GPA calculated wrong. Please Help - Don't know what to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uzeone

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all future dentists,

I have currently sent my transcripts to the ADEA AADSAS

The problem that I am having is that in undergrad I took high school class equivalencies through the same institution in order to gain the prerequisite for the university level class, and these marks are included on my transcript, even though they are only high school classes with no university level equivalent as they are only prerequisites..

A normal university level transcript in Canada includes each class as 3 credit hours, but the high school credit system is a bit different as each class is 5 credit hours. As a result, I have two high school classes weighted for 5 credits each that appear on my transcript at a C average. All university level classes are weighted at only 3 credits. I have no University Level classes at under a B, and it is severely affecting my calculated GPA as they have it calculated at 2.98. It doesn't make sense that they would calculate a high school class at all, especially since no credit from it can be used towards a degree or an equivalent university level class. I have faxed a letter off from my institution stating that these are high school level classes, which serve as prerequisites for the university classes, and in no way are they considered university level classes, but the ADEA will not recalculate my GPA.

Can someone please help me out? I do not know what to do.

Members don't see this ad.

I have currently sent my transcripts to the ADEA AADSAS
The problem that I am having is that in undergrad I took high school class equivalencies through the same institution in order to gain the prerequisite for the university level class, and these marks are included on my transcript, even though they are only high school classes with no university level equivalent as they are only prerequisites..

A normal university level transcript in Canada includes each class as 3 credit hours, but the high school credit system is a bit different as each class is 5 credit hours. As a result, I have two high school classes weighted for 5 credits each that appear on my transcript at a C average. All university level classes are weighted at only 3 credits. I have no University Level classes at under a B, and it is severely affecting my calculated GPA as they have it calculated at 2.98. It doesn't make sense that they would calculate a high school class at all, especially no credit from it can be used towards a degree or an equivalent university level class. I have faxesince d a letter off from my institution stating that these are high school level classes, which serve as prerequisites for the university classes, and in no way are they considered university level classes, but the ADEA will not recalculate my GPA. I do not know what to do.

Remedial courses are not considered college level courses and, as such, the credits are not counted towards the degree requirement. However, since they were taken at the college level and they do appear on the transcript, they were included in the gpa calculation. If the letter you mention was of no help, then it is unlikely that any help you might garner from the combined efforts of the Avengers, Iron Man and Superman will also be futile.

Remedial courses are not considered college level courses and, as such, the credits are not counted towards the degree requirement. However, since they were taken at the college level and they do appear on the transcript, they were included in the gpa calculation. If the letter you mention was of no help, then it is unlikely that any help you might garner from the combined efforts of the Avengers, Iron Man and Superman will also be futile.

Iron Man is a part of the Avengers :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like you're out of luck. You took the classes at a University, so they will be counted towards your GPA regardless if you used it towards your degree.

Just look at it from another perspective. If you got 2 A's in that, and it goes on your University transcript, how angry would you be if they took it off saying that it's not a "real" university class. And how much trouble would they have to go through to go through everyone's University transcript to figure out if they were "real" university courses or not, or if it was used towards their degree.

You're grasping at straws man.

The courses were not taken at the college level though, they were credit given to me by my university that were towards my high school diploma.

The courses were not taken at the college level though, they were credit given to me by my university that were towards my high school diploma.

Is there are a part of "if it appears on a college/university transcript it is counted" that is difficult to comprehend?

Iron Man is a part of the Avengers :p

and the avengers (marvel) are a separate universe from superman (dc)

OP, you've done all that you can. live with it and plow on.

I would ask your school to mail that same letter previously mailed to AADSAS to the schools that you applied to. That would be your last resort of explaining your situation. Not sure whether it would make a difference, but does not hurt to try.

No offense, but your GPA must not have been very strong in the first place, if 10 credits of C's brought you down to a sub 3.0. Just take some more classes and raise that GPA. You have to get A's!! B's are not good enough at this point. Good luck!