[Announcement] Physicians of Tomorrow Scholarship (for Pre-Meds)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildWing

SDN Staff
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Educapital Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, awards $10,000 scholarships to pre-medical students. Learn more here:

EDIT: Students who have applied for this scholarship have identified concerns (see below). Leaving the thread up to raise awareness.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
The Educapital Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, awards $10,000 scholarships to pre-medical students. Learn more here:

Is this legit? I applied to it & received it but seems fishy

I did a little research on it before I posted it, though not extensive vetting. It is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit that appears to have real people behind it. The AAMC lists it on their website as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Recently accepted students aren't considered pre-med right?

For what it's worth I "applied", was "rewarded" the money only to be told that your school had to be "in network" yet they do not advertise the schools that are "in network"

• Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I did a little research on it before I posted it, though not extensive vetting. It is an IRS-approved 501(c)(3) nonprofit that appears to have real people behind it. The AAMC lists it on their website as well.
I was awarded as well. @AJS59 Did you get 1k too? They advertise it as being 10k but I only got 1k. And it seems like they have an automated message that many people have received on other forums which also refers to this 1k reward.

They perpetually tell you that you're at the top of the "waiting list." For what it's worth, it probably is best to notify the AAMC themselves of all this. I think they also believe it all because of the 501(c)3 status. Seems like this nonprofit somehow gained the status but the posts on forums speak for themselves: I Got a Bhad Scholarship & It's a SCAM (credit to pablo213)

Reactions: 1 user
I was awarded as well. @AJS59 Did you get 1k too? They advertise it as being 10k but I only got 1k. And it seems like they have an automated message that many people have received on other forums which also refers to this 1k reward.

They perpetually tell you that you're at the top of the "waiting list." For what it's worth, it probably is best to notify the AAMC themselves of all this. I think they also believe it all because of the 501(c)3 status. Seems like this nonprofit somehow gained the status but the posts on forums speak for themselves: I Got a Bhad Scholarship & It's a SCAM (credit to pablo213)
Yep. Fully convinced it's a scam. Between lying about the amount, the very suspicious form (didn't even ask for a GPA or proof that I was attending/graduated college!), lack of any essays to meaningfully differentiate applicants, and this whole "school in network thing" it absolutely reads and smells like a scam.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep. Fully convinced it's a scam. Between lying about the amount, the very suspicious form (didn't even ask for a GPA or proof that I was attending/graduated college!), lack of any essays to meaningfully differentiate applicants, and this whole "school in network thing" it absolutely reads and smells like a scam.
The doom of Educapital draws closer
Burn Him Stephen King GIF by Arrow Video