Check out this grammar

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

governaitor

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a message from a program. I can find at least two blantant grammatical errors, and one poorly worded phrase (saying they "start their interviews from 9am-2pm")

It is a good thing I am anonymous as I am going on the interview.

Don't you think someone should proofread this stuff?

Dear Candidate;

We have reviewed your application and is impressed and interested in interviewing you for the PGY'1 position available at our hospital. Please let us know your availability for the upcoming weeks of 11/17 - 12/11/2003 at your earliest. We usually start interviewing around 9:00am til 2:00pm. Lunch is included. If time permits we will do a tour of the facility.

Members don't see this ad.

Here's mine for comparison, similar but different enough to suggest that this has been typed (actually, mistyped) several times:

Dear Candidate;

We have reviewed your application and is interested in in interviewing your for the PGY1 position available at our hospital. Please let us know your availability for the upcoming weeks of 11/17 ? 12/11/2003 at your earliest. We usually start interviewing around 9:00am til 2:00pm. Lunch is included. If time permits we will do a tour of the facility.

Thank you for your interest in our program and good luck.

my favorite section is, "...is interested in in interviewing your..."

I referred to this letter (so much for fine Jesuit education) in the big interview thread. It's downright embarrassing, not to mention about a month late. I sent them a curt email reply, "Thank you for the invitation, but I have already scheduled all my interviews".

Poor secretaries. We have reviewed your tipeing abilities and grematical skills and is decided that we are intrested in in having you sent out all of th invitetions.

Members don't see this ad :)
you should write back:

"Me interested at visiting or interviewing in your poorgrammar, i mean, program."

All your interviews are belong to us.

Wow, that's pretty bad. I wonder what the program director thinks about all of this. Red Flag!! Makes you wonder if you would ever actually get paid. It's a good to know they include lunch though. Then you can go "do the tour" and not be tired.

Too bad, though, that "we is impressed" with only one of the two of you.

That is definitley a skipper.

Stay away from Georgetown for sure!

That is definitley a skipper.

Stay away from Georgetown for sure!

Thank god, you warned the people from 2003 not to go there...
Now as PGY4s hopefully they took your advice.