TX A&M Class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eralza

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been waiting for Jess to start this thread, but since I'm essentially a useless blob at work today, I'll get it going.
Here is the link for this year's match
http://medicine.tamu.edu/studentaffairs/matchresults.htm
Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad.

SFAJess said:
Yay for us!!!! Thanks for starting it! :thumbup:

Congrats SFAJess....I bet your man is really happy too!!

I'll never forget you for hooking me up with gmail.....cya around....

-tx

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!

Now, Come Celebrate Your Acceptance And Meet Your New Classmates!!
We Are Meeting At Trudy's On 30th Street In Austin At 9pm Tonight

Wish I could join y'all, but I'm tired of flying and will probably just grab a beer and brat at a local pub. :D

SFAJess said:
Yay for us!!!! Thanks for starting it! :thumbup:

I don't even know you in person but I'm really happy you got into your first choice!

Count me in eralza and SFAJess!! We're the only 3 TAMU people around here. Where is everyone?! Congrats to all. I'm glad the wait is over. What a welcome relief we all encountered this morning. Look forward to meeting everyone! :D :D

Hey longhorndoc!!! Congrats and I look forward to meeting you!!! :D

Welcome in longhorndoc and congratulations! This has been the mental equivalent of running a marathon!

Yippee :D I received my letter today. Is anyone planning on going to the "Rounding the Wards" luncheon in Temple? I wasn't planning on it initially, but I think it might be quite nice you know?? A good way to get my foot in the door and meet some future classmates and current students. What's everyone up to? I have sooo much energy today!

I just finished filling out the FAFSA form. Man, that was no bueno :p

I am also accepted to Texas A&M 2009 class, and thought I should say hi. It will definitely be fun to meet all of you! Does anyone know if A&M has a second look day? I want to learn more about the school and what we'll be in for the next four years!

longhorndoc said:
Yippee :D I received my letter today. Is anyone planning on going to the "Rounding the Wards" luncheon in Temple? I wasn't planning on it initially, but I think it might be quite nice you know?? A good way to get my foot in the door and meet some future classmates and current students. What's everyone up to? I have sooo much energy today!

I just finished filling out the FAFSA form. Man, that was no bueno :p

I guess the official acceptance will explain more when I get it. What day is the luncheon?

longhorndoc said:
Count me in eralza and SFAJess!! We're the only 3 TAMU people around here. Where is everyone?! Congrats to all. I'm glad the wait is over. What a welcome relief we all encountered this morning. Look forward to meeting everyone! :D :D

Make that 5!!! I just want to drop by to say congrats and looking forward to meet you guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, congrats on getting into Texas A&M! I already know SFAJess and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone else.

So, now there's six of us. Only 74 more to meet. :)

Congrats japtap and redrocks!!! :D :thumbup:

We finally made it!!! I haven't gotten anything in the mail, but the mail man hasn't made it around to my neck of the woods just yet.

I can't wait until we find out about the white coat ceremony!!!!

So what undergrad instutitions are y'all from? If you couldn't tell by the name, I'm from Stephen F. Austin.

drbevo said:
Hey guys, congrats on getting into Texas A&M! I already know SFAJess and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone else.

Congrats DrBevo!!! It's cool that we ended up at the same place! :thumbup:

drbevo said:

congrats dr. bevo :luck:

Not sure if you remember me, but I met you in at the Tech interview, saw you at the airport working on your apple powerbook, and we sat next to each other on the plane lol....

cya around,

-tx

txguy said:
congrats dr. bevo :luck:

Not sure if you remember me, but I met you in at the Tech interview, saw you at the airport working on your apple powerbook, and we sat next to each other on the plane lol....

cya around,

-tx

Haha.. of course I remember you. And not only did you remember me, but you remember what computer I was on. Weren't you using a Dell and didn't you have an iPod??? Alright.. enough being nerds. Congrats on your acceptance to UTHSCSA. Hopefully we'll run into eachother again some time.

SFAJess said:
So what undergrad instutitions are y'all from? If you couldn't tell by the name, I'm from Stephen F. Austin.

I'm from UT-Austin. I graduated last May. It's going to be so much fun meeting all of you guys and gals! can't wait

I graduated from Brigham Young back in April. Make sure to join the yahoo group when you get the chance, hopefully more of the class will be involved there for discussion since there are only a few of us on SDN.

redrocks said:
I graduated from Brigham Young back in April. Make sure to join the yahoo group when you get the chance, hopefully more of the class will be involved there for discussion since there are only a few of us on SDN.

Congrats on your acceptance to A&M!

I noticed there are five or six people in the class from BYU. Do you guys all know eachother?

Where do I join the yahoogroup?

drbevo said:
Congrats on your acceptance to A&M!

I noticed there are five or six people in the class from BYU. Do you guys all know eachother?

Where do I join the yahoogroup?

I graduated last year, so I don't know any of them, but I'm going to email them to congratulate them. Five from BYU is a huge group; I wonder how many are Texas residents (I am not, though I am living in Houston now).

I'll PM you about the group. :D

I was totally amazed by the huge number from BYU! As a graduate from the "less stately" Weber State, it was a huge shock to see so many folks from Utah. After being away for more than a decade, it will a bit like a reunion for me.

redrocks said:
I would like to know some info about the Yahoo group. I tried to do a search, but I couldn't come up with anything. Thanks!! :)

eralza said:
I was totally amazed by the huge number from BYU! As a graduate from the "less stately" Weber State, it was a huge shock to see so many folks from Utah. After being away for more than a decade, it will a bit like a reunion for me.
I was really suprised too. It might be fun to have our little reunion in the middle of a huge Texas one. Everything is bigger here you know!

