Residency Match Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For an inaugural class, isn't that really good?

numerous ortho, optha, ENT, a lot of g-surg .... this match list is wonderful for any class at any school, let alone the first class going through. Wow. Every match list thus far has looked amazing.

Members don't see this ad.

I just updated it with about 40 more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have the UNECOM 2008 Match list??
Thanks

Anyone have the UNECOM 2008 Match list??
Thanks

When they post it, they will post it here http://www.une.edu/com/clinical/postgrad.asp

It has been my experience that they don't post the list until after graduation (July or August). Some classses get a list (with all names removed) with the location of residents listed with each specialty about a couple months after the match. Don't know if this is still true today.

Wook

I looked at four UNECOM match lists and not one of them have a match in Derm. Is that a specialty no one from UNE wants or do they just not match in Derm because it's so competitive. I figured since AOA has some Derm residencies they'd at least have one or two.

I looked at four UNECOM match lists and not one of them have a match in Derm. Is that a specialty no one from UNE wants or do they just not match in Derm because it's so competitive. I figured since AOA has some Derm residencies they'd at least have one or two.

maybe nobody wanted Derm... personally, i don't like derm...maybe there are many people who dont...

I guess I'm just curious how competitive an AOA derm residency is. I know I might change my mind in med school, but right now, my top three are Psych, Derm, and Peds. Is there a way to find out how competitive it is besides the stand-by "very"?

I guess I'm just curious how competitive an AOA derm residency is. I know I might change my mind in med school, but right now, my top three are Psych, Derm, and Peds. Is there a way to find out how competitive it is besides the stand-by "very"?

What do you want besides "very"? You can find the average board scores and number of publications somewhere. Just like admissions to med schools, it depends on quite a lot. That is a rather erratic spread of interests.

You are looking at this 100% wrong. AOA derm residencies require an internship first and it is not a residency where you match an internship (or rotating year, I'm not sure the difference confuses me) and a residency at the same time. This means that someone wanting derm from a DO school would match first into a rotating year or internship and this is what would show on the match list. However, they will apply for a derm residency the next year. This is why it seems like no one matched derm.

You are looking at this 100% wrong. AOA derm residencies require an internship first and it is not a residency where you match an internship (or rotating year, I'm not sure the difference confuses me) and a residency at the same time. This means that someone wanting derm from a DO school would match first into a rotating year or internship and this is what would show on the match list. However, they will apply for a derm residency the next year. This is why it seems like no one matched derm.

Ohhh. Thank you for telling me that. I didn't know. So if someone does a rotating year, they then can apply to Derm, but what happens if they don't get into Derm? Do a lot of people not get in after doing the rotational year? Do they have to start, say, a Psych residency from year one? So instead of spending four years in residency (the regular duration for Psych), they'd spend five or would that first year count as a PGY 1 and they'd only do three more years in Psych?

Also, let's say they do the rotating year, but decide against an AOA residency after that. Can they apply for an allo residency after that first year and will that also count as an intern year?

I have found 2007 and 2008 match lists for MSUCOM. It is on a link for accepted students. Someone on facebook posted it. Since I am not yet accepted, I didn't want to post it here and risk a chance of angering someone at MSUCOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
One thing to remember, especially as pre-meds, is not to get hung up on match lists. On one hand it is important to see that a school is giving an education that allows students to choose a competitive specialty. Above that it really doesn't tell you much. Many students go to medical school already knowing they want to go into family practice or internal medicine. (I have actually been surprised how many.) I guess not everyone wants to work 95 hours a week cutting people open for a living.....:eek: So don't sweat it if there are a lot of people matching to programs like those. Good luck to everyone in applying!

Another thing to keep in mind is that internal medicine is the doorway to a lot of specialties, for example, cardiology. As a premed I always thought internal medicine was the specialty people choose if they can't get the specialty they wanted but it turns out that the internal medicine residency is actually pretty tough and is often not the last stop for your graduate medical education.

Several of those links don't work.

If you're looking for recently confirmed match lists for a DO school, I've posted all the ones I could find HERE.

If you have any that I haven't included, please let me know so I can update the list. :)

In your opinion, which school has the better residency matches:
Touro(CA)...Western...or AZCOM?
I've been accepted to Western and have interviews lined up for the other two schools, so I'm trying to determine which would be a better school for me given I probably want to sub-specialize in peds and stay on the west coast (preferably Oregon).
Thanks for your input!

Can anyone post the 2009 match lists for Touro CA and WVSOM?? Thanks in advance!

Here is the 2009 Match List for Penn State. See attachment below:

Attachments

• 2009 Penn State Match List.xlsx
    16 KB · Views: 511
Here is the 2009 Match List for Penn State. See attachment below:

Isn't Penn State an MD school??? This thread is for osteo match lists. There is a similar one in pre-allo for MD schools.

Isn't Penn State an MD school??? This thread is for osteo match lists. There is a similar one in pre-allo for MD schools.

LOL For second I thought I was in the wrong forum.:laugh:

even prettier ... (MD ortho, nice)

Actually, there should be an addition to that LECOM-B match list.

There are actually two going MD ortho. The one as listed, and another to UFlorida Jax. Dude is my boy.

Could anyone post a link to LECOM(Erie and Bradenton) 2009 match list here, please? I have searched the entire forum but no luck.

Thanks in advance.