any white male pre-meds out there???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicineMan99

Family Medicine Attending (DO)
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm a white male applying to medical school and just wanted to know if there was anyone else out there like me.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am also a white male, but I find this question kind of unreasonable because white male probably make up the majority of medical school applicants.

Just me two cents, don't take offense. The question just needs to be more detailed. :)

i'm pretty sure he was joking

Members don't see this ad :)
Lets hope so, but I just did not expect the first post from someone to be a joke. However, I guess everyone joins the forums for different reasons. :laugh:

Thanks guys! Now I know there are people like me. I know that females dominate the medical field nowadays and wanted to be sure there was still a place for white males like me!

I bet white males aren't the majority. Females are close to 50% off the applicant pool, so for white males to be in the majority, there couldn't be any non-white males applying.

White males are one of the larger groups, but not the majority.

Dude, not to rain on your parade... but why didn't you post in the other thread started by Shades McCool a couple of weeks ago? You'll find lots of support there...

Dude, not to rain on your parade... but why didn't you post in the other thread started by Shades McCool a couple of weeks ago? You'll find lots of support there...
its funny, we just can't seem to unite against The Man/Woman! why must we suffer through several threads of intermediate length when we could consolidate and make one gargantuan monstrosity of a thread like the black pre-med chicks? we'll never get anywhere is this world i tells ya....

superdevil said:
its funny, we just can't seem to unite against The Man/Woman! why must we suffer through several threads of intermediate length when we could consolidate and make one gargantuan monstrosity of a thread like the black pre-med chicks? we'll never get anywhere is this world i tells ya....

U N I T Y

Let's start it up....The official "whitey" thread, we could use the logo from the bread

superdevil said:
why must we suffer through several threads of intermediate length when we could consolidate and make one gargantuan monstrosity of a thread like the black pre-med chicks?

Now you've got the idea! :idea: You must aim to rival the "Broken Antenna" thread!

Hey guys, I am the president of the All-American Male Biology Pre-Meds. I have been busy working on my golden tan and I have been brushing so whenever I smile you see the sparkle and hear a ding.

Since we are all privileged, who wants to tee off with me at 7:00 am tomorrow? Afterwards we can have lunch with my girlfriend Buffy at the club. Who is up for it?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey shades, can i be VP?

my resume:

born in a medium-sized suburban town (full of white people, by the way) to a catholic family. technically, since my father is british, i am 1/2 british, as well as 1/4 german and 1/4 "american". i go to a no-name state school in the middle of suburbia, where i am a bio major. i'm always on the dean's list, but nobody cares because i am white. i'm an only child, my father calls me "son", i played little league baseball and i like to go fishing. when i hear rap music, my skin starts to crawl. i never thought sinbad was funny. i've always worked during high school and college, but nobody noticed, because i'm a white man who had to earn movie money to take my cheerleader-captain girlfriend to the movies (where i would often reach first base, second base when i wore cologne). i always pronounce the "g" of words ending in "-ing", and i am known to be disturbingly well-mannered. i don't even hate the po-lice.

i am "The Man".

Ok First off I am an Asian Indian premed, but I wanted to say that I disagree that white males are the majority of the applicants cuz females are also equally as many.

Having said that, the next thing I would like to say is to the poster that actually asked if this guy was being serious.

I am pretty sure he was just pointing out the ridiculousness in those posts like who's african american, or who's Indian????? etc.

Last but not least, I want to applaud all the posts above mine for their intelligent wit and funny sense of humor showing the ridiculousness of such posts. You had me laughing out loud!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :laugh:

Come on, most rap music is marketed to suburban white kids!

See we are part of a sea of construction paper and all the white pieces need to band together to make a giant white sheet. We will look so pure and whole.

there is no such thing as pure and whole. at first i thought that this post was funny but the above reply is just flat out ridiculous. do you really want a sea of "white construction paper". dont get me wrong i love white people, especially yall women, but lets not get carried away. yes there is plenty of "are there any ----- out there?". but none go as far as to claim a purity in a group. i got a good one for you shades, how about "is ther any WASP/Klan/aryan male premeds out there thread" for you.

