*** Official TUCOM-NV Class of 2009***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OnMyWayThere said:
:laugh: I have one from the 24th only.
There should be a 10-22 and a 11-24.

Members don't see this ad.

I was just going over our thread, and I still can't believe I am going to medical school. Don't get me wrong...I think I am very disserving, but still, I can't believe I am going to medical school. How many people can say that they are living their dream. Unbelievable.
:wow: :D :wow: :D :wow:

cardiotonic said:
I was just going over our thread, and I still can't believe I am going to medical school. Don't get me wrong...I think I am very disserving, but still, I can't believe I am going to medical school. How many people can say that they are living their dream. Unbelievable.
It's truly a dream come true :thumbup: I'm kinda worried but that's normal for me. That's why this is so awesome ... no money can buy the feeling of such great achievement and living a dream. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
OnMyWayThere said:
A & O, you still planning on going on those "other" interviews?

hey omwt,

sorry for the late response

it was a longgggggg thanksgiving :D

i went to the azcom interview couple weeks ago 'cause i already bought the plane tickets (i really like the school)

i "politely" canceled all my other interviews

good luck on your finals :thumbup:

OnMyWayThere said:
You know, I bet there are other future classmates that are just "lurkers" on SDN and don't post... and if you are reading this, let yourselves be known :D

i think you are definitely right

i was also a long time reader before i started posting :D

cardiotonic said:

i TOTALLY understand what you mean

i hope i can still remember and hold onto this feeling come next fall when exams start rolling in :D

Alpha&Omega said:
hey omwt,

sorry for the late response

it was a longgggggg thanksgiving :D

i went to the azcom interview couple weeks ago 'cause i already bought the plane tickets (i really like the school)

i "politely" canceled all my other interviews

good luck on your finals :thumbup:

That was a big turkey you guys had! Well I'm in the library doing everything but studying for finals. I'd rather do other things than study, especially with the acceptance in hand :D I better get to work starting tomorrow though because it's the last week of undergrad :wow: and I'd like to finish on a positive note. Well, glad you've made it back from Thanksgiving :)

Hey class of 09 (who are currently in school) and 08 (if any of them are reading)...

:luck: GOOD LUCK ON FINALS!! :luck:

:D

Thanks 1hotaartichoke! Next time, we'll all be studying together for our block at TU. We will build a good support system and get through it easily (I hope!) :D Good luck to the '08ers and our classmates that have finals :thumbup:

hey guys, my name is pravin and im from the c/o 2008, if you guys have any questions or anything my AIM SN is PerveeZy83.. if you wanna meet your other classmates maybe they can post their screen names as well

Hey guys!

Mr. Corbman just sent me an e-mail saying I was accepted!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'll hopefully be joining you this coming year!

Good luck guys,
DrIsh

DrIsh said:
Hey guys!

Mr. Corbman just sent me an e-mail saying I was accepted!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'll hopefully be joining you this coming year!

Good luck guys,
DrIsh
Congratulations! :thumbup:

DrIsh said:
Hey guys!

Good luck guys,
DrIsh

Congratulations...and welcome to the beginning of a legacy...a great legacy...

Nate
President
SGA
Touro-NV

p.s. (to all) my AIM screen name is CandianNate...(thanks pravin)

Members don't see this ad :)
DrIsh said:
Hey guys!

Good luck guys,
DrIsh
Congratulations DrIsh!

DrIsh said:
Hey guys!

Good luck guys,
DrIsh

Congrats!!! :thumbup:

DrIsh said:
Hey guys!

Good luck guys,
DrIsh

Congrats I look forward to seeing you?

Hello fellow Touro-nv class mates!
I am going to Touro-NV in next year and wanted to ask some questions.
1. Are anyone buying or renting a home?
Is it a good idea to buy?
2. what will the 3rd and 4th years be like? I know there is have the first year class
but will most of the rotation go on outside of Henderson?
3. any tips for how to pay for medical school?
4. any things that anyone could tell me tabout going to
medical school and the lifestyle there would be great.

