*** Official TUCOM-NV Class of 2009***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where are all of you at?!? Let's get to know eachother and get this year's family together. :D

Members don't see this ad.

OnMyWayThere said:
Where are all of you at?!? Let's get to know eachother and get this year's family together. :D
Wow, you beat me to it by literally 2 seconds! :D

Anyway, I have been waiting for a couple of months to start meeting my classmates, so let yourselves be heard!

cardiotonic
TUCOM-NV Class of 2009!!!

WOOO HOOO! Congrats to you all! :clap:

Cardio, didn't you come to school and stay with an 08'er? Was that you in OMM lab on a Wed.? How did you like your stay...you stayed with a female right?

Members don't see this ad :)
box29 said:
WOOO HOOO! Congrats to you all! :clap:

Cardio, didn't you come to school and stay with an 08'er? Was that you in OMM lab on a Wed.? How did you like your stay...you stayed with a female right?

box29, yah that was me. :cool: When I said that I have been waiting to meet my classmates, I meant my 2009 classmates (I've already met some 08'ers!).

I thought OMM lab was very interesting. I can't wait to start learning some of it myself. It was really up close and personal. :eek:

Yes, I stayed with a female. And as far as how much I enjoyed my stay...I guess it's just more fun letting you guys speculate. :D No, seriously, everything I came out there to check out exceeded my expectations!!!!!

Oh, btw, if you are who I think you are,...um....I think I heard about you while I was out there. :laugh: (I know kinda vague ;) ) Can't wait to meet you in person. :D

Also, if you have time, could you or Brian, or anyone else get a good picture or two of all your classmates with your names included. I know this is a lot to ask, so I can understand if you don't get around to it, but if you did, I would really appreciate it!

So Cardiotonic... looks like I am learning about why you are so interested in attending TUCOM :laugh:

The current students were really great at my interview, as they are now with their support. The faculty that I met were all really welcoming and I heard great things about them from students. Roger was also really awesome. I just can't wait to be a part of it and help out future applicants like they've helped us.

What do you plan on doing for housing? I saw some nice houses at the corner when you pull up to the first light when leaving the school. You can walk to school if there is anything left to get there.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you and our fellow classmates. I have talked to a couple so far and everybody seems great so far. TUCOM's selection process is really good far! :p

P.S. Current students: are classes blocks too? I mean, some schools get like 4 classes but they are intense and finish that block in a month and start a new block of classes. Are we like that? Also, how much free time to you find yourselves having to get away from studying (if any?). Maybe I should post on the class of 2008 but I'll wait to see if I hear back here. Thanks!

OnMyWayThere said:
So Cardiotonic... looks like I am learning about why you are so interested in attending TUCOM :laugh:

The current students were really great at my interview, as they are now with their support. The faculty that I met were all really welcoming and I heard great things about them from students. Roger was also really awesome. I just can't wait to be a part of it and help out future applicants like they've helped us.

What do you plan on doing for housing? I saw some nice houses at the corner when you pull up to the first light when leaving the school. You can walk to school if there is anything left to get there.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you and our fellow classmates. I have talked to a couple so far and everybody seems great so far. TUCOM's selection process is really good far! :p

P.S. Current students: are classes blocks too? I mean, some schools get like 4 classes but they are intense and finish that block in a month and start a new block of classes. Are we like that? Also, how much free time to you find yourselves having to get away from studying (if any?). Maybe I should post on the class of 2008 but I'll wait to see if I hear back here. Thanks!

:laugh: So about housing...oh yah...this is another reason why I love TUCOM-NV. Keep in mind that I'm from St. Louis, where people supposedly live out of barns :laugh: , but anyway, I love the architecture in Henderson. Everything I have looked at (apts.) has been really nice. In my opinion there is not much difference between apartment complexes in quality or price. The two bedroom apts. will run you about $440/person/month, and the three bedroom apts. will run you about $350/person/month. I haven't really checked out any houses yet, but this might be a great investment if you can get your hands on something!

