USC Acceptance Thread (Class of 2014)

Started by nze82
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok so maybe someone didn't get stabbed but going to this guy Vo's class is like getting stabbed...

It is true that most of the donation money will not be seen. It's pretty well known that USC was running on a deficit and the donation will be used to off set that and hire/maintain current faculty levels.

Steve probably goes to USC but he has no idea about patients because he is supposedly still in post-fixed (class of 2012) so there is no way he has any patients.
 
Resurrection at its finest haha

I've been wanting to post in this thread,

and i just did 😀

Who's goin for sure in the fall?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got the letter saying my application is undergoing its preliminary review :/ I turned in my application quite late but I believe I am a pretty strong applicant. I have already sent in my deposit at Loma Linda University but would still go to an interview at USC if I was invited…
How long after you received this letter did you get an interview?? Or is it too late??
 
Before today it was about 1/4 full....sadly i have no clue how full it is after todays round....sorry

congrats tommy! i haven't personally talked to you but i've been reading posts about how usc was your number 1 (even with all your acceptances) and i was really hoping that you would be able to join us! i am very happy for you and the others who are going to be joining us.

i know most of you guys have already done it, but don't forget to join the facebook group!! also feel free to add me if you're going to be attending (Eric Moon) 😀

i'll be flying to LA next week to check out housing. if anyone has any advice regarding housing, please PM or share it here so more people can use the information.

USC Class of 2014!!
 
SoCalBlondie. I got the same letter in the mail and applied late as well. Did you interview already or did they just send you the letter?
 
hi dat rat. when did you get the acceptance email was it also on the 24 like Tommy?
and when did you interview I might have interviewed on the same day.
 
I Interviewed on Feb. 16th and got the accepted e mail on the 24th! 🙂 If you did interview that day then we probably know each other! Have you recieved anything yet?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anybody know when the next round of acceptances for USC is?
 
I heard it could be anywhere from mid to end of March. Im waiting too! :xf: But I interviewed way back in Sept and am worried that they have already overlooked my application since I haven't heard back yet. I still don't know how they select people from their vague interview process.
 
So this is my first post on SDN but I have used it a ton. I wanted to congratulate all of you on you acceptance, and I hope the rest of you get in. Don't listen to Steve who ever he is. He probably just had a bad day. Any one looking for a family friendly place to live send me a PM, and I'll tell you about south pasadena, and help you find a place here. If you are worried about the $, you should be. Because it is a serious chunk of change. If you are married and your spouse works for the school you can get 1/2 tuition for 4.25 semester so it makes it about 80k cheaper. Otherwise I'd join the military. USC is not without problems, but you can come here and work hard, be frustrated, make friends, and enjoy the sunshine. Congrats C/o 2012
 
I don't think they have! I am anxiously waiting too, but called the other day and was told it would be in the "next couple of days, on to next week."
 
I guess I'll see you all back here on Monday, I'm guessing that there's no chance of a Good Friday tomorrow.
 
Apparently acceptances were sent out today. Does anyone know if they were all done today or if there will be more this week? If not, guess we are going to have to wait until the end of april. so incredibly disappointing....
 
Apparently acceptances were sent out today. Does anyone know if they were all done today or if there will be more this week? If not, guess we are going to have to wait until the end of april. so incredibly disappointing....

I'm curious where you heard this since no one said anything on SDN or changed themselves to accepted on predents today. Did you call them?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone told me they got an acceptance email today at 4:30 PST! I wonder why no one posted...
 
I'm curious where you heard this since no one said anything on SDN or changed themselves to accepted on predents today. Did you call them?

lol i was wondering the same thing. i know for sure sdn is the place to go to find the latest news on the dental acceptance world
 
Maybe this person somehow got accepted on an individual basis?......I would feel really relieved.....
 
Hi, I am new to the forum, a friend of mine told me I should post. Anyhow I got the email yesterday around 4:30. I wish everyone luck....
 
Last edited:
Just called and checked, they did send out the March round yesterday. At least the rest of us can stop checking for awhile, next round is at the end of the month.
 
yeah guys...that dude is right. I got an acceptance on tuesday too. Sorry I should have posted earlier. I called the day before my acceptance and they told me that the class was a little over half way full and that they typically try to fill the class by may. There is still pleanty of time left. Good luck to all.
 
I went down to USC to pay my acceptance fee and speak to fin-aid, while I was there they were stuffing a lot of addmission envelops to send out. So hopefully some of you will hear some news soon.
 
I'm in!! Best of luck to everyone!!



I went down to USC to pay my acceptance fee and speak to fin-aid, while I was there they were stuffing a lot of addmission envelops to send out. So hopefully some of you will hear some news soon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats to all those who made it in.

I was hoping that I would be one of them, but unfortunately I'm not 🙁
This sucks
 
wow looks like they sent out lot of acceptances today.
Congrats to you all and don't forget to join our fb group!

also Brian sent out email to those who are accepted, so I am not sure if those people who got accepted today also received them or not, but if you guys need to know what was on there i wouldn't mind sharing them.

once again, congrats and see you in fall!