DrIsh said:
Hey guys!

Good luck guys,
DrIsh

congrats :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

btw, i initially took the liberty to rate this thread 5 stars

somehow having that many stars next to this thread makes it stick out more :D

I am officially no longer an undergrad :eek: All finals done, finished off strong, time to move on! Thanks for the good luck wishes 1hotaartichoke, I think they may have worked :thumbup:

Well, now it's time to go gulp gulp gulp... because I'm done and as the Jeffersons said, "... movin on up" :D

OnMyWayThere said:
I am officially no longer an undergrad :eek: All finals done, finished off strong, time to move on! Thanks for the good luck wishes 1hotaartichoke, I think they may have worked :thumbup:

Well, now it's time to go gulp gulp gulp... because I'm done and as the Jeffersons said, "... movin on up" :D
:laugh: cheers to that! :D

OnMyWayThere said:
Let's arrange a trip, I think 1hotaartichoke is up for it too.

Of course I am! like i said, just tell me when.... :hardy:

1hotaartichoke said:
Of course I am! like i said, just tell me when.... :hardy:
OK. Sounds good to me. It would be a good idea for us to plan this trip soon so we can get a good deal for a Spring trip. I just wish that we had more people in on it than just the three of us....which brings up a good question...does anyone know how many students have been officially accepted so far? We should find out and try to recruit as many people as possible. Also, how long are you two planning on staying in Vegas? Can't wait to finally meet you! :cool:

TUCOM-NV Class of 2009!!!

I don't think Mr. Corbman would have an issue with giving us an email list so that we can invite others. Anyway, about planning anything, I really suck. So please don't count on me to plan out the trip. But let me know if you want me to contact Roger. If he's not up for it, the three of us will be just fine. Maybe some of those people that just watch our thread will join us too.

TU-NV has their final block next week, good luck to them :luck:

ok guys, if this trip to vegas is definitley going to go down, lets at least try to set a tentative date. i'll pm you both with times that i definitley cannot do it.

I am in! YAY!!!!

I am already living in Henderson. So let me know what you all are up to. PM me and let's get to know each other!

TranquilityLove said:
I am in! YAY!!!!

I am already living in Henderson. So let me know what you all are up to. PM me and let's get to know each other!

congrats! we will definitley let you let you know when OMWT, cardio and i make the trip oiut there.

Hello all Touro NV OMS(-1/2)s!!!!!

Count me in on a trip too!

Just got a phone call from Roger... all I need now is the official piece of paper.

:thumbup:

Woooooooohooooooooooo!

:hungover:

I just got the call from Roger too, very, very excited...let me know about the trip too please!

Done, and done. I'm in, and accepting.
Alright, send me an IM on AIM to nima829 or call me (949-637-0273).

I'm going to be in Vegas with some friends next Saturday (that is the 18th for those of you who don't have a calendar handy). Let me know if you're in, I'll give you details.

I'm from Newport, living in LA now, so if anybody wants to get together I'm down. This is gonna be great.

keep on keepin' on,
Nima Alipour

Congrats everyone! Where is everybody else from? Hey Stretch, you PM'd me about TUNV a while ago, congrats bud. Time for you all to go and celebrate!! :thumbup:

P.S. how did you guys get off the waitlist so quickly? Usually those things start moving around May.

OnMyWayThere said:
P.S. how did you guys get off the waitlist so quickly? Usually those things start moving around May.

Good Question OMWT, I had about given up on 2005! We are just great I guess! :)

BTW I am from Santa Cruz California! UCSC grad in Neuroscience and Behavior and Phlebotomist at Dominican Hosptial CHW. I already looked at apartments in Henderson at interview... when is everyone moving?

-Ben...Jamin :D

And -Ben...celebratin

Hey everyone! Congrats on getting into our little warehouse out here in Henderson!