You've met other 09'ers (no, I'm not talking on a walkie talkie)? So where they at? :cool:

Hey 09'ers!
I can't wait to meet all of you! When are u guys coming to visit us? ;) I talked to some of you guys...and I'm sure we gonna have an awesome class next yr! :) For the housing thing, lots of the people here live in Remington Canyon apartments (rite down the street), Villa Serena (where I live.... 1 mile from school) or Timberlake Apartments... And yeah, it's also a good idea to look at houses (it's a good investment according to many of classmates).
Again, Congrats to all of ya!
Gladys
PS: Cardiotonic.... What about Box 29? Tell me! hehehe jk I remember you too! U were practicing OMM with Brian just rite next to me! :p

Alacitedesanges said:
Hey 09'ers!
I can't wait to meet all of you! When are u guys coming to visit us? ;) I talked to some of you guys...and I'm sure we gonna have an awesome class next yr! :) For the housing thing, lots of the people here live in Remington Canyon apartments (rite down the street), Villa Serena (where I live.... 1 mile from school) or Timberlake Apartments... And yeah, it's also a good idea to look at houses (it's a good investment according to many of classmates).
Again, Congrats to all of ya!
Gladys
PS: Cardiotonic.... What about Box 29? Tell me! hehehe jk I remember you too! U were practicing OMM with Brian just rite next to me! :p
Hey Gladys!
Thanks! I'm pretty sure I remember you too, but I need some pictures to make sure! I just got back from visiting, but believe me, I'd love to be out there right now! Isn't block 2 coming up? If it is, Good luck! :D :p :luck:

cardiotonic said:
Hey Gladys!
Thanks! I'm pretty sure I remember you too, but I need some pictures to make sure! I just got back from visiting, but believe me, I'd love to be out there right now! Isn't block 2 coming up? If it is, Good luck! :D :p :luck:

Yeah u are rite... we do have our 2nd block coming really soon! :( First week of november... So we'll be pretty busy the next 2 weeks... I'll see if Brian can post some pictures with our names on (i'm not really good at it...the last time I tried to put pictures online, my classmates didn't quite like it.... the whole site was somehow in french... hehehe :p )
Keep in touch!
Gladys

Hi guys,
well...im also class of 2009! Yay vegas!

as far as housing is concerned, my parents are probably going to buy a house out there for me. it'll probably be a 3 bedroom, so i will need roommates...anyone looking for housing? haha j/k.

hmm...i know Onmywaythere is from so cal (like me!) but where is everyone else from? oh, cardiotonic: st. louis. got it!

hmmm...ok...i guess back to boring work for me +pity+

1hotaartichoke said:
Hi guys,
well...im also class of 2009! Yay vegas!

as far as housing is concerned, my parents are probably going to buy a house out there for me. it'll probably be a 3 bedroom, so i will need roommates...anyone looking for housing? haha j/k.

hmm...i know Onmywaythere is from so cal (like me!) but where is everyone else from? oh, cardiotonic: st. louis. got it!

hmmm...ok...i guess back to boring work for me +pity+

Woohoo!!! :thumbup: Congrats 1hotaartichoke!! :)

Good luck to our future upperclassmen on their blocks this week!!!

OnMyWayThere said:
Good luck to our future upperclassmen on their blocks this week!!!
Thanks!!! I will need all the luck I can have! ;)
Gladys

Members don't see this ad :)
hopefuldoc08 said:
Thanks!!! I will need all the luck I can have! ;)
Gladys

Oops I posted under my classmate's sn... :rolleyes:
Oh well.... she is saying thank you as well! hehe
Gladys (or alacitedesanges)

I hope they survived that block. I can't imagine facing 10 exams in 1 week but that's what what's coming next Fall :eek:

now i can officially add my name to this thread :D

let's keep this thread going

Congratulations A & O!!! Welcome to TUCOM-NV!!!

Is anyone going to be in Vegas the first Fri. and Sat. and Sun. of Dec.? My friend got a hold of roundtrip airfare+hotel+meal and drink tickets for $140 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: but I am still undecided.

Glad you got in A&O... Congrats and welcome! :thumbup:

Congrats A & O....
another classmate to add to the list!

So far i think we have:

Cardiotonic
OnMyWayThere
1hotaartichoke (that's me!)
Alpha&Omega

did i leave anyone out?

cardiotonic said:
Congratulations A & O!!! Welcome to TUCOM-NV!!!

