-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Will you get into med school?
Started by willthatsall
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Originally posted by willthatsall
It seems like most people who post on here are getting into med school. I want to see how everyone honestly feels about their chances.
Well, since I already got in... you know my vote

Haha, that's true. Ok, you "accepted" people don't count.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kinda late in the game to ask this question since a lot of the people on these days are the people that are involved in this cycles application.
ask this early in august or something for the 2005 cycle to see a better response.
but ill vote to see how i feel of whether or not ill get off a waitlist...😀
ask this early in august or something for the 2005 cycle to see a better response.
but ill vote to see how i feel of whether or not ill get off a waitlist...😀
Originally posted by NRAI2001
i m sure almost anyone could get into some carribean school
not enough funds for me...😎
B
Blade28
Originally posted by NRAI2001
i m sure almost anyone could get into some carribean school
Like jlee9531 said, not all of us have that kind of money ($200k 😱 ). 🙂
I think I have a fair shot for this upcoming cycle. I will by no stretch of the imagination blow the adcoms away.
Originally posted by Buckeye(OH)
I think I have a fair shot for this upcoming cycle. I will by no stretch of the imagination blow the adcoms away.
What? You plan on carrying a gun to your interviews? Or are we talking the other "blow"? Sorry, I've been watching too much Sopranos.
My ******* isn't getting in anywhere. The main reason I say this is simply because this process is pretty random (with ****loads of 3.9s/30+ folks getting rejected and lots of 3.1s and 29s getting accepted...I'm keeping ECs/essays/volunteering constant here folks) and I have horrible luck. In addition, my life just sucks huge ass so I can't really see it improving by a med school admission. I mean...my life REALLY sucks so I doubt any med school would take me simply because nothing turns out for me.
Wow BerkeleyPremed, don't be so hard on yourself. Just apply early and hope for the best. Everything should turn out fine.🙂Originally posted by BerkeleyPremed
My ******* isn't getting in anywhere. The main reason I say this is simply because this process is pretty random (with ****loads of 3.9s/30+ folks getting rejected and lots of 3.1s and 29s getting accepted...I'm keeping ECs/essays/volunteering constant here folks) and I have horrible luck. In addition, my life just sucks huge ass so I can't really see it improving by a med school admission. I mean...my life REALLY sucks so I doubt any med school would take me simply because nothing turns out for me.
Going into the process I also didn't think I would get into anywhere, but you just never know.👍
BerkeleyPremed said:My ******* isn't getting in anywhere. The main reason I say this is simply because this process is pretty random (with ****loads of 3.9s/30+ folks getting rejected and lots of 3.1s and 29s getting accepted...I'm keeping ECs/essays/volunteering constant here folks) and I have horrible luck. In addition, my life just sucks huge ass so I can't really see it improving by a med school admission. I mean...my life REALLY sucks so I doubt any med school would take me simply because nothing turns out for me.
c'mon berkeley premed, there has to be something worth living for, right?
i hope you have some support to get through this tough time, but keep your chin up about med school and try not to go into it with a 'no chance' attitude. that can only hurt you when it comes to interview time (i have visions of eeyore here--"oh well, i know i'm not getting in anyway. might as well just give up now"). do the best you can, believe in yourself and use your pals here at SDN and elsewhere to get through it. i'm not saying the process doesn't suck, because it does. and it can make even the most self-assured person feel like a tool. but, you do have a chance and you'll have a better one if you believe (even just a little teeny bit) that you do.
good luck!!!
man berkeleypremed....
sometimes you post things i dont agree with or your tone, but i support ya since you go to cal.
for you to think you cant get in anywhere...i dont completely believe that. even with my numbers...i was fairly confident that i would get in SOMEWHERE...maybe not california but somewhere.
you seem like a studier who wants to do well and im sure you have been fairly successful gradewise. you run a nice organization. since you arent too old, im sure you have the energy to do a lot more stuff (which you are prolly doing right now as i speak)
theres no need to worry about who else is getting in and who isnt. there are specific reasons for all of this. none of which you really need to worry about. just take care of yourself and think about the potential good you can bring to medicine.
sometimes you post things i dont agree with or your tone, but i support ya since you go to cal.
for you to think you cant get in anywhere...i dont completely believe that. even with my numbers...i was fairly confident that i would get in SOMEWHERE...maybe not california but somewhere.
you seem like a studier who wants to do well and im sure you have been fairly successful gradewise. you run a nice organization. since you arent too old, im sure you have the energy to do a lot more stuff (which you are prolly doing right now as i speak)
theres no need to worry about who else is getting in and who isnt. there are specific reasons for all of this. none of which you really need to worry about. just take care of yourself and think about the potential good you can bring to medicine.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 32
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 536