Don't really have too much time to answer a lot of questions right now, as we start block exams next week and we're all in hell!

The reason why people are getting picked up off the waitlist is that Roger wanted there to be a certain number of confirmed people in the class before Christmas. So, people who interviewed early and are high on the waitlist are getting an oppurtunity for admittance at this stage of the application cycle. Probably won't be too many more people taken off right now, but I'm sure there will be more in the late spring.

Again, congrats on your acceptance and we'll see you next year!

nimaalipour said:
Done, and done. I'm in, and accepting.
Alright, send me an IM on AIM to nima829 or call me.

I'm going to be in Vegas with some friends next Saturday (that is the 18th for those of you who don't have a calendar handy). Let me know if you're in, I'll give you details.

I'm from Newport, living in LA now, so if anybody wants to get together I'm down. This is gonna be great.

keep on keepin' on,
Nima Alipour

I have to work, but you better say hi at least!

I told you this was our year! yay! :clap: :clap: i will talk to you again soon I am sure. I have to work tomorrow too... 11am to 8pm (at least, i seem to be staying longer recently) but call tomorrow night or sunday i should be home all day.

ELYS: Tell everyone good luck with block exams for me. :luck: i already told ez(some long number), but you and everyone else too!

- jj

TranquilityLove said:
I have to work, but you better say hi at least!

I told you this was our year! yay! :clap: :clap: i will talk to you again soon I am sure. I have to work tomorrow too... 11am to 8pm (at least, i seem to be staying longer recently) but call tomorrow night or sunday i should be home all day.

ELYS: Tell everyone good luck with block exams for me. :luck: i already told ez(some long number), but you and everyone else too!

- jj

Thanks girl. And congrats on getting in. I know how great it feels. Now enjoy the rest of your year before the ass pounding begins in August!

;)

Congratulations everyone!!! Thanks Roger for making my day!!! I was beginning to wonder just how stringent the Admissions Committee was. Anyway, DrB, I told you to hang in there!!! Congratulations buddy!

About the trip...I emailed Roger today to get an email list to try to recruit as many people as possible, so I will let everyone know when I receive a response.

Again, welcome to the TUCOM-NV family. I can't wait to meet everyone! :D :D :D

Elysium said:
Thanks girl. the ass pounding begins in August!

;)
The ass pounding? :D :D :D

disclaimer: sorry, that was inappropriate.

cardiotonic said:
Congratulations everyone!!! Thanks Roger for making my day!!! I was beginning to wonder just how stringent the Admissions Committee was. Anyway, DrB, I told you to hang in there!!! Congratulations buddy!

About the trip...I emailed Roger today to get an email list to try to recruit as many people as possible, so I will let everyone know when I receive a response.

Again, welcome to the TUCOM-NV family. I can't wait to meet everyone! :D :D :D

Thanks... Since I already live here, let me know and i will scout out some places for everyone. try to get as much on the different apartments in the area as i can. I have the list of people accepted in my round, but i don't know how many are planning on coming, besides nima and myself...

Elysium said:
Thanks girl. And congrats on getting in. I know how great it feels. Now enjoy the rest of your year before the ass pounding begins in August!

;)

didn't ez tell you that i am crazy and enjoy the though of getting my bum kicked by school? I am a school freak... absolutely love it. (I say this now but will probably think i am going to die by the time block exams roll around :rolleyes: )

Good luck again, and I am sure I will see you around again before school starts...

:luck:

I'm from Tucson, AZ, thanks for the congrats everyone! Look forward to meeting you all.

so all my classmates are rollin out on the 18th...

This equates to Brian rocking out with the new members of the class of 2009... name the place and time and I am there...

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

ez073323 said:
so all my classmates are rollin out on the 18th...

This equates to Brian rocking out with the new members of the class of 2009... name the place and time and I am there...

