What is your favorite sport, premeds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocean09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is your favorite sport, premeds?

Members don't see this ad.

Surfing! Of the internet variety.. (note: joke) :laugh:

Honestly? I'm athletically inept :(

Members don't see this ad :)
gapotts2003 said:
To watch: College Football

M Go Blue! :)

Does that get me an automatic interview for the University of Michigan? :cool:

Heck yes. Nothing like college men with hot backsides in tight pants. That's what I'm talking about. :thumbup:

EDIT: Also, walking places in 3"+ stiletto heels should be considered a sport. Varsity if you've had more than one drink. Ladies, you know what I'm talking about.

to watch......baseball

to play.....football

To play: Lacrosse or Football
To watch: Soccer

To play:
Tennis by far. I love tennis and will play everyone of you bastards. Also I will probably lose to everyone of you as well, but that doesn't matter, I LOVE IT!

To watch:
Football - Professional: Colts!!! College: Auburn Tigers!

Basketball - NBA only, and I am a huge Lakers fan.

Tennis - I am a fan of Andy Roddick, James Blake and Martina Hingis. Something about Martina Hingis' return after being gone makes me want to root for her.

It's badminton for me.

This summer, I've been playing a few hours almost every day.

DRKUBA said:
SOCCER! My high school team gets together every weekend and plays alumni games during the summer, its awesome.

That sounds really cool. I wish I had more people to play tennis with, I just don't have the money to join an expensive tennis club. So I play at the public courts as often as possible, but not nearly often enough.

I am athletically inept. Seriously, it’s a miracle that I walk without tripping over my own feet. So I like to swim, that’s fairly safe for me. I don't do that competitively or anything though. I also like to play badminton, I haven’t played that in a while though.

To watch: college or professional football
To play: broomball

Members don't see this ad :)
And let's not forget the perennial college favorite: SLOSHBALL!

KEG goes at 1st, 2nd and 3rd bases. Jungle juice at home.

Batter up!

jackieMD2007 said:
And let's not forget the perennial college favorite: SLOSHBALL!

KEG goes at 1st, 2nd and 3rd bases. Jungle juice at home.

Batter up!

Proper jungle juice with everclear?

Looque said:
Proper jungle juice with everclear?

Whatever our PIKE/FIJI houses on campus put in it. It was some pretty f-ed up s, though.

Swimming....it ruled my life for 15 years. I don't do it nearly enough anymore, but what an awesome sport.

jackieMD2007 said:
Whatever our PIKE/FIJI houses on campus put in it. It was some pretty f-ed up s, though.

It's illegal to sell everclear (190 proof) in some states, so I guess it may just depend on where you were and what the local laws were.

I was terrible at sloshball. Even before I started drinking. If there is someone you DO NOT want on your softball team, its me.

I know someone who used the 200 proof ethanol from his lab in jungle juice

booswim542 said:
I know someone who used the 200 proof ethanol from his lab in jungle juice

Eating the fruit out of that jungle juice would be a mistake. At least, it's nothing I'd want to do.

By the way, anyone here familiar with Steel Reserve beer? Ha... what a drunkard's drink: 8.1% alcohol and $5.99 for a 12-pack.

...I love it, though :oops:

Looque said:
Eating the fruit out of that jungle juice would be a mistake. At least, it's nothing I'd want to do.

Good call. :thumbup:

Did someone say BEER PONG!!! :love:

Can I just use this opportunity to say that I hate Basketball? It represents everything that games are and SPORT is not. I mean really, touching the ball with your hands, it's almost gross. Not to mention the serious height monopoly.

Zoom-Zoom said:
Did someone say BEER PONG!!! :love:

Can I just use this opportunity to say that I hate Basketball? It represent everything that games are and SPORT is not. I mean really, touching the ball with your hands, it's almost gross.

The NBA is terrible, but I do like college ball. Does that make me complicit in the downfall of civilized society?

Esteban said:
Is running on a treadmill considered a sport?

how about eating ham sandwiches? I don't eat those, but a nice cold hammmy on the run would be nice! oh man..

Looque said:

By the way, anyone here familiar with Steel Reserve beer? Ha... what a drunkard's drink: 8.1% alcohol and $5.99 for a 12-pack.

haha steelie! i used to drink it but have since moved on...

best sports to play: lacrosse, soccer

best sports to watch: football, soccer, baseball

FutureDrCynthia said:
I am athletically inept. Seriously, it’s a miracle that I walk without tripping over my own feet. So I like to swim, that’s fairly safe for me. I don't do that competitively or anything though. I also like to play badminton, I haven’t played that in a while though.
You can't be that athletically inept then.

Clumsy people can play some sports too.

if by favourate you mean most likes i would say soccer... the most excercise i get now i mowing the lawn

sentrosi said:
You can't be that athletically inept then.

Clumsy people can play some sports too.
Yeah, like bowling and fooseball.

the one true world sport.

the uniter of warring tribes,

the sport that caused the catholic church to officially pray for Ecuador,

the game that draws over 1 billion viewers for it's biggest match,

the beautiful game.

ahhhh soccer.

