• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

    Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

    JOIN CONTEST

TX A&M Class of 2009

About the Ads

utlake

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2004
29
0
    CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!

    Now, Come Celebrate Your Acceptance And Meet Your New Classmates!!
    We Are Meeting At Trudy's On 30th Street In Austin At 9pm Tonight
     

    longhorndoc

    Member
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Sep 1, 2004
    51
    0
      Count me in eralza and SFAJess!! We're the only 3 TAMU people around here. Where is everyone?! Congrats to all. I'm glad the wait is over. What a welcome relief we all encountered this morning. Look forward to meeting everyone! :D :D
       

      longhorndoc

      Member
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Sep 1, 2004
      51
      0
        Yippee :D I received my letter today. Is anyone planning on going to the "Rounding the Wards" luncheon in Temple? I wasn't planning on it initially, but I think it might be quite nice you know?? A good way to get my foot in the door and meet some future classmates and current students. What's everyone up to? I have sooo much energy today!

        I just finished filling out the FAFSA form. Man, that was no bueno :p
         

        redrocks

        Sunny skies ahead
        10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Oct 22, 2004
        120
        0
        Down in Durham
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          I am also accepted to Texas A&M 2009 class, and thought I should say hi. It will definitely be fun to meet all of you! Does anyone know if A&M has a second look day? I want to learn more about the school and what we'll be in for the next four years!
           

          redrocks

          Sunny skies ahead
          10+ Year Member
          7+ Year Member
          Oct 22, 2004
          120
          0
          Down in Durham
          1. Resident [Any Field]
            longhorndoc said:
            Yippee :D I received my letter today. Is anyone planning on going to the "Rounding the Wards" luncheon in Temple? I wasn't planning on it initially, but I think it might be quite nice you know?? A good way to get my foot in the door and meet some future classmates and current students. What's everyone up to? I have sooo much energy today!

            I just finished filling out the FAFSA form. Man, that was no bueno :p

            I guess the official acceptance will explain more when I get it. What day is the luncheon?
             

            japtat918

            Junior Member
            10+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Apr 11, 2002
            18
            0
            Houston
              longhorndoc said:
              Count me in eralza and SFAJess!! We're the only 3 TAMU people around here. Where is everyone?! Congrats to all. I'm glad the wait is over. What a welcome relief we all encountered this morning. Look forward to meeting everyone! :D :D

              Make that 5!!! I just want to drop by to say congrats and looking forward to meet you guys.
               
              About the Ads

              drbevo

              Member
              7+ Year Member
              15+ Year Member
              Apr 11, 2004
              41
              0
                Hey guys, congrats on getting into Texas A&M! I already know SFAJess and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone else.

                So, now there's six of us. Only 74 more to meet. :)
                 

                SFAJess

                Full Member
                10+ Year Member
                7+ Year Member
                Jul 29, 2004
                725
                0
                39
                Temple, TX
                www.facebook.com
                1. Medical Student
                  Congrats japtap and redrocks!!! :D :thumbup:

                  We finally made it!!! I haven't gotten anything in the mail, but the mail man hasn't made it around to my neck of the woods just yet.

                  I can't wait until we find out about the white coat ceremony!!!!

                  So what undergrad instutitions are y'all from? If you couldn't tell by the name, I'm from Stephen F. Austin.
                   

                  txguy

                  ...
                  10+ Year Member
                  Apr 18, 2004
                  1,327
                  18
                  refer to screen name
                  1. Attending Physician
                    drbevo said:
                    Hey guys, congrats on getting into Texas A&M! I already know SFAJess and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone else.

                    So, now there's six of us. Only 74 more to meet. :)

                    congrats dr. bevo :luck:

                    Not sure if you remember me, but I met you in at the Tech interview, saw you at the airport working on your apple powerbook, and we sat next to each other on the plane lol....

                    cya around,

                    -tx
                     

                    drbevo

                    Member
                    7+ Year Member
                    15+ Year Member
                    Apr 11, 2004
                    41
                    0
                      txguy said:
                      congrats dr. bevo :luck:

                      Not sure if you remember me, but I met you in at the Tech interview, saw you at the airport working on your apple powerbook, and we sat next to each other on the plane lol....

                      cya around,

                      -tx


                      Haha.. of course I remember you. And not only did you remember me, but you remember what computer I was on. Weren't you using a Dell and didn't you have an iPod??? Alright.. enough being nerds. Congrats on your acceptance to UTHSCSA. Hopefully we'll run into eachother again some time.
                       

                      redrocks

                      Sunny skies ahead
                      10+ Year Member
                      7+ Year Member
                      Oct 22, 2004
                      120
                      0
                      Down in Durham
                      1. Resident [Any Field]
                        I graduated from Brigham Young back in April. Make sure to join the yahoo group when you get the chance, hopefully more of the class will be involved there for discussion since there are only a few of us on SDN.
                         

