weird extention on LOR form?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megaluna

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I am trying to print out my letter request forms, and it downloaded a file with an extension .cfm. I've never heard of it, and my computer can't open it in preview, word, or textedit. Anyone else have this problem? found a solution?
Why couldn't it just be a pdf?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

That's a webpage extension. It seems like you downloaded the wrong file. If you want to take a look at the content of the file, change the extension to .html and then open it with your browser. (Double clicking should be fine if you are on Windows. Try File > Open File in Safari if you are using OS X.)

Mine downloaded in cfm too. I converted it to pdf (changed the ending to .pdf) and had no other issues.

*.cfm is an Adobe Systems file extension. You don't need to convert them to anything, they will open in Adobe/Adobe Reader just fine. The only thing that may need to be done is to tell your system to open *.cfm with whatever *.pdf reader you use.

*.cfm is an Adobe Systems file extension. You don't need to convert them to anything, they will open in Adobe/Adobe Reader just fine. The only thing that may need to be done is to tell your system to open *.cfm with whatever *.pdf reader you use.
Actually, .cfm files are "Cold Fusion" files. Adobe bought ColdFusion, so I guess they are all "Adobe" files. Coldfusion is a language used for dynamic web site generation. When you tell coldfusion to generate a PDF document, it should return a document with a PDF header in it such that your web browser detects it and forwards it to the PDF viewer. Whether it's a problem with ERAS's programing or a problem with your browser settings, I don't know.