Brian

BRIAN,

I'm down to go out. Coming out with some friends from newport. I definately want to hang out.
talk to me goose. By the way, why isn't the Unofficial TUCOM NV website working?

-Nima

nimaalipour said:
BRIAN,

I'm down to go out. Coming out with some friends from newport. I definately want to hang out.
talk to me goose. By the way, why isn't the Unofficial TUCOM NV website working?

-Nima

I am glad to hear that you are rolling out... just bring a bunch of your classmates, ok?

sincitymed.com was managed by one of my classmates, but that site has be dead and gone for awhile... I can help you all start a yahoo group and/or a discussion board, but it will have to wait until after exam blocks...

alright... i gots to get back to studying...

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

CONGRATS TO ALL!

I TOO was accepted! WOOHOO! Got the email with ALL WHO WERE IN ALSO! (Is that legal?...it's kinda booty cuz you see who did NOT get in too) But no phone call :(

But yea time is a tickin to decide my fate.... :eek: gotta weigh the pluses and minus

GOOD Luck to the c/o 2008 with their Block exams coming up!

jUxTaPoSiTiOn said:
CONGRATS TO ALL!

I TOO was accepted! WOOHOO! Got the email with ALL WHO WERE IN ALSO! (Is that legal?...it's kinda booty cuz you see who did NOT get in too) But no phone call :(

But yea time is a tickin to decide my fate.... :eek: gotta weigh the pluses and minus

GOOD Luck to the c/o 2008 with their Block exams coming up!

First, CONGRADULATIONS!

i have the ones who were accepted in MY cycle. not everyone who has been accepted. But Roger told us that we would get a single group email of all who were accepted in our cycle. As for those who didn't get in, I only have an idea out of who wasn't accepted from my interview day. So it does kindda suck. but it also gives us a contact start on meeting some potential classmates for next year!

let us know what you decide! hope to have you in our class!

jj

I am glad that you are all so excited at the prospect of medical school... do what you can to bottle that excitement and save it for a rainy day, and when I say rainy day I mean save it for everyday after the first day of school... you will need it... case in point, here are Elysium and I studying at 4:50am on Sunday, just 28 hours until the beginning of our exam block...

Please note:
empty bottles of Gatorade and water
mutliple bags of candy
whiteboard representation of portal venous system
open diagnostic kit
extra unread textbook and notes on the floor
look of misery on faces of students

IMG_0984.jpg

Nima was kind enough to set up a group thing on google so that we have somewhere outside of here to also get to know each other.

vegas med

you have to sign up and join, but it is free. I don't know how to find out about others who are planning to attend TUCOM-NV next year and don't post on here. But there it is for us to start with and get to know each other away from sdn

Thanks again Nima!

ez073323 said:
I am glad that you are all so excited at the prospect of medical school... do what you can to bottle that excitement and save it for a rainy day, and when I say rainy day I mean save it for everyday after the first day of school... you will need it... case in point, here are Elysium and I studying at 4:50am on Sunday, just 28 hours until the beginning of our exam block...

Please note:
empty bottles of Gatorade and water
mutliple bags of candy
whiteboard representation of portal venous system
open diagnostic kit
extra unread textbook and notes on the floor
look of misery on faces of students

IMG_0984.jpg

Brian,

Thanks for bursting our bubble! :laugh:

It was really overdue... it looks pretty taxing! Thanks for sharing and good luck!

stretch210 said:
I'm from Tucson, AZ, thanks for the congrats everyone! Look forward to meeting you all.

congrats stretch :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

i'm glad you made it through

and i look forward to meeting you AGAIN :D

man, i took a couple days off on SDN and this place is hopping and happening :D

upto just a few days ago it was just omwt, cardio, 1hot, a few c/o '08, and myself, but look at it now, wow (I LOVE IT!!) :thumbup:

congrats to all those who just got accepted and welcome to our humble thread :)

it's great that we're finally showing some numbers here

let's keep this up