jesus and God!!!:D:love:
Wow, God is good! Congratulations! When one door closes, God opens another...

Same here! Are they still conducting interviews?

Congrats to everyone, and I look forward to getting to know you all as classmates and friends! I pray that those of you who are still waiting will hear good news soon!

I found a GREAT apartment just south of campus! I need a FEMALE roommate!

About the apartment:
-2bd, 1ba
-Fully Furnished!! (Even tv's, pots, pans, utensils. it's normally rented as a vacation home.)
-Washer and Dryer
-Landlord pays water, internet, and cable
-Parking space
-13 min. walk (to the dental building)
-Bus to campus LITERALLY passes in front of the house (for those lazy days)
-8 min. walk to Shaw/Howard metro, 15 min. walk to New York Ave. metro (or hop on bus)
-2 bedrooms, separate leases
-Will split gas and electric bill

If you're interested, please message me.

Thanks

Hi all
first off CONGRATS! We made it :love:

Now on to more urgent issues:

I am looking for a room mate who wants to cohabit for the following year and can move in starting June 2012. I am actually looking to move in somewhere In May, because the lease at my current place expires soon, however provided I find a room mate, I am willing to finding a nice apartment for us, and cover May and June (if necessary) rent until you move in. School starts in July, so I am assuming you will be moving in by July at the latest.

Right now I am looking at places not too far from metro, affordable and safe.

I look forward to meeting you all :D

PM me if you want to discuss more details

Hey guys so make sure you ask to join the FB group for our class. Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HUCDclassof2016

There are some current D1 and maybe a few D2 students that may be able to answer your questions (international students as well).

As far as housing, if you do not live within DC a lot of people have been looking into Hyattsville (UTC towers for example), Silver Spring, Tacoma Park MD etc.
I know my roommates and I are in the process of looking for row homes or town homes to rent out thru craigslist but others have been using apartments.com and I even looked into off campus housing through other Universities in DC (GWU / Georgetown / AU).

Hope that helps some people! We are getting closer! Cant wait to meet everyone :)