Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Will you get into med school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by willthatsall, Apr 5, 2004.

?

How do you feel about your chances to get into med school?

1. I will definitely get in. (>90% probability)

71 vote(s)
    54.6%
  2. I think I have a good chance. (60% - 89% probability)

29 vote(s)
    22.3%
  3. I think I have a decent chance. (30% - 59% probability)

25 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. It's a long shot. (<30% probability)

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. willthatsall

willthatsall Unretired
    7+ Year Member

It seems like most people who post on here are getting into med school. I want to see how everyone honestly feels about their chances.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Spitting Camel

Spitting Camel Anteater for Life!
    7+ Year Member

Well, since I already got in... you know my vote :laugh:

4. willthatsall

willthatsall Unretired
    7+ Year Member

Haha, that's true. Ok, you "accepted" people don't count.

5. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    kinda late in the game to ask this question since a lot of the people on these days are the people that are involved in this cycles application.

ask this early in august or something for the 2005 cycle to see a better response.

but ill vote to see how i feel of whether or not ill get off a waitlist...:D

6. NRAI2001

NRAI2001 3K Member
    10+ Year Member

i m sure almost anyone could get into some carribean school

7. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    not enough funds for me...:cool:

8. Like jlee9531 said, not all of us have that kind of money ($200k :eek: ). :)

9. Wahooali

Wahooali The Real Sydney Bristow
    7+ Year Member

I'm in the long shot category. :( Come on adcoms, please like me! Guess we'll find out this Fall.

10. Buckeye(OH)

Buckeye(OH) 5K+ Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I think I have a fair shot for this upcoming cycle. I will by no stretch of the imagination blow the adcoms away.

11. BananaSplit

BananaSplit Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

What? You plan on carrying a gun to your interviews? Or are we talking the other "blow"? Sorry, I've been watching too much Sopranos.

12. DrJ2B

DrJ2B Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

As time has gone, I think I have a decent shot but by all means not a good not definite chance. Waitlists worry me a great deal! :(

13. BerkeleyPremed

BerkeleyPremed Membership Revoked
    Removed

My ******* isn't getting in anywhere. The main reason I say this is simply because this process is pretty random (with ****loads of 3.9s/30+ folks getting rejected and lots of 3.1s and 29s getting accepted...I'm keeping ECs/essays/volunteering constant here folks) and I have horrible luck. In addition, my life just sucks huge ass so I can't really see it improving by a med school admission. I mean...my life REALLY sucks so I doubt any med school would take me simply because nothing turns out for me.

14. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

Wow BerkeleyPremed, don't be so hard on yourself. Just apply early and hope for the best. Everything should turn out fine.:)

Going into the process I also didn't think I would get into anywhere, but you just never know.:thumbup:

15. traumamonkey

traumamonkey mid-level resident
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

c'mon berkeley premed, there has to be something worth living for, right?
    i hope you have some support to get through this tough time, but keep your chin up about med school and try not to go into it with a 'no chance' attitude. that can only hurt you when it comes to interview time (i have visions of eeyore here--"oh well, i know i'm not getting in anyway. might as well just give up now"). do the best you can, believe in yourself and use your pals here at SDN and elsewhere to get through it. i'm not saying the process doesn't suck, because it does. and it can make even the most self-assured person feel like a tool. but, you do have a chance and you'll have a better one if you believe (even just a little teeny bit) that you do.

good luck!!!

16. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    man berkeleypremed....

sometimes you post things i dont agree with or your tone, but i support ya since you go to cal.

for you to think you cant get in anywhere...i dont completely believe that. even with my numbers...i was fairly confident that i would get in SOMEWHERE...maybe not california but somewhere.

you seem like a studier who wants to do well and im sure you have been fairly successful gradewise. you run a nice organization. since you arent too old, im sure you have the energy to do a lot more stuff (which you are prolly doing right now as i speak)

theres no need to worry about who else is getting in and who isnt. there are specific reasons for all of this. none of which you really need to worry about. just take care of yourself and think about the potential good you can bring to medicine.