                        drbevo

                        Member
                        7+ Year Member
                        15+ Year Member
                        Apr 11, 2004
                        41
                        0
                          redrocks said:
                          I graduated from Brigham Young back in April. Make sure to join the yahoo group when you get the chance, hopefully more of the class will be involved there for discussion since there are only a few of us on SDN.

                          Congrats on your acceptance to A&M!

                          I noticed there are five or six people in the class from BYU. Do you guys all know eachother?

                          Where do I join the yahoogroup?
                           

                          redrocks

                          Sunny skies ahead
                          10+ Year Member
                          7+ Year Member
                          Oct 22, 2004
                          120
                          0
                          Down in Durham
                          1. Resident [Any Field]
                            drbevo said:
                            Congrats on your acceptance to A&M!

                            I noticed there are five or six people in the class from BYU. Do you guys all know eachother?

                            Where do I join the yahoogroup?

                            I graduated last year, so I don't know any of them, but I'm going to email them to congratulate them. Five from BYU is a huge group; I wonder how many are Texas residents (I am not, though I am living in Houston now).

                            I'll PM you about the group. :D
                             

                            eralza

                            Senior Member
                            10+ Year Member
                            5+ Year Member
                            Jun 2, 2004
                            355
                            3
                            53
                            Virginia
                            1. Medical Student
                              I was totally amazed by the huge number from BYU! As a graduate from the "less stately" Weber State, it was a huge shock to see so many folks from Utah. After being away for more than a decade, it will a bit like a reunion for me.
                               
                              About the Ads

                              SFAJess

                              Full Member
                              10+ Year Member
                              7+ Year Member
                              Jul 29, 2004
                              725
                              0
                              39
                              Temple, TX
                              www.facebook.com
                              1. Medical Student
                                redrocks said:
                                I graduated from Brigham Young back in April. Make sure to join the yahoo group when you get the chance, hopefully more of the class will be involved there for discussion since there are only a few of us on SDN.
                                I would like to know some info about the Yahoo group. I tried to do a search, but I couldn't come up with anything. Thanks!! :)
                                 

                                redrocks

                                Sunny skies ahead
                                10+ Year Member
                                7+ Year Member
                                Oct 22, 2004
                                120
                                0
                                Down in Durham
                                1. Resident [Any Field]
                                  eralza said:
                                  I was totally amazed by the huge number from BYU! As a graduate from the "less stately" Weber State, it was a huge shock to see so many folks from Utah. After being away for more than a decade, it will a bit like a reunion for me.
                                  I was really suprised too. It might be fun to have our little reunion in the middle of a huge Texas one. Everything is bigger here you know!
                                   

                                  eralza

                                  Senior Member
                                  10+ Year Member
                                  5+ Year Member
                                  Jun 2, 2004
                                  355
                                  3
                                  53
                                  Virginia
                                  1. Medical Student
                                    Dr.Quiet said:
                                    Hello fellow class members. Did all of you get your acceptance letters? I am still waiting for it. Also, can any of you provide the link for Yahoo group. Thanks.
                                    Letters went out on Monday, so figure delivery on that. I reckon mine will get to Germany in another week (or so).
                                     
                                    About the Ads

                                    SFAJess

                                    Full Member
                                    10+ Year Member
                                    7+ Year Member
                                    Jul 29, 2004
                                    725
                                    0
                                    39
                                    Temple, TX
                                    www.facebook.com
                                    1. Medical Student
                                      EvoDevo said:
                                      *Sniff* What could have been........
                                      I wish I could have met you Evo. :( You'll be great in SA! I just know it!



