Parent Med School Alum Connect

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

loveislander

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I have physician parents. Neither are super active as alums, most likely limited to med school reunions. I am applying to both schools with an MCAT above their median and GPA on par. Is there anything they could do to my benefit? I briefly mention them in the secondaries for each school but there's obviously much more to an applicant than where their parents went, so I didn't really touch on it more than a sentence. But if there's any advice on if this would help move me from secondary to interview, or interview to acceptance I would love to know. Thanks!
 
Hi! I have physician parents. Neither are super active as alums, most likely limited to med school reunions. I am applying to both schools with an MCAT above their median and GPA on par. Is there anything they could do to my benefit? I briefly mention them in the secondaries for each school but there's obviously much more to an applicant than where their parents went, so I didn't really touch on it more than a sentence. But if there's any advice on if this would help move me from secondary to interview, or interview to acceptance I would love to know. Thanks!
Some schools will explicitly ask you to declare your parents as alumni, and you should have described them as physicians on your AMCAS.

Many of us in admissions appreciate the parents who do not hover or meddle in their childrens' applications.