****The Official UNLV Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Started by tinman831
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone with an interview in late January (~ 01/20 ) hear anything about the committee meeting/decision yet?

They said we had to call in after a certain day, but I don't remember when the committee meets. Has anyone called and asked about it?
 
I interviewed in October and haven't heard anything. I was accepted else where but still waiting to hear from UNLV.
 
I called the office this morning and they told me to call back on Thursday. The committee is meeting today. Waiting time....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
none of the above. i'm really sorry to scare you. i'm not too happy myself 🙁

They are supposed to update the waitlist next week though.
 
just called admission. The next batch will be on Mar. 22nd and they said they didn't send out waitlist yet.
 
Better than nothing. cheer up.

Thanks peepiecake. I know it's hard to get in UNLV cause it's a state school and I'm a non-resident.
Sorry about "not on the list".What do they mean by that? Hopefully you would get accepted to other schools.:xf:
 
Thanks peepiecake. I know it's hard to get in UNLV cause it's a state school and I'm a non-resident.
Sorry about "not on the list".What do they mean by that? Hopefully you would get accepted to other schools.:xf:

I'm pretty sure it just means that you are not the two applicants that were accepted last wed.

P.S. I didn't apply to other schools lol. I only wanted to go to UNLV.
 
i got "you have been selected as an alternate candidate" does that mean im on the waiting list?

Yes, it means you're on the waiting list. I just received a letter from UNLV asking if I agree to be put on the "alternate" list.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am wait listed at UNLV too. Do you know if it's ranked and how fast the list moves for out of state students?
 
those who receive waitlisted letters, when did you guys interview and receive it? I just called admission office, lady said they didn't send any waitlisted letter. This is weird.
 
current status: 14 people on the waiting list. class is still full.

They met already on the 13th.
 
Last edited:
i interviewed 1/20 and got waitlisted, then dr. ancajas called me (on tuesday 3/13) to offer acceptance. i plan on turning it down though, so good luck! there is at least one spot opening up.
 
Yea i just called this morning to see when it will be ranked cause at first they said march 22 but they said april 22 now. i interviewed 1/27 so hopefully im right there too
 
Yea i just called this morning to see when it will be ranked cause at first they said march 22 but they said april 22 now. i interviewed 1/27 so hopefully im right there too

April 22nd = a Sunday

o_o? wow. They are meeting on a Sunday?
 
Did anyone else get an email from Gail Tino about joining a UNLV forum? I tried to log in but it wouldn't accept my name as the password. I'm assuming she sent that to all those with a deposit down. Anyone have success logging in?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is any one just finding the same computer for cheaper somewhere or does the one they want us to buy have some magic software or something? I see the same one for $900 online. Also do they also want us to buy this port replicator? The flyer didn't say anything about it.