Overall coolness of Ophthalmology residents?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icewoman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Icewoman
Do you guys consider Ophthalmology residents to be "cool"? I used to think that most Ophtho residents were cool... but after interviewing with some of you, I have to say that we are mostly a bunch of tools. Ortho residents are much cooler, in my humble opinion.

After reading through your posts, it is clear that you are the biggest tool out there. Your arrogance is disgusting. +pissed+

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah...way to go Icewoman! Congrats on baylor! You must be a real superstar.

Icewoman if you're going into ophtho then you must also be a tool.

Icewoman, I think by general consensus of the forum, we would very much like you to do Ortho!

Ortho residents are much cooler, in my humble opinion.

There is nothing humble about you.

Good point. Yet another inflammatory post from a person with an appropriate name. Ice...

Btw, can anyone comfirm that she(?) actually matched at Baylor? Or is this as real as her (?) supposed September interview offers from Wills and Wilmer?:confused:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81905

Could she (?) actually just be some overweight 45 year old dude with nothing better to do than flame others? Just wondering...:D

Chill out guys, no need to take Ice Woman's comment so personally! Besides, since she's going to be an ophtho resident, she's allowed to bust on herself. Maybe it was a little bit of a low-blow, but while the ortho residents are slaving away at the hospital, the ophtho residents will be out having fun (assuming any of you ophtho tools know how to have fun, j/k!).

Sorry about that. I really meant that to be more lighthearted than it may have come across. It's harder to make a joke when you can't use body language. Maybe I should've added one of these :p I guess I really do have too much free time. I love 4th year....

I've always wondered why people would want to look at people's schlong's all day? Is it a hidden homophobic tendency? Please inform me why Urology is a popular field in some people's respects.

Nice comeback "Urine-Boy" :laugh:

Haha... I got you mad, didn't I? Have a fun time following a surgeon's orders...

This will probably cause some interesting comments...

Why did y'all go to DO school? I want to know b/c most med students (and thus your future colleagues) believe that you guys couldn't get into an MD program. Help debunk this myth with some truthful stories.

And what is the main differences between the training provided by a DO vs. MD program?

You're right.... I wish I was a "DO"... then people would mistake me for a dentist! You're an attending, and you're wasting time on these boards? Pretty pathetic.

Oh, by the way, can you duck down and tell me how much urine I am making right now. That's your job, right?

Actually, I AM in a top ten medical school and please believe me that going to medical school (not osteopath school) gives you many, many more options in terms of career development. It also gives you more options in terms of where you train and eventually end up.

Most of the DO's that I have ever run across are scrappy people practicing in the crappy parts of town -- positions where no MD in his right mind (beside FMGs) would want to practice in.

I love your fluffy comments DO's!! :love:

ENT sucks. Do Ophthalmology.

Go clean some teeth or something.

BTW, we hot girls don't like guys "beneath" us in status.

Judging from your picture, i bet you don't get to use your "tool" too often... or maybe you do... after a down-payment.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't get the "chiropractic" reference aphistis.

One word: minoxidil

Hugs,

Please take off your picture. I get nauseated looking at it. Thanks!

I'm going into Ophthalmology... and it confuses me to no end why people choose Internal Medicine as a profession. Therefore, I was wondering what your rationales (or irrationales :) are for choosing this field.

And another question: why does every Medicine person I know say that they are doing either Cards or GI? Are there that many spots in these sub-specialties? Or do they feel compelled to say that they are not "just going" into Internal Medicine and need something to inflate their egos?

There are DO ophthalmology residency programs?!? Maybe I should add them on...

I'm never politically correct.

Huh?

anyways, how many DO ophtho programs are there? Are you sure we're not talking about OD schools?

True anything is possible... but do you really want to wait around for DO's to "progress" when you could just become a MD?

I'd say that these posts are pathognomonic for being a tool.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're right.... I wish I was a "DO"... then people would mistake me for a dentist! You're an attending, and you're wasting time on these boards? Pretty pathetic.

Hmmm... so when I'm an attending and spending time on these boards, then I'll be wasting my time too? Will I be a tool and pathetic? :rolleyes:

I'll admit that I never got to read the original post b/c it was edited, but why are people getting so bent out of shape over being called a tool? Is this a sore spot or something?

Originally posted by Sledge2005
I'll admit that I never got to read the original post b/c it was edited, but why are people getting so bent out of shape over being called a tool? Is this a sore spot or something?

I don't think it's about being called a tool. As you can see from those previous posts, she is just a mean-spirited egomaniac who gets her kicks out of stepping on thers so she can feel better about herself.

She uses the anonymity of these boards to piss on those she considers are "beneath" her. If she is telling the truth though (she already was busted for lying about her interviews), how anonymous is someone from UPenn applying for Ophthalmology and matching at Baylor?

I'm confused, however, at why she edited her post at the beginning of this thread?

It's not like she was going to fool anyone, because of the quoting feature of this board....

-Ice

Well at least it's good to know the interviewing process is working very well and really selecting the best of the best for OPH progreams.

Originally posted by GeddyLee
Well at least it's good to know the interviewing process is working very well and really selecting the best of the best for OPH progreams.

Perhaps you appeared too cool in your interviews. Next time hike you pants up and wear thicker glasses so you'll fit in better :)

Originally posted by GlaucomaMD
To All,

I am concerned that some untrueful comments are being made on the board - this is going to set a bad precedent if allowed to continue...

Icewoman claims to be at UPenn...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=930356#post930356

No one from UPenn has matched with Baylor this year nor last year.

So...

Where did you really match? (if you matched)
Icewoman, Icewoman, Icewoman...busted again. Really, it's a little insulting how little effort you go to to maintain this trollish charade.