DoctorPardi said:
To play:
Tennis by far. I love tennis and will play everyone of you bastards. Also I will probably lose to everyone of you as well, but that doesn't matter, I LOVE IT!

To watch:
Football - Professional: Colts!!! College: Auburn Tigers!

Basketball - NBA only, and I am a huge Lakers fan.

Tennis - I am a fan of Andy Roddick, James Blake and Martina Hingis. Something about Martina Hingis' return after being gone makes me want to root for her.

I also like to play Tennis.

I like to watch Baseball.

And I'm also a fan of Hingis and Blake but Federer > Roddick :D
-Dr. P.

I enjoy college bball and football (GO TERPS) it helps i get free tickets to some pretty sweet games

baseball is fun to go to, but i don't like watching it on tv much

Looque said:
Bah. I'd rather watch curling.
I tried watching curling...I just couldn't see the appeal. Seems pretty popular in some places though.

sentrosi said:
I tried watching curling...I just couldn't see the appeal. Seems pretty popular in some places though.

I considered picking it up my freshman year of college when I saw a flier for Club Curling. I figured it would be the easiest route to the Olympics.

Looque said:
I considered picking it up my freshman year of college when I saw a flier for Club Curling. I figured it would be the easiest route to the Olympics.

did u know curling was invented by canadians....
so was basketball
AND HOCKEY
yet we suck at all 3... yea... thats how we do.

SitraAchra said:
you're quite a minority - but i forgive you :oops:

Well, I wasn't suggesting that I enjoy watching curling, either. Watching soccer is kind of like watching NASCAR. The only entertaining parts are those that aren't supposed to happen: fights (or headbutts) and wrecks, respectively.

Looque said:
Well, I wasn't suggesting that I enjoy watching curling, either. Watching soccer is kind of like watching NASCAR. The only entertaining parts are those that aren't supposed to happen: fights (or headbutts) and wrecks, respectively.

Wow a lot of people must like watching NASCAR then if they equate to eachother. But Europe is hung up on that formula 1 stuff anyways (see: far superior racing).

Anyways - it's your personal choice, I'm not a hater. But I refuse to bow my head when challenged about the awesomeness of soccer!

SitraAchra said:
Wow a lot of people must like watching NASCAR then if they equate to eachother. But Europe is hung up on that formula 1 stuff anyways (see: far superior racing).

Anyways - it's your personal choice, I'm not a hater. But I refuse to bow my head when challenged about the awesomeness of soccer!

Formula 1 racing is a lot better, yeah, but any racing other than human racing is lame (unless you're personally involved, in which case it can be a rush). I hate it when people refer to auto- or horseracing as a sport.

And I wouldn't expect you to bow your head when challenged about a sport you love, but wow, it puts me to sleep. Just because it has a worldwide fan-base doesn't mean it's good, in my opinion. By that logic, Britney Spears and countless other talentless hacks in pop music were/are "good."

Looque said:
Formula 1 racing is a lot better, yeah, but any racing other than human racing is lame (unless you're personally involved, in which case it can be a rush). I hate it when people refer to auto- or horseracing as a sport.

And I wouldn't expect you to bow your head when challenged about a sport you love, but wow, it puts me to sleep. Just because it has a worldwide fan-base doesn't mean it's good, in my opinion. By that logic, Britney Spears and countless other talentless hacks in pop music were/are "good."

see u can't say that because spears doesn't have as close of a fan base as lets say metallica or michael jackson or madonna...

Looque said:

Definitely used to have some good times w/Steel Reserve, kind of gave it up after I chugged one that had been opened and sitting out a couple days :barf:

As far as favorite sports:
To watch: College basketball. March Madness baby!
To play: basketball and beer pong are a toss up.

Dr. Pepper said:
I also like to play Tennis.

I like to watch Baseball.

And I'm also a fan of Hingis and Blake but Federer > Roddick :D
-Dr. P.

Yeah, I mean obviously Federer owns Roddick hard, but I can't root for possibly the best player of all time, it is too easy. You have to have some let downs to make the accomplishments worthwhile. (this is not an analogy to my academic career, I would prefer to just not have any let downs lol)

DoctorPardi said:
Yeah, I mean obviously Federer owns Roddick hard, but I can't root for possibly the best player of all time, it is too easy. You have to have some let downs to make the accomplishments worthwhile. (this is not an analogy to my academic career, I would prefer to just not have any let downs lol)

With Rafa on the loose, Fed is starting to get some let downs.

I was shocked that he lost the French Final. First set, 6-0...I mean, come on.
Still Wimbledon champ though.

I think we all feel like Roddick during our academic career. :oops:
-Dr. P.

P.S.: Chaey, if you like that soccer dude, you might also like Rafael Nadal. Consider that a token of gratitude for your new avatar.

Basketball, soccer and F1 racing (if you could call it a sport)

Losing interest in all of them because of bad referees.

To watch: ice hockey (really want to learn to play)

To play: ultimate frisbee, softball, swimming