Step 2 book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cristagali

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any feedback on MKSAP for medical students? Is it good for Step 2 prep?? Thanks :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

US Med students use it, the MKSAP 2 for students, notably for the Shelf examinations..... you should master USMLE World, Kaplan Qbank and Kaplan Qbook and then go to other sources, or IF YOU HAVE TIME, then start with MKSAP 2 for students.. do a google search, well Kaplan Qbank was not that entirely helpful for my test, but the other sources that I mentioned were..
good luck to you man.

Top secret! If you can rearrange the letters MKSAP into a special word and type it in the day of your Step 2, you get 10 bonus points!! JUST KIDDING!! :D MKSAP = medical knowledge self assessment profile. It's on Amazon. Its Internal med only stuff. good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
i like it. questions are tough and long...i haven't done step 2 yet, but i am using this book during a lot of my IM blocks, and it is helpful. i have noticed a significant improvement in my scores on q-bank and nms that seem to correlate well to my use of mksap. if you have time, i say use it. drawback is that it is only IM, and it is a big book with a lot of info. but, IM is the major part of step 2, right?

neilc said:
i like it. questions are tough and long...i haven't done step 2 yet, but i am using this book during a lot of my IM blocks, and it is helpful. i have noticed a significant improvement in my scores on q-bank and nms that seem to correlate well to my use of mksap. if you have time, i say use it. drawback is that it is only IM, and it is a big book with a lot of info. but, IM is the major part of step 2, right?

you cannot really say one thing or another is bigger on this examination, usually yes Medicine is the bulk of the questions asked, however my exam had far more ObGyn than medicine, like Pregnancy management, although medicine was the next biggest thing.
Good luck.

Just to add ...I also heard that there was a TON of OB-GYN stuff and /OR FEMALE IM questions crafted like a OB-Gyn question so don't blow-off OB-gyn. :cool:

I would recommend taking those NBME self assessment tests at some time during your studying, i know they are $45 each and you dont even get to see the answers,but they are very similar in length and content to the actual test. I took them in the 2 days prior to step II and many of the same topics were covered, the same drugs were used as answer choices etc.

Cristagali said:
Top secret! If you can rearrange the letters MKSAP into a special word and type it in the day of your Step 2, you get 10 bonus points!!
P-SMAK???