I have an IA. How bad is it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iloveeneuroo

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During my freshman year, I got into an argument with someone who had been harassing me for some time. I won’t share the details for privacy reasons, but I am willing to share over private messaging. It never got physical, however it almost did and resulted in the two of us being temporarily banned and removed from our current residence hall to a new one.

After the case, i was found liable for “disorderly conduct” and “threats of assault.” No charges were filed.

I am a junior now with no other record of disciplinary action, but I was told by officials that I’d have to disclose of this incident on med school applications. Although I believe I have good ECs and a decent GPA, this has been a concern of mine for some time now and I don’t think I’d be able to focus without getting some answers as to how bad this is.

Is this the kind of IA that can realistically be overcome with several years of a clean record, strong academics, and meaningful extracurriculars?