has anyone been re-interviewed? good or bad?

Started by rebelins
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rebelins

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have Albert Einstein asking to reinterview me. What the heck does that mean in terms of my chances? Talk about ambiguous vibes. Anyone have any input?
 
My interviewer at Einstein told me that applicants are asked for a second interview if there is a discrepancy b/w what the committee believes and what the interviewers recommends. The second interview serves as another opinion.
 
By the way, when did you interview and how did they notify you for the second interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is weird! Don't schools ever consider that two trips across the country might be asking a bit much for a possible acceptance?
 
No, schools do not consider multiple trips even across one or two states is not inconvenient. I've already made two trips to NYC and I'm about to make a third. I called NYU, Sinai, and Cornell and basically had all three laugh at me that I have to keep travelling to NY! One even telling me that I should be happy to be making multiple trips to the best city in the US!!!

Oh well, good luck rebelins and let us know what happens. If you don't mind sharing what are your stats and how did your original interview go?