****The Official UNLV Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

I thought Dr. Ancajas said we can call on the 30th. Did anyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
somewhere said we can call nov 30..did anyone?

During my interview, Dr. Ancajas said that we can start calling at 8am on December 1st. I'm so jealous of the people receiving email acceptances already. Wish UNLV would do the same. I can hardly wait until 8am!!!:xf:

During my interview, Dr. Ancajas said that we can start calling at 8am on December 1st. I'm so jealous of the people receiving email acceptances already. Wish UNLV would do the same. I can hardly wait until 8am!!!:xf:

What???Acceptances already? :confused: Gah! I can't sleep!

How was the UNLV interview? I love the school and my interview is next week! Any words of wisdom that isn't listed on interview feedback?!

How was the UNLV interview? I love the school and my interview is next week! Any words of wisdom that isn't listed on interview feedback?!
The UNLV interview was very relaxing. Their SIM clinic is amazing, and the school is so new! I'm a little worried about the cost, but all of the community dentistry they do is amazing! Just be yourself, the interview is more like a conversation. I got one question that tangled me up a little bit, and it was how many schools did you apply to and why?

Oh yeah I have heard about that one. Thanks so much for the interview! I went to 2 sim courses there and I really like the school! I am OOS too.

The cost is pretty bad but since you get residency after your first year it isn't TOO bad compared to other private schools. And cost of living is relatively low out there...we have good family friends who live in Henderson. Maybe we will be classmates?! Good luck!!!!

I believe that my advice is already on the interview feedback but I wanted to confirm and reinforce:

1. Definitely be very early. They begin the presentation before the listed check-in time even if everyone isn't there yet. You don't want to be the on-time/late person.
2. Eat a huge breakfast, you'll be starving by lunch time.
3. Very laid back interview, enjoyable and informative.

Best of luck to you. :luck:

I was the first to call in this morning and I didn't make the first cut, but start calling now about acceptances!! Second round is the end of January she said!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! UNLV was pretty awesome, just expensive! Congrats on your other acceptances, too! It feels great to get in!

I called them and it was like trying to get to the club.....Ur not on the list : (

what number did you guys call? they arent answering for me haha

702 774 2520

I had to call 2x. 1st time it went straight to voicemail, but 2nd time it worked. good luck!

lol, at first she was like "You're on the list!" I was thinking crap, waitlist? but she said it very enthusiastically and said congratulations, so then i was like oh the acceptance list!

Yes!!! I'm in :laugh:

Last edited:
has anyone received an official letter or email yet?

haha yea i proof just to make sure im really accepted.

I got wait listed. Slap in the face since I am an in-state applicant.

Just got a snail mail acceptance. I really liked the school, but, I think I am going to turn it down.

Proof from UNLV that dental school isn't [always] super serious and stressful:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KMqjsR9LfY[/YOUTUBE]

Proof from UNLV that dental school isn't [always] super serious and stressful:

[YOUTUBE]7KMqjsR9LfY[/YOUTUBE]

Didn't think it was possible but now I'm even more excited about UNLV-SDM! :cool:

I got wait listed. Slap in the face since I am an in-state applicant.

Dude, that's crazy. I just interviewed as an in-stater and thought I had a really good chance of getting in, but your wait list has me totally doubting it now. Your GPA is sick. Did you ask why you didn't get an invite? How'd your interview go?

what are your guys plans for living? do you think its worth it to buy a house or just rent somewhere?

Dude, that's crazy. I just interviewed as an in-stater and thought I had a really good chance of getting in, but your wait list has me totally doubting it now. Your GPA is sick. Did you ask why you didn't get an invite? How'd your interview go?
I felt that I did great in my interview. I talked to my advisor and he said that I might have given the impression that UNLV was not my first choice school. So this might play into why I was wait listed. He said to hold on and not to get upset because I will hear good news from them in January. Fall semester is over now and I am not going to think about the application process until January. Well, I am going to try and not think about it:) Happy Holidays everyone and enjoy your winter vacations!!!

I felt that I did great in my interview. I talked to my advisor and he said that I might have given the impression that UNLV was not my first choice school. So this might play into why I was wait listed. He said to hold on and not to get upset because I will hear good news from them in January. Fall semester is over now and I am not going to think about the application process until January. Well, I am going to try and not think about it:) Happy Holidays everyone and enjoy your winter vacations!!!

If I makes you feel better, I gave up my spot there. I wish there was a way to delegate your spot to someone else! Good luck and don't lose hope!

Anyone know when will be the next wave of acceptances date?

anyone with a pre-december interview STILL not hear back yet? not waitlisted or rejected?

Did anyone with an interview in late January (~ 01/20 ) hear anything about the committee meeting/decision yet?