EK Bio 1001 AND TBR Bio, or is that overkill?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicago88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so if i do all the passages in the ek bio 1001 book and the regular ek text.. would you think that is sufficient or should i do passages in tbr bio as well?

i do realize that you can never really study enough, so a fair answer would of course to do both.. but time is certainly a valuable commodity issue in my case, i would be more than willing to do both if tbr would significantly help me out but if ek 1001 is sufficient than i would rather prioritize my time on other prep...

thoughts?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you had time I would say do TBR Bio passages, TPR Science Workbook Bio passages and EK 1001 Bio.

But since you don't, I can tell you that EK Bio 1001 is DEFINITELY NOT ENOUGH. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. The reason is because the passages and questions in EK Bio 1001 aren't difficult enough. If possible, do TBR Bio because not only is it great practice but it's a bit harder than what you would see on exam day.

Hope this helps,

-LIS

fair enough, thanks! ek seems to be great in nailing in the concepts, but the rigor of actual passage based questions seems to be very simple..

is tpr more challenging in terms of passage based questions or still not enough and tbr is really where it's at?

fair enough, thanks! ek seems to be great in nailing in the concepts, but the rigor of actual passage based questions seems to be very simple..

is tpr more challenging in terms of passage based questions or still not enough and tbr is really where it's at?
What you said about EK is spot on.

Again, if you have time to do both, then do both to get guaranteed results but if you're limited for time then go for TBR. TBR has difficult passages (as does TPR) AND TBR has great explanations for their answers (as they do in all their books). It really helps you figure out and solve difficult passages.

Hope this helps,

-LIS

Members don't see this ad :)
how helpful is the EK 1001 bio?
I understand it's easier than the real thing but is it at all helpful assuming I already know most of my bio.

Should I just focus on TBR Bio and review the answers I missed wrong rather than trying to finish both TBR Bio and EK 1001 Bio?

EK1001 anything is pretty good content review, I think. The bio is at least passage based, so that might help. But like was said, I'd get TBR Bio(which is phenomenal) for "actual" practice.

ek 1001 is great for content review. at least for physiological content review.. on the micro level i'm not sure if it dwells deep enough.

however 1001, will not help you with learning how to attack the passage.. and the bio section is extremely heavy on passage analysis and application. so you should turn to tbr for a better feel of that...