Is anyone going to be in Vegas the first Fri. and Sat. and Sun. of Dec.? My friend got a hold of roundtrip airfare+hotel+meal and drink tickets for $140 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: but I am still undecided.

thanks for welcoming me, cardio :D

that is a great deal

i wish i could go and join you but unfortunately can't

have a blast up there, and don't forget to visit the school and say hello to the ms1's if you get a chance

OnMyWayThere said:
Glad you got in A&O... Congrats and welcome! :thumbup:
hey, omwt

thanks for all your pm's

1hotaartichoke said:
Congrats A & O....
another classmate to add to the list!

So far i think we have:

Cardiotonic
OnMyWayThere
1hotaartichoke (that's me!)
Alpha&Omega

did i leave anyone out?
thanks 1hot :D

yeah, i guess the magic number stands at 4 right now

where are you exactly from?

both omwt and i are from so. cal also

i live in chino hills (next to diamond bar)

what city do you live in?

Alpha&Omega said:
thanks 1hot :D

yeah, i guess the magic number stands at 4 right now

where are you exactly from?

both omwt and i are from so. cal also

i live in chino hills (next to diamond bar)

what city do you live in?

A&O you've got PM....

OnMyWayThere....
get off of craigslist and come back to SDN....all of the Touro NV threads are getting lonely!!! :D

1hotaartichoke said:
OnMyWayThere....
get off of craigslist and come back to SDN....all of the Touro NV threads are getting lonely!!! :D
:D It's really a good website. I am back and staying here. No, I've been doing some crazy research paper for my Psych elective course ( and I thought Psych would be an easy major :rolleyes: ) and preparing for finals... my last semester as an undergraduate and it's depressing... because I know what awaits me on the other side (MS!!) and I loved my school :( . Anyway, time to let this tequila wear off so I can study some more tomorrow and chat here on SDN during my breaks.

Hey Cardio, sounds like a great deal indeed but unfortunately that's the weekend before finals. Have fun and get vacation "vegas" out of your system as much as possible because soon that's our home :eek: !!

Wow that's a lot of smileys for one post

Congratulations to all of you ... we, the class of 2008, eagerly await your joining us here in las Vegas...

it is exciteing for us to hopefully help you all transition in to medical school...we only wish that we would have had 2nd years to bounce questions off of...

along those lines...if any of you need anything please email us or call us, we know what you are going thorugh and where you're going...if we can, let us help.

email works best for me due to my infrequent visiting of the SDN...

Nate
President
SGA
Touro Nevada

[email protected]
847-924-1982

Ubiquitous7 said:
Congratulations to all of you ... we, the class of 2008, eagerly await your joining us here in las Vegas...

it is exciteing for us to hopefully help you all transition in to medical school...we only wish that we would have had 2nd years to bounce questions off of...

along those lines...if any of you need anything please email us or call us, we know what you are going thorugh and where you're going...if we can, let us help.

email works best for me due to my infrequent visiting of the SDN...

Nate
President
SGA
Touro Nevada

[email protected]
847-924-1982

Thank you Nate. That is very comforting :) :thumbup:

So all the SDN 09ers so far are from SoCal huh? Wow, I feel like an outsider. :p Anyway, if I were you, I would want to go out together and celebrate!

cardiotonic said:
So all the SDN 09ers so far are from SoCal huh? Wow, I feel like an outsider. :p Anyway, if I were you, I would want to go out together and celebrate!
man, don't feel leftout or anything like that

we'll treat you nice

we californians are known for our hospitality :D

yes, we are in the middle of trying to get all three of us together

of course, you're also invited to come :D

Alpha&Omega said:

yeah cardio...take a trip out to sunny so cal! its beautiful here! :thumbup:

Alpha&Omega said:
man, don't feel leftout or anything like that

we'll treat you nice

we californians are known for our hospitality :D

I have to save money so I doubt I will be able to, but I'm sure it will be fun!

How far apart do you guys live from each other?

1hotaartichoke said:
yeah cardio...take a trip out to sunny so cal! its beautiful here! :thumbup:
I'm sure it is!!! :horns: (I thought that might be a good smilie to use :D ) Anywhere out west is beautiful IMO.

cardiotonic said:
I have to save money so I doubt I will be able to, but I'm sure it will be fun!

