What is your favorite sport, premeds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
booswim542 said:
Swimming....it ruled my life for 15 years. I don't do it nearly enough anymore, but what an awesome sport.

me too! swam club for most of my life.

Members don't see this ad.

SWIMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray swimming!

I also like to play football and ultimate frisbee.

To watch: football (go eagles!) and swimming (seriously, i'll even watch a high school meet if it's on the local cable channel or something.)!

Members don't see this ad :)
To play: swimming (the number on my screen name was my 100 breast goal in high school, never got there though), running, hockey

To watch: the olympics, professional sports are overrated and boring

Basketball by far. I never really liked boxing but the show "The contender" is really kewl and is starting to get me interested in it

I like watching college bball and pro baseball, even though my astros have been letting me down of late.

Racquetball is my favorite sport to play, followed closely by ultimate and disc golf. We also had a mad four-square tournament in my hallway last year.

To watch: baseball (da Sox, even though our streak is likely over).

To play? Poker.

To play: Ice hockey, golf, tennis

To watch: Ice hockey, golf, tennis (preferably women's )

any tennis player whose last name ends with "ova" is alwayssss worrth watching lol

nager105 said:
To play: swimming (the number on my screen name was my 100 breast goal in high school, never got there though), running, hockey

To watch: the olympics, professional sports are overrated and boring
nager, don't worry.... i only got into the 1:06's.... far from my clearly unattainable goal of 1:03

to play - golf, basketball, softball, soccer
to watch - football (Go Bears, Go Cardinal!)

definitely Ultimate Fighting Championship. that's a sport right?

To participate in: figure skating, tennis, and soccer

To watch: figure skating, ice hockey, and soccer

I tried playing ice hockey before, but it was a bit of a disaster. I used to play roller hockey when I was younger, but you don't get the same speed and feel as you do on the ice.

Members don't see this ad :)
i already replied about my soccer passions but ill add to the list since I play 2 hours of sports with friends 3-4 days a week. Beach vball is huge for me, as is pick-up basketball, and recently weve been playing a little handball.

I love to watch college basketball. I spend almost as much time reading articles about my beloved Huskies on the internet as I do on SDN.

I really hope my future classmates are athletic so we can have good pick up games.

to play: just about anything, i have played a ton of sports both competitively and just for fun, favorites would be basketball, softball, and swimming

to watch: only pro sport i watch is baseball (can't stand the NBA!!!), i also love watching the olympics when they are on

Ballroom dance is a sport right? ;)

Ultimate also rocks my world. :D

Track and field, sport of the ancient greeks, with the best event being javelin of course (the 9' spear).

FujiApple said:
Ballroom dance is a sport right? ;)

Ultimate also rocks my world. :D

Ultimate is fun. At my school, the girls who played look like cheerleaders, you have to wear tennis skirts and little polo tops and stuff. Ultimate is fun but hard---getting a handle on that backhand... :confused:

RACQUETBALL 4 LIFE! :cool:

jackieMD2007 said:
Ultimate is fun. At my school, the girls who played look like cheerleaders, you have to wear tennis skirts and little polo tops and stuff. Ultimate is fun but hard---getting a handle on that backhand... :confused:

my basketball team and I are horrible people. when we see other girls trying to play sports, we just make fun of them. people always try to ban us for on campus sports competitions because they don't think it is fair, especially if there is some sort of prize. it's not, but we don't care.

Cricket!

You know with all the Indian premeds, why hasn't this been mentioned yet?

spospo said:
my basketball team and I are horrible people. when we see other girls trying to play sports, we just make fun of them. people always try to ban us for on campus sports competitions because they don't think it is fair, especially if there is some sort of prize. it's not, but we don't care.

Hey, don't hate on the cuties playing ultimate in our tennis skirts and polos. It's good exercise and quite the spectacle. We never claimed to be athletes..! :laugh:

To watch: Football and American Football
To play: Basketball

To watch: Football (yay to training camp starting today!)
To "play": hiking

wrestling - was a national placer in HS but then tore both biceps in an AAU meet, so now I wrestle DIV III.

To watch: Soccer
To "play": Skiing...the love of my life...other than my wife and daughter...oh and medicine..

To play: golf, judo, wrestling (haven't done this in two years)

To watch: golf, soccor, football

To play: B-Ball!!!!!

To watch: fotball and soccer!!!

jackieMD2007 said:

Yeah, the forehand took me a while to get down... but oh, if I could only throw the hammer! That would be sweetness. :cool:

Play: Ice Hockey, Beirut (Beer Pong to the East Coasters)

Watch: Ice Hockey, and of course football (Stillers and Notre Dame!)

Play: Swimming, Surfing, Longboarding hills,

Watch: Football (soccer that is)

To Watch: Basketball, Soccer, & Tennis
To Play: Volleyball and Soccer

FujiApple said:
Yeah, the forehand took me a while to get down... but oh, if I could only throw the hammer! That would be sweetness. :cool:

Yeah, the hammer is hard. I don't think I EVER got that one.

To play: ultimate frisbee

To watch: ultimate fighting championship

Basically, I guess I just like any sport with ultimate in the name.

Cycling (Kinda biased as I used to get paid to do it...)
Skiing
fly fishing

I was never good at the traditional ball sports, but I love to watch baseball with a pint of guiness.

durfen said:
Cricket!

You know with all the Indian premeds, why hasn't this been mentioned yet?
Cuz it's the only sport named after a bug.

tennis... i think Federer is god. Nadal is insanely good too. Amazing how far those two are ahead of the pack. Blake is fun to watch, and i like how he troubles Nadal. Hingis and Henin-Hardenne (who isn't so rootable) top the women for me.

Last edited:
Play: soccer
Watch: american football, and soccer, and sometimes rugby... its a laugh

Curling. Definitely curling.

TinyFish said:
Curling. Definitely curling.
for both I assume... your right, it probably is the best sport ever...
but seriously, it is

Depakote said:
Lacrosse.

Coed and Naked preferably.
Ew, I don't want to know what you're catching in that net.

to watch: PACKERS FOOTBALL!!

and anything olympics rocks too

Watching Michael Phelps swim. Good times.

to watch: curling

to play: badminton

jackie and i are starting up a badminton league when we start at pitt med next year :thumbup: