Baylor College of Medicine 2011

Started by OncoCaP
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
annoying questions...good God no.... obnoxious as in, 'why's he here again?'
 
Hi, I interviewed at Baylor on 11/10 and still haven't received any information from them. I see that there are people who interviewed later than me and have already been accepted. Does anyone here know if they've already started rejecting? I really want to go here, but don't know what to make of the silence...Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So is Baylor actually done with interviews?? I called them last week and they said they'll be screening people into march for the process....
I don't know what is wrong with my app and why I didn't get an interview here....=(
 
So is Baylor actually done with interviews?? I called them last week and they said they'll be screening people into march for the process....
I don't know what is wrong with my app and why I didn't get an interview here....=(

Hey, their webpage states they'll be interviewing through February, so there's still a chance. Check your status page to gauage where you are with them as they do a good job of keeping it updated. Good luck.
 
I found out as an MS2 that I hadn't gotten my Hep B vaccinations (guess they just ignored it for 1 year), and they DID NOT make me pay for the shots (so far I've gotten 2/3).

Then again, you did email the right guy and he should know what his policy is...

The Lanesborough Apartments are on the MetroRail and are a popular option, there's also a Valencia Condo complex there. You can walk to the train station from both. They may be a smidge safer than Condoland proper.

Congrats to all the accepted students!
 
Hi, I interviewed at Baylor on 11/10 and still haven't received any information from them. I see that there are people who interviewed later than me and have already been accepted. Does anyone here know if they've already started rejecting? I really want to go here, but don't know what to make of the silence...Thanks

Well, they are still interviewing people, so it seems very unlikely that they would start rejecting people at the present time. It appears that they are "behind" on admitting people (at least compared to last year), so I would say you still have a good chance.
 
I found out as an MS2 that I hadn't gotten my Hep B vaccinations (guess they just ignored it for 1 year), and they DID NOT make me pay for the shots (so far I've gotten 2/3).
...

Thanks for the info. Houston's Third Ward clinic does not answer the phone at the times I have tried (Monday afternoon), so I went ahead and made an appointment with Austin Regional Clinic's Travel Clinic. Hopefully they will be able to take care of my missing immunizations. I feel like I'm on a scavenger hunt trying to get these immunizations (tried several places and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get all that I'm missing, which seems like pretty standard stuff), and if BCM wants you to have immunizations, they really should offer them or suggest a reliable source.
 
Do y'all know if Baylor has an academic computer discount with any companies? I need a new laptop and I figured I might as well check.


EDIT:

here's apple's: http://store.apple.com/AppleStore/WebObjects/EducationIndividualCustom?qprm=153420&type=higherEd

They do have a deal with Dell. If you go to our class page, click on Information #1 - Jan. 11

Baylor Personal Computer Requirement and Specifications

We will include in every first year student's financial aid allocation $3,000, which can be used to purchase a new computer or upgrade your current computer. If you already own a computer or can purchase a computer or an upgrade for less than $3,000, you should decline all or part of your financial aid allocation so you borrow only what you actually need. Be aware that half of your financial aid award is available in August and half in January. If you currently own a desktop or a laptop computer, the minimum specifications are:

Pentium 4/2.4 GHz processor (2.8 for desktop)
CD-RW Drive
Ethernet card
512 MB RAM
40 GB drive space
Sound card (or equivalent)
1280X1024 monitor (or1024x768 for laptop)
Dell Computer Corporation offers Baylor students discounts on their Dimension Desktops and Inspiron Notebooks through the Student Purchase Program. Visit {get the URL from the site or PM me if you have a problem}. Students are eligible for the purchase program once student ID numbers are assigned (on student ID badge issued during orientation).

Windows XP Professional (not XP Home) operating system is required for all new computer purchases.

A 256 MB USB Flash Drive or 4X-CD/DVD +R Drive (used to store and transfer large files), and Microsoft Office software are useful options.

If purchasing a notebook computer, an Active Matrix Display (often referred to as TFT) is recommended because it has a sharper display.

Baylor only supports 3-Com PCMCIA 10/100 Ethernet cards for connecting notebook computers to Baylor's network.

*******
Personally, I personally have a number of ongoing bad experiences with Dell computers (overheating computers, motherboard defects, hard drives that go out after a year). My impression of Dell is that they use the absolute cheapest parts that they can get away with and design them to minimize their own cost. Their support has been extremely poor in my experience. Personally, HP's are my current favorite (their business class notebooks 9420's or smaller notebooks if you don't like such a large machine) and Lenovos are also very nice although I have had a bad experience with at T42.

If I read the specs correctly, the nx9420 Notebook PC (RB547UT) should meet or exceed all the specs. The Core Duo 1.83 is going to be faster than a single 2.4GHz.

example:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/e...-89315-321838-f1-1839153-1839212-3254501.html

HP also has a student purchase plan available by phone: 1-877-480-4433. They might give you a reduced rate on models that meet the minimum specs, but I'm not sure if the nx9420's are included in that program.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Disclaimer: I get nothing from HP or Lenovo for saying the above and nor do I represent them in any way shape or form. Buyer beware.
 
Appreciate the post. I agree with you on Dells. I loved mine until the motherboard ruined four batteries and had to be replaced twice. I'll check out the HP's....I've heard good things. What's the link to the class page you're getting the info from?
 
Appreciate the post. I agree with you on Dells. I loved mine until the motherboard ruined four batteries and had to be replaced twice. I'll check out the HP's....I've heard good things. What's the link to the class page you're getting the info from?

I'm too much of a wuss to post the link and get my tail in a sling with Baylor Admissions (before I even get there...). They aren't making that link public. Just call admissions and they should be able to give you the web page link for the home page of the class of 2011. 😳
 
wuss...


no, i understand completely. i'lll give them a call or just be patient for once and wait till the mail gets here.



....still a wuss though.
 

Yes, as an MS0, I know my place in the medical food chain right now: bottomfeeder, a.k.a. "dung bettle"
250px-


But, I too shall rise out of the muck someday! :meanie:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would say more like a sea cucumber:

Places_Sea_Cucumber_Lucy_Island_400.jpg


...but to each his own.

:barf:

Yes! Almost perfect:
Spineless -- check.
Bottom dwelling -- check.
Reef Janitor -- check.
Defensive vomiting -- check.
Not housebroken -- check.
Symbiot in cloaca -- check.
Knows when to keep cakehole shut ... hmmm.
 
1) Don't believe that stuff they say about the specific computer you need. Buy a decent laptop that will let you use wireless and you'll be good. Dell has cheaper options if you keep an eye out for deals online

2) I love my Powerbook. It's served me very well at BCM.

3) You don't need to spend $3000 on a computer to get a good one.
 
As a PC user my whole life, I have to admit that I love the Macbook pro as well. I'm not the biggest fan of the OS X, but their hardware is kickass, which is why I'll probably be getting one. Just bootcamp it with vista.
 
use a macbook, too. have had no problems. use parallels to open windows when want to watch lectures at double-time. love it.

regarding apartments, lanesborough is baylor-central. if you want to be a bit more secluded, try places on Kirby Dr. or Maroneal.
 
I'm getting a sweet new MacBook Pro before I start. I've had PCs all my life, and I swore I would never switch, but several of my friends have gotten them recently, and I've spent lots of time using them, so I can't wait to switch. Seriously, check out a Mac. They're pretty amazing.

Totally agree with you on this one! I too have been a PC user all of my life, but most of my friends have gotten MacBooks recently as well and my little sister just got one too (because I talked about it so much - very jealous ...) I'm very excited to switch. They're pretty sweet.
 
Hey guys..I interviewed today at Baylor and I was already in love with it but omg!! I really really really wanna go there!!! Well..here is some advice I need from you guys that are already in..one of the interviewers at the end of my interview said something like " I see no problem with you coming to baylor..we would love to have someone like you here" ....what does this mean..is it pretty generic? or should I take it positively..my stats are not as high as most people that apply and are accepted there..and that worries me about my chances of getting accepted there..but i don't know how much weight the interviews have..and i'm really on the edge with what those last few comments meant and whether i should build up any expectations at all for that matter!!! please help 🙂
 
Hey guys..I interviewed today at Baylor and I was already in love with it but omg!! I really really really wanna go there!!! Well..here is some advice I need from you guys that are already in..one of the interviewers at the end of my interview said something like " I see no problem with you coming to baylor..we would love to have someone like you here" ....what does this mean..is it pretty generic? or should I take it positively..my stats are not as high as most people that apply and are accepted there..and that worries me about my chances of getting accepted there..but i don't know how much weight the interviews have..and i'm really on the edge with what those last few comments meant and whether i should build up any expectations at all for that matter!!! please help 🙂

That's good. It doesn't mean you'll get in though... it just means your interviewer will probably fight for you. You just don't want to get "I hope you get in" or something like that meaning, "I'm not going to push your acceptance."
 
I feel like we'd have better chances in astrology than in analyzing the meanings of interviewer closing comments and their relationship to acceptances. Although, Dr. Dancer, I do feel a very strong pull of Jupiter lately...
 
For those buying a new computer I would recommend getting a TabletPC. It is nice being able to write directly on the screen when taking notes in class. Baylor does not print out a syllabus for you anymore but everything is digital either in pdf or doc format. If I remember correctly syllabi can run something like $50 a block so the added cost of a tablet is well worth it over your basic sciences career.
 
Hey guys..I interviewed today at Baylor and I was already in love with it but omg!! I really really really wanna go there!!! Well..here is some advice I need from you guys that are already in..one of the interviewers at the end of my interview said something like " I see no problem with you coming to baylor..we would love to have someone like you here" ....what does this mean..is it pretty generic? or should I take it positively..my stats are not as high as most people that apply and are accepted there..and that worries me about my chances of getting accepted there..but i don't know how much weight the interviews have..and i'm really on the edge with what those last few comments meant and whether i should build up any expectations at all for that matter!!! please help 🙂

Here is what I was told by one of the students on the adcom. To get you to an interview there are severals steps. First they take your GPA + MCAT to get score #1. If you pass that screen, a member of the adcom reads your application. This person gives your app. (essays, quality of essays, LORs, etc) another score, #2. If #1 + #2 are greater than the cutoff you are asked to interview. After your interviews, they give them a value and add it to the total of 1+2. They than rank you according to all of the other interviewees. Every 2 weeks Dr. Michael accepts ~top 5% off the list.

Oh and one of my interviewers was a complete dick. He was very condescending and none of my answers were sufficient for him. I don't know whether or not he just didn't like me from the start and there was nothing I could do, or if it was a pressure interview to see how I perform under stressful situations.:scared:
 
Hey guys..I interviewed today at Baylor and I was already in love with it but omg!! I really really really wanna go there!!! Well..here is some advice I need from you guys that are already in..one of the interviewers at the end of my interview said something like " I see no problem with you coming to baylor..we would love to have someone like you here" ....what does this mean..is it pretty generic? or should I take it positively..my stats are not as high as most people that apply and are accepted there..and that worries me about my chances of getting accepted there..but i don't know how much weight the interviews have..and i'm really on the edge with what those last few comments meant and whether i should build up any expectations at all for that matter!!! please help 🙂
Like others have said, I would assume that you did well in that interview, but not much more.
 
Here is what I was told by one of the students on the adcom. To get you to an interview there are severals steps. First they take your GPA + MCAT to get score #1. If you pass that screen, a member of the adcom reads your application. This person gives your app. (essays, quality of essays, LORs, etc) another score, #2. If #1 + #2 are greater than the cutoff you are asked to interview. After your interviews, they give them a value and add it to the total of 1+2. They than rank you according to all of the other interviewees. Every 2 weeks Dr. Michael accepts ~top 5% off the list.

Oh and one of my interviewers was a complete dick. He was very condescending and none of my answers were sufficient for him. I don't know whether or not he just didn't like me from the start and there was nothing I could do, or if it was a pressure interview to see how I perform under stressful situations.:scared:

you were there yday as well right? i'm sorry about your interviewer..my first one was kind of like that as well although not that bad....
well..thanks guys! i was just overthinking everything last night and couldn't get to sleep....but now that my head is clearer i'm just going to focus on the match and see where i get with that..and que sera sera..
thanks a lot!
 
you were there yday as well right? i'm sorry about your interviewer..my first one was kind of like that as well although not that bad....
well..thanks guys! i was just overthinking everything last night and couldn't get to sleep....but now that my head is clearer i'm just going to focus on the match and see where i get with that..and que sera sera..
thanks a lot!

I was there on the 2nd.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good Job to everyone who has been accepted. I was accepted on 1/18, interviewed 11/15. Just recently discovered SDN and this thread. Having read a few of the more recent posts, I figured I would reply.

I felt that Baylor was by far my worst performance at an interview. I, too, found that none of my answers seemed to be sufficient for the interviewer. Consequently, I thought there was no chance on earth that I would get the phone call. I guess they really were just trying to irritate you, push your buttons, and see how you respond.

I'm very excited about Baylor. I loved the program, the facilities, the people (mostly), everything. I'm glad to see that the recent acceptees seem to be following the same path.
 
Good Job to everyone who has been accepted. I was accepted on 1/18, interviewed 11/15. Just recently discovered SDN and this thread. Having read a few of the more recent posts, I figured I would reply.

I felt that Baylor was by far my worst performance at an interview. I, too, found that none of my answers seemed to be sufficient for the interviewer. Consequently, I thought there was no chance on earth that I would get the phone call. I guess they really were just trying to irritate you, push your buttons, and see how you respond.

I'm very excited about Baylor. I loved the program, the facilities, the people (mostly), everything. I'm glad to see that the recent acceptees seem to be following the same path.

I have to disagree. I'm sure not all interviewers were like that. My student interviewer and I got along famously while my other interviewer, although she smiled less, still had a nonaggressive demeanor. They both expressed a lot of interest in my accomplishments in the past and my goals for the future, both very encouraging. My second interviewer was probably 40-50 yrs old and had a son my age at the same HS I went to, so for some reason I felt like she was being very motherly towards me. Seems that for some reason, a large number of interviewers I've had in Texas have had sons that went to my high school, even Dr. Greenberg who called me told me his son went to Bellaire. Weird coincidence, I suppose.
 
at baylor's interview, a lot of the students kept mentioning how they have 7 months of freetime. does anyone know how these 7 months are distributed? whether they just mean summers and breaks add up to 7 months or if there is seriously a full chunk of 7 months free?
 
at baylor's interview, a lot of the students kept mentioning how they have 7 months of freetime. does anyone know how these 7 months are distributed? whether they just mean summers and breaks add up to 7 months or if there is seriously a full chunk of 7 months free?

Here is my somewhat uninformed answer until you get a better answer from one of the Baylor students.

Baylor's academic program with durations is available online:

Pre-clinical:
http://www.bcm.edu/osa/handbook/preclinical_curriculum.html

Clinicial:
http://www.bcm.edu/osa/handbook/clinical_curriculum.html

I'm not sure about the seven months. I didn't hear that on my interview, but I might have missed that factoid.
 
hey i interviewed on 1/8 and am OOS but nevertheless holding out hardcore for an acceptance call. 2 questions for you lucky ones (1) calls are made every 2 weeks right not every friday (2) the summer between M1 and M2 (or MS1 and MS2 according to some schools) is how long for baylor? the link above hints at 2 months(june to august) but i remember it being like less than a month or about a month at the interview presentation. fill me in and i hope to be part of this group soon! (fingers crossed)
 
hey i interviewed on 1/8 and am OOS but nevertheless holding out hardcore for an acceptance call. 2 questions for you lucky ones (1) calls are made every 2 weeks right not every friday (2) the summer between M1 and M2 (or MS1 and MS2 according to some schools) is how long for baylor? the link above hints at 2 months(june to august) but i remember it being like less than a month or about a month at the interview presentation. fill me in and i hope to be part of this group soon! (fingers crossed)

Hey EBI831, hope it works out for you! :luck: I remember the feeling of waiting and getting the call. It's not the kind of thing you forget.

1. Anyway, the dean calls whenever it's convenient for him ... seemingly random (various days of the week, various intervals, various time). Look for the 'Unknown' Caller ID -- better yet spend your time on something else besides waiting for that call.

2. It's one month between MSI & II: ~June 27 - July 28 - Vacation

(((🙂luck: ))))
 
You could hear back ANY time after two weeks. I heard around 6pm on a Wednesday afternoon. There is no particular day when they'll call. I think they just call you when it fits into their schedule best. They're still practicing physicians (many of them anyway) when they're not doing admissions stuff.

Although it seems that Wednesday 6pm is a popular time (mine too). I remember it, because I was suppoed to be leaving for my Nebraska interview the next day and cancelled it. But seriously, just take a deep breath, and forget about waiting for the call (a watched pot never boils, as they say).
 
Good Job to everyone who has been accepted. I was accepted on 1/18, interviewed 11/15. Just recently discovered SDN and this thread. Having read a few of the more recent posts, I figured I would reply.

I felt that Baylor was by far my worst performance at an interview. I, too, found that none of my answers seemed to be sufficient for the interviewer. Consequently, I thought there was no chance on earth that I would get the phone call. I guess they really were just trying to irritate you, push your buttons, and see how you respond.

I'm very excited about Baylor. I loved the program, the facilities, the people (mostly), everything. I'm glad to see that the recent acceptees seem to be following the same path.

Strange, my interviews at Baylor were probably one of my least stressfull. I got along great with my student interviewer, and my faculty interview was very straight forward. As I recall, most of the other students I talked to that day felt the same way I did.
 
hey i interviewed on 1/8 and am OOS but nevertheless holding out hardcore for an acceptance call. 2 questions for you lucky ones (1) calls are made every 2 weeks right not every friday (2) the summer between M1 and M2 (or MS1 and MS2 according to some schools) is how long for baylor? the link above hints at 2 months(june to august) but i remember it being like less than a month or about a month at the interview presentation. fill me in and i hope to be part of this group soon! (fingers crossed)

I interviewed 1/5 and am OOS but nevertheless holding out hardcore for an acceptance call, too. I really liked Baylor. One of my interviews was very laid-back and chill, the other was not quite a grilling, but the "that answer won't do" type, while I was a bit scared and all wrapped up in the moment, I kept it cool. I've been staring at this pot, waiting for it to boil, hardcore.

It seems that most are getting the call about 2 months post interview.
::Crosses fingers::
 
at baylor's interview, a lot of the students kept mentioning how they have 7 months of freetime. does anyone know how these 7 months are distributed? whether they just mean summers and breaks add up to 7 months or if there is seriously a full chunk of 7 months free?

I'm not sure what the link that's posted says, but here's how it works out:

Basic sciences until December of 2nd year. January of 2nd year, you begin clinicals. From that time forward, you have until graduation (or a few weeks before) to complete: 3 months of Medicine, 3 months of Surgery, 2 of Pedi, 2 of Psych, 2 of OB/GYN, 1 of Neuro, 1 of Family (those are the cores). Then you have to also do 5 months of electives and 1 month of Medicine selectives (2 2-week rotations). That adds up to 20 months. The few scheduling constraints are that you must complete Medicine and Surgery in your first 12 months of rotations (by Decemebr of 3rd year), you must complete Family by the end of 3rd year (per random Texas law), and you cannot do any core rotations (except Neuro) in the Spring of 4th year. Other than that, you can schedule anything at any time (assuming the Registrar says there is space).

Personally, I did Medicine first, then took April off. Then 2 months of Psych, then everyone gets the last 2 weeks of June off (on clinical rotations). Then I did Surgery for July-Sept, one month of Family and 2 months of Peds. Im now taking off 2 months to study for Step I. After that, I'll do an elective in March, a 2-week selective at the beginning of April, take the next 2 weeks off, then do 2 one-month electives in May and June. Beyond that, I really haven't figured out my schedule, except that I will be taking OB/GYN in the fall and Neuro next Feb (my 4th year spring).

So, there is a lot of time to play with, and you have pretty good control over when you take months off. All clinical students at Baylor have the last 2 weeks in June, and the 2 weeks over Christmas off (not all schools give you Christmas off!).
 
I interviewed 1/5 and am OOS but nevertheless holding out hardcore for an acceptance call, too. I really liked Baylor. One of my interviews was very laid-back and chill, the other was not quite a grilling, but the "that answer won't do" type, while I was a bit scared and all wrapped up in the moment, I kept it cool. I've been staring at this pot, waiting for it to boil, hardcore.

It seems that most are getting the call about 2 months post interview.
::Crosses fingers::

yah sorry 1/5 here too seeing as its only on fridays. i mixed my dates up. i'm hoping for acceptance call or some word in the next few weeks...two months that will kill me!
 
hiya,

i'm just wondering if anyone with low stats has gotten into baylor so far. by "low" i mean anything below their avg, which is 3.8, 33.6 or something.

any takers?
 
hiya,

i'm just wondering if anyone with low stats has gotten into baylor so far. by "low" i mean anything below their avg, which is 3.8, 33.6 or something.

any takers?

Hi Sahmbo,

Here is my mostly uninformed and unscientific opinion 😀 : as a general guide to any average (unless the distribution is very non-normal), ~50% of the people will have at least one of their stats below the average. My guess is that 50% or more will have a lower GPA and a higher MCAT or vice-versa, so if you're below both stats, that's probably not a good thing. My guess is that if your stats are not great, you should have strong EC's research, etc. Also, lower stats might get interviewed and accepted later.

Hope it works out for you! 🙂
 
I interviewed 1/5 and am OOS but nevertheless holding out hardcore for an acceptance call, too. I really liked Baylor. One of my interviews was very laid-back and chill, the other was not quite a grilling, but the "that answer won't do" type, while I was a bit scared and all wrapped up in the moment, I kept it cool. I've been staring at this pot, waiting for it to boil, hardcore.

It seems that most are getting the call about 2 months post interview.
::Crosses fingers::
Sounds like my interviews too.

Come Baylor 😀 You know you want me. 😀
 
at baylor's interview, a lot of the students kept mentioning how they have 7 months of freetime. does anyone know how these 7 months are distributed? whether they just mean summers and breaks add up to 7 months or if there is seriously a full chunk of 7 months free?

In addition to what ms. a said, you can get 1 month (8 credits of a total of 40) of the elective credit completed during the pre-clinical curriculum by taking various electives (compassion of medicine, sports medicine, woman's health, etc.) offered during the year. Also, we're required to do a one month sub-internship in medicine, peds, or surgery sometime fourth year. As it stands now, I'll be finished with all of my cores and completing step one sometime in April '08 and then if I take my electives back to back, I can be finished with all my requirements in October of my senior year. Pretty sweet!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In addition to what ms. a said, you can get 1 month (8 credits of a total of 40) of the elective credit completed during the pre-clinical curriculum by taking various electives (compassion of medicine, sports medicine, woman's health, etc.) offered during the year. Also, we're required to do a one month sub-internship in medicine, peds, or surgery sometime fourth year. As it stands now, I'll be finished with all of my cores and completing step one sometime in April '08 and then if I take my electives back to back, I can be finished with all my requirements in October of my senior year. Pretty sweet!

Right. The reason I didn't mention the sub-I is that, as it stands now, the sub-I counts for one of the electives, so it doesn't add any additional months. That may be subject to change, though, in future classes (or the change might have already happened and I just don't know about it).

A lot of 4th years are already finished with everything, and have been since December. I've chosen to spread out my vacations a bit, so I can spend more time with family throughout rotations. Also, I'd be really nervous to start as a resident on July 1 after having done absolutely no hospital work or anything for 6 or more months!
 
I have looked through the boards but can't seem to find info on this, so I thought I'd ask it here.

What is the class schedule at Baylor like during the pre-clinical years? Their website says 8-12 then 1-5. Are classes really packed until 5 each day? Does someone have a time schedule for the first semester/year at Baylor, so that I could see what classes are held at what time?

BTW, my interview is next Fri. (2/16). Any advice or heads up from all of you who have interviewed or been accepted already?
 
I have looked through the boards but can't seem to find info on this, so I thought I'd ask it here.

What is the class schedule at Baylor like during the pre-clinical years? Their website says 8-12 then 1-5. Are classes really packed until 5 each day? Does someone have a time schedule for the first semester/year at Baylor, so that I could see what classes are held at what time?

BTW, my interview is next Fri. (2/16). Any advice or heads up from all of you who have interviewed or been accepted already?

What I was told was that the schedule was not packed until 5 each day. It varies with anatomy lab, etc. There is also PBL in the afternoon. There are breaks and no, it's not 8-5. My impression is that it's packed in the mornings 8-12 and then there are various classes and labs, say from 1-2:30pm etc.

Enjoy your interviews. They really aren't bad, but they are important. If you have had any interviews elsewhere, you will probably find them similar (although I found them to be shorter at only 30 mins). Your interviewers will almost certainly ask about various information from your application and experiences that make you want to become a physician. Check out the interview feedback section on SDN.
 
I have looked through the boards but can't seem to find info on this, so I thought I'd ask it here.

What is the class schedule at Baylor like during the pre-clinical years? Their website says 8-12 then 1-5. Are classes really packed until 5 each day? Does someone have a time schedule for the first semester/year at Baylor, so that I could see what classes are held at what time?

BTW, my interview is next Fri. (2/16). Any advice or heads up from all of you who have interviewed or been accepted already?

There is didactic lecture every day from 8-12. It is also videotaped and put on the web, if you choose to stay home and watch it later. Attendance is not required. Two days a week, there are small group sessions. One is a problem-based learning group, where you go through cases and assign everyone learning issues to come back and share with the group the next week. The other is the learn-where-to-put-the-stethescope group, where you learn each part of a basic history and physical in small groups and then go out every other week to a preceptor and practice on real patients. Attendance for the small groups is required. They are usually done about 3-4 in the afternoon.

Good luck on your interview.