:) Thanks for the pm, redrocks! I'm signed up for the yahoo group....thanks!!

SFAJess said:
:) Thanks for the pm, redrocks! I'm signed up for the yahoo group....thanks!!
No problem! See ya on the 25th!

Hello fellow class members. Did all of you get your acceptance letters? I am still waiting for it. Also, can any of you provide the link for Yahoo group. Thanks.

Dr.Quiet said:
Hello fellow class members. Did all of you get your acceptance letters? I am still waiting for it. Also, can any of you provide the link for Yahoo group. Thanks.
Letters went out on Monday, so figure delivery on that. I reckon mine will get to Germany in another week (or so).

Dr.Quiet said:

Check your PM.

:thumbup: gig'em

err.. i mean hook'em

drbevo said:
Check your PM.

err.. i mean hook'em
No, no! You had it right the first time with gig'em :thumbup:
Bounce me the link to the yahoo group as will if you wouldn't mind.

err.. i mean hook'em[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i know what you mean. It makes me throw up in my mouth. j/k that's gross. Hook 'em baby! :horns:

Forgot to tell everyone. I'm signed up on the yahoo forums and I left a message. My id name isn't my sdn name though. Everyone go sign up when you get your letters!

SFAJess said:

I graduated from U of H last May and live near the medical center. Anybody from Houston?

redrocks said:
No problem! See ya on the 25th!
Just noticed your avatar is my home town. Curious if we know each other?

EvoDevo said:
*Sniff* What could have been........
I wish I could have met you Evo. :( You'll be great in SA! I just know it!

For all you UT people: I've always loved UT Football and supported them by going to some of the games and wearing orange. I was so excited about going to A&M, my friend and I (Autumn) went out and bought A&M shirts to wear to school on Feb. 1. (I know we are big dorks, so please don't remind me. :laugh: ) Anyway, it was weird even though I'm not a UT student.... I can only imagine how y'all feel.

We figured the shirt thing would let everyone know where we got in. Since we are at a small school, practically everybody in the sciences knows each other and only 3 people were waiting for acceptances on Feb. 1st....as you can imagine they were anxious to see what the outcome was and our shirts said it all. I'm just glad I didn't have to go to school the next day to say I didn't match.

patzan said:
Funny, I've noticed from a few of your other posts we had some things in common. It's possible we do know each other. I went to Snow Canyon HS and graduated in 1997. That should give you some idea.

Does anyone know if we can buy football season tickets? I went to a Thanksgiving game at Kyle field when UT played a few years ago, and it was really cool. :horns:

I wonder if we'll have time to even go to the games. :confused:

drbevo said:
Does anyone know if we can buy football season tickets? I went to a Thanksgiving game at Kyle field when UT played a few years ago, and it was really cool. :horns:

I wonder if we'll have time to even go to the games. :confused:
I think the second question should be answered before the first. ;) I don't see why we shouldn't be able to get tickets. It would be nice to go to a game to procrastinate some anatomy studying.

patzan said:
Is the avatar St. George? My parents are living in Dammeron Valley.

eralza said:
Is the avatar St. George? My parents are living in Dammeron Valley.
Yeah, I'm from St. George, and this is a picture looking across Santa Clara. My parents are in Bloomington, so I guess I'm quite a ways from home (I'm in Houston), but you are a lot farther! I'm glad I don't have to wait too long before getting back to school. I know a bunch of students and I want to start rotations now! I guess I'll just have to wait a couple of years for that.

4th page???!!! Well we just can't have any of that. How is everyone doing tonight? I'm pretty bored for a Friday night. I'm running a local 5K in the morning so I guess it's good there's nothing going on tonight. Have a super weekend! :)

redrocks said:
Yeah, I'm from St. George, and this is a picture looking across Santa Clara. My parents are in Bloomington, so I guess I'm quite a ways from home (I'm in Houston), but you are a lot farther! I'm glad I don't have to wait too long before getting back to school. I know a bunch of students and I want to start rotations now! I guess I'll just have to wait a couple of years for that.

I am not quite so far, but still a good 1483.9 miles away. We need to start a "Hey, anyone from St. George?" thread.

Morning everyone! How was the weekend?
I'm looking out my office window at a skiff of new snow and blue skies. The military folks get a half day off to recover from the Super Bowl (shown here at 2:00 am).
What is the word on the acceptance packets? Anyone receive them yet?

Congrats everyone on their acceptance! :D Are ya'll going to go to the ROUND THE WARDS Luncheon?

LetMeIn2004 said:
Congrats everyone on their acceptance! :D Are ya'll going to go to the ROUND THE WARDS Luncheon?
Yes and I can't wait!! Have y'all received the email from Rachel Lacy requesting what area of medicine you are interested in? I replied that I would like to see Internal Medicine!! This is so exciting!!

Did y'all also see the summer trip to the river in New Braunsfuls? :D I know it's in July, but do y'all plan on going?

SFAJess said:
Yes and I can't wait!! Have y'all received the email from Rachel Lacy requesting what area of medicine you are interested in? I replied that I would like to see Internal Medicine!! This is so exciting!!

Did y'all also see the summer trip to the river in New Braunsfuls? :D I know it's in July, but do y'all plan on going?

Alright-back on the front page. I thought this thread was dead! I'm totally going to RTW. I'm really looking forward to it and SOOO excited to meet some of ya'll. Yes, I just got the email about choosing an area of interest. I'm interested in everything!! Not sure what I'll put yet...Oh- and I did see the file about the river trip from last summer. I think that was organized by last yr's class. It would be great if our class could organize something just as fun before orientation. We gotta have some fun and meet the better half of everyone before the stress and reality of it all sinks in:) Can't wait to see you all!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo!!! :)