Shades McCool said:
See we are part of a sea of construction paper and all the white pieces need to band together to make a giant white sheet. We will look so pure and whole.

I feel so dirty for having laughed at that. I wonder how many hail marys i will have to say. I guess it depends upon if my priest is white or not when i go to confessional.

People need to lighten up. You are taking something way out of context. The color white is normally associated with purity, as in wedding dresses. Does she deserve to be wearing white? Who knows?

We are all pre-meds and we can all help each other. There is no reason to separate out different groups of people out of the rest of us. What is the point?

i can't wait to be in med school with 'u guys' next year.
it'll be so much fun. :D

I can't wait to be around some new people also. My buddies and I are looking forward to it!

Shades McCool said:
People need to lighten up. You are taking something way out of context. The color white is normally associated with purity, as in wedding dresses. Does she deserve to be wearing white? Who knows?

We are all pre-meds and we can all help each other. There is no reason to separate out different groups of people out of the rest of us. What is the point?

Isn't it funny if this were where are all the black premeds or where are all the indian premeds, people wouldn't be saying anything, but because you post about white premeds, people start getting on the defense???

I think you are right and people need to liven up.

Hey, im only white in body, not in spirit.

That's exactly what i was thinking..

and i'm a white male also

no one is getting pi$$ed here. we are all smart enough to know its simply a joke and this is not worth getting upset about. normally i would not say a thing but many a times a minority rallying thread has been created on this site and non-URMs flock by the hundreds to post their rude remarks. last feb. 1 when i logged on to see my fellow texans response to match day, i was confronted with several post bashing minorities. a bunch of people upset about not getting in and looking to blame someone. one reply went as far as to say that s/he would be skeptical of every URM in their med school class. another made the dumb remark of hoping his med school class would have many minorities in his class so that the curve would be high. if indian, asians, and blacks can start their own threads then so should whites. its only fair. the saying goes that the wise man thinks before he speaks and that the fool speaks and thinks. the fact that many of you have to go back and explain that your words were taken out of context speaks volumes of you not thinking about what you were saying before you posted. thats just my .02 cents. for whatever its worth. its your thread so post what you please.

bluedevilchica said:
people are afraid we're going to take over the world or something cause we're oh so evil :smuggrin:

LOL, probably because we've done it how many times in the past?

I need to use SPF 45 just to drive in my Volkswagon Beetle to the local Coconuts so that I can pick up the latest Dave Matthews album.

I considered presenting myself to the AdComs as a black, one-armed, lesbian with who overcame an eating disorder.

But since I'm a boring white guy, I'll have to resort to hoping the dart hits my application.

PS - if you happen to be a black, one-armed, lesbian who overcame an eating disorder...I meant no disrespect.

!dr_nick! said:
LOL, probably because we've done it how many times in the past?

Exactly, do a search. This joke is OLD. You guys should get some new ideas. :rolleyes:

anyways, the original idea for the white premed thread was to have a little fun and joke around...some people just don't understand that i guess.

i understand it perfectly. as far as im concerned you should have your own thread. but he whole purity thing is what bothers some. the hypocrisy is what bothers many. when others post its a crime because they are pro-AA. to each his own. i would not want to go to med school that didn't have any whites. the system while being equal, is not fair. thats fine i can accept that, life isnt fair. but what really gets to me is people who either believe there are no disparities or who know there is but dont care.

Ok who's down for some time at the summer cottage?

you have a summer home?! wow! neat-o!

it sucks being white and absolutely average in every demographic category known to man. where's my country club membership? where's my trust fund that my grandparents started when i was two? damn; i'm white, but i didn't get any of the 'perks'--wtf??? :laugh:

oh well, now where's my banjo.....

superdevil said:
you have a summer home?! wow! neat-o!

it sucks being white and absolutely average in every demographic category known to man. where's my country club membership? where's my trust fund that my grandparents started when i was two? damn; i'm white, but i didn't get any of the 'perks'--wtf??? :laugh:

oh well, now where's my banjo.....

Yeah, I'm white and was on food stamps as a kid. Yet somehow I miss out on the love. What's up with that?

rtmcad2319 said:

Nah, Im content with my solid gold house. And my rocket car.

I would present some questions to the group but this place would go up in flames.