Is it me or are we becoming more irritable as May 15th approaches?

Started by reylting
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

reylting

Elle
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I realize that everyone is on pins and needles as the deadline approaches but just chill out. It will all work out in the end. Just my .02
 
reylting said:
I realize that everyone is on pins and needles as the deadline approaches but just chill out. It will all work out in the end. Just my .02

I am a little stressed. I just want this dang thing over with. At this point, I am satisfied with an answer....I'll be ecstatic if it's a good answer. It just feels like I have been stuck at this point of uncertainty for so long.

I am usually not this emotional and hope the above comments do not detract from the manly image I have strived to project here 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, stressed, anxious, nervous, worried........the list goes on. I really hope to hear something around May 15th.
Good luck to me and to you all!!!!
 
wait, why are you guys stressing out again?

it's just a deadline to send in your deposit....
 
theunderdog said:
wait, why are you guys stressing out again?

it's just a deadline to send in your deposit....


Not to interrupt you while you are on cloud 9 with acceptances but there's a large number of waitlisted people out there who are waiting to hear something as the elite, superstars drop their acceptances....and no, I am not bitter.
 
RayhanS1282 said:
Not to interrupt you while you are on cloud 9 with acceptances but there's a large number of waitlisted people out there who are waiting to hear something as the elite, superstars drop their acceptances....and no, I am not bitter.

OHHH! i thought the OP meant that he/she has such a hard time deciding on where to go or something, or was waiting to hear back from one school before may 15th.... but now i get it.

sorry for the misinterpretation. OP wasn't very clear.

i too am on a waitlist for a top choice school. most waitlist movement occurs between may and june...

i hope people start pulling out before may 15... bc i hate those people that send in their withdrawal letters into the mail on the may 15 day.
 
theunderdog said:
OHHH! i thought the OP meant that he/she has such a hard time deciding on where to go or something, or was waiting to hear back from one school before may 15th.... but now i get it.

sorry for the misinterpretation. OP wasn't very clear.

i too am on a waitlist for a top choice school. most waitlist movement occurs between may and june...

i hope people start pulling out before may 15... bc i hate those people that send in their withdrawal letters into the mail on the may 15 day.


I'm sorry about the previous catty response. As you can see, yes...I am a little on edge....my doc prescribed a combination of vodka and horse tranqs to keep me mellow.
 
RayhanS1282 said:
Not to interrupt you while you are on cloud 9 with acceptances but there's a large number of waitlisted people out there who are waiting to hear something as the elite, superstars drop their acceptances....and no, I am not bitter.


I here you. I know it can be frustrating when obnoxious people on here flaunt their acceptances and rub it in your face. I am sitting on wait lists to, without any acceptances, so I know what you mean by things getting more testy. Just remember, you and I are the superstars, and we will prevail in the end!
 
I want to wish you guys the best of luck. Hope things work out better for you guys this year than they did for me last year (waiting listed and never heard anything). But if you do if have to reapply things usually work out better the second time around, I had a few interviews this year and I got lucky and got an acceptance and I'm on the waiting list at my top choice. I know waiting sucks but if medicine is really what you want you will find a way to get there.

Hope to see a bunch of you gettin pulled of waiting lists in the coming months
 
Yeah, good luck to all the waitlisted people! I'm waiting for some other med school related stuff to come through in may so I'm kind of channeling a lesser version of your pain!
 
rup47 said:
I want to wish you guys the best of luck. Hope things work out better for you guys this year than they did for me last year (waiting listed and never heard anything). But if you do if have to reapply things usually work out better the second time around, I had a few interviews this year and I got lucky and got an acceptance and I'm on the waiting list at my top choice. I know waiting sucks but if medicine is really what you want you will find a way to get there.

Hope to see a bunch of you gettin pulled of waiting lists in the coming months
Ditto.

Waitlisted last year and sat around all summer sending update letters for everything I did. Until August. I ended up with a pretty decent job with some fun folks and really got a chance to re-focus on what was important in my life (not being a pre-med). I reapplied this past year and a whole bunch of waitlists and one miracle acceptance to a school that I did not like. I'm hanging on to a glimmer hope for my state school so that I dont have to move away from my long-time girlfriend in law school and family or pay $60k a year for something comprable I could get for $30k a year. It's not over until the fat lady sings kids, dont give up!
 
LJDHC05 said:
Ditto.

Waitlisted last year and sat around all summer sending update letters for everything I did. Until August. I ended up with a pretty decent job with some fun folks and really got a chance to re-focus on what was important in my life (not being a pre-med). I reapplied this past year and a whole bunch of waitlists and one miracle acceptance to a school that I did not like. I'm hanging on to a glimmer hope for my state school so that I dont have to move away from my long-time girlfriend in law school and family or pay $60k a year for something comprable I could get for $30k a year. It's not over until the fat lady sings kids, dont give up!

How many waitlists did you both have last year?
 
clindor said:
How many waitlists did you both have last year?

Last year 2 MD after interviewing at 2 MD/PhD programs
This year 4 wl, 1 post-interview rejection, 1 acceptance
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just feel frozen and unable to make the decision of where I'm going to live or what I'm going to be doing this summer, and it frustrates the heck out of me. I'm tired of waiting. Impatience. Remember that I have to give a month's notice on rent, job, etc...
That's the tough part.
 
reylting said:
I realize that everyone is on pins and needles as the deadline approaches but just chill out. It will all work out in the end. Just my .02

WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN!? Just kidding. I think you're right on the button. 😉