How far apart do you guys live from each other?

OnMyWayThere and I live 15 minutes away from each other, and A&O is about 1.25 hrs away from us. not bad at all. we'll meet up when OMWT is done with his finals.... :thumbup:

1hotaartichoke said:
OnMyWayThere and I live 15 minutes away from each other, and A&O is about 1.25 hrs away from us. not bad at all. we'll meet up when OMWT is done with his finals.... :thumbup:
:D Let's definately meet up... Cardio, we will have a drink on your behalf and maybe I'll meet you in Vegas sometime. I'm gonna be there the 2nd week of January and many more times before school starts because I am off next semester. Wow, kinda scary thinking that in about 8 months, we will be starting first year :eek: I'm glad we're a good group so far :thumbup:

Hey everyone, Congrats on getting accepted to medical school. I'm just curious...did the school in Nevada open this year? I haven't had time to catch up with current stuff...I know there should be a new school in atlanta and florida?

OnMyWayThere said:
:D Let's definately meet up... Cardio, we will have a drink on your behalf :thumbup:
Make it a Jager Bomb or Jack and Coke...I'll let you decide.
OnMyWayThere said:
and maybe I'll meet you in Vegas sometime. I'm gonna be there the 2nd week of January and many more times before school starts because I am off next semester. Wow, kinda scary thinking that in about 8 months, we will be starting first year :eek: I'm glad we're a good group so far
Sounds fun....can you pass some of that money my way. :D :rolleyes: I just found out that I won't be in Vegas in early December, but instead I will be saving my money for a trip out there in Feb. or sometime in Spring. It would be cool if we could coordinate trips. :cool: :thumbup:

Wo1verine7DO said:
Hey everyone, Congrats on getting accepted to medical school. I'm just curious...did the school in Nevada open this year? I haven't had time to catch up with current stuff...I know there should be a new school in atlanta and florida?
TUCOM-NV opened last year and their inaugral class is currently in their first year. Our class, 2009, will be the second year. The same holds true for LECOM-Bradenton and PCOM-Atlanta.

Wo1verine7DO said:
Thank you. How do you like it. Yes, this is TUCOM-NV's first year (C/O 08).

You got it Cardio... both drinks sound good :idea: You know, I bet there are other future classmates that are just "lurkers" on SDN and don't post... and if you are reading this, let yourselves be known :D

OnMyWayThere said:
You got it Cardio... both drinks sound good :idea: You know, I bet there are other future classmates that are just "lurkers" on SDN and don't post... and if you are reading this, let yourselves be known :D
You heard the man!

cardio...
i can do a jack and coke for you....
sorry i'm just not a big fan on jager.... ;)

hey if you and OMWT really go and coordinate trips, i might be able to come too...just tell me the details when yuo know them...
hahha, now we need to get A&O there too. :thumbup:

1hotaartichoke said:
cardio...

hey if you and OMWT really go and coordinate trips, i might be able to come too...just tell me the details when yuo know them...
That's great that 1hotaartichoke might join! Anyway, if any good trip ideas come along I'm in, as long as they're not in cold places :cool: A & O, you still planning on going on those "other" interviews?

1hotaartichoke said:
cardio...

Sounds good! Come to think about it, we should have a Class of 2009 trip out to Vegas sometime in the Spring! Got to go back to work. :thumbdown:

cardiotonic said:
Sounds good! Come to think about it, we should have a Class of 2009 trip out to Vegas sometime in the Spring! Got to go back to work. :thumbdown:

I'm sure you would want some 2009 bonding time when you come out for a vacation this spring,but when that's done let us, the class of 2008, know...we'd love to meet you all and hang out...it would be great to begin getting to know you all.

Nate

Ubiquitous7 said:
I'm sure you would want some 2009 bonding time when you come out for a vacation this spring,but when that's done let us, the class of 2008, know...we'd love to meet you all and hang out...it would be great to begin getting to know you all.

Nate
I'm sure we are all anxious to start getting to know the 08ers!

OMWT,

you've got pms. (that's pm plural :D )