                                      For all you UT people: I've always loved UT Football and supported them by going to some of the games and wearing orange. I was so excited about going to A&M, my friend and I (Autumn) went out and bought A&M shirts to wear to school on Feb. 1. (I know we are big dorks, so please don't remind me. :laugh: ) Anyway, it was weird even though I'm not a UT student.... I can only imagine how y'all feel.

                                      We figured the shirt thing would let everyone know where we got in. Since we are at a small school, practically everybody in the sciences knows each other and only 3 people were waiting for acceptances on Feb. 1st....as you can imagine they were anxious to see what the outcome was and our shirts said it all. I'm just glad I didn't have to go to school the next day to say I didn't match.
                                       

                                      redrocks

                                      Sunny skies ahead
                                      10+ Year Member
                                      7+ Year Member
                                      Oct 22, 2004
                                      120
                                      0
                                      Down in Durham
                                      1. Resident [Any Field]
                                        patzan said:
                                        Just noticed your avatar is my home town. Curious if we know each other?
                                        Funny, I've noticed from a few of your other posts we had some things in common. It's possible we do know each other. I went to Snow Canyon HS and graduated in 1997. That should give you some idea.
                                         

                                        drbevo

                                        Member
                                        7+ Year Member
                                        15+ Year Member
                                        Apr 11, 2004
                                        41
                                        0
                                          Does anyone know if we can buy football season tickets? I went to a Thanksgiving game at Kyle field when UT played a few years ago, and it was really cool. :horns:

                                          I wonder if we'll have time to even go to the games. :confused:
                                           

                                          redrocks

                                          Sunny skies ahead
                                          10+ Year Member
                                          7+ Year Member
                                          Oct 22, 2004
                                          120
                                          0
                                          Down in Durham
                                          1. Resident [Any Field]
                                            drbevo said:
                                            Does anyone know if we can buy football season tickets? I went to a Thanksgiving game at Kyle field when UT played a few years ago, and it was really cool. :horns:

                                            I wonder if we'll have time to even go to the games. :confused:
                                            I think the second question should be answered before the first. ;) I don't see why we shouldn't be able to get tickets. It would be nice to go to a game to procrastinate some anatomy studying.
                                             

                                            redrocks

                                            Sunny skies ahead
                                            10+ Year Member
                                            7+ Year Member
                                            Oct 22, 2004
                                            120
                                            0
                                            Down in Durham
                                            1. Resident [Any Field]
                                              eralza said:
                                              Is the avatar St. George? My parents are living in Dammeron Valley.
                                              Yeah, I'm from St. George, and this is a picture looking across Santa Clara. My parents are in Bloomington, so I guess I'm quite a ways from home (I'm in Houston), but you are a lot farther! I'm glad I don't have to wait too long before getting back to school. I know a bunch of students and I want to start rotations now! I guess I'll just have to wait a couple of years for that.
                                               

                                              longhorndoc

                                              Member
                                              10+ Year Member
                                              5+ Year Member
                                              Sep 1, 2004
                                              51
                                              0
                                                4th page???!!! Well we just can't have any of that. How is everyone doing tonight? I'm pretty bored for a Friday night. I'm running a local 5K in the morning so I guess it's good there's nothing going on tonight. Have a super weekend! :)
                                                 

                                                patzan

                                                Waiting for March 20th
                                                7+ Year Member
                                                15+ Year Member
                                                Mar 4, 2004
                                                711
                                                2
                                                In a van down by the river
                                                1. Resident [Any Field]
                                                  redrocks said:
                                                  Yeah, I'm from St. George, and this is a picture looking across Santa Clara. My parents are in Bloomington, so I guess I'm quite a ways from home (I'm in Houston), but you are a lot farther! I'm glad I don't have to wait too long before getting back to school. I know a bunch of students and I want to start rotations now! I guess I'll just have to wait a couple of years for that.

                                                  I am not quite so far, but still a good 1483.9 miles away. We need to start a "Hey, anyone from St. George?" thread.
                                                   

                                                  eralza

                                                  Senior Member
                                                  10+ Year Member
                                                  5+ Year Member
                                                  Jun 2, 2004
                                                  355
                                                  3
                                                  53
                                                  Virginia
                                                  1. Medical Student
                                                    Morning everyone! How was the weekend?
                                                    I'm looking out my office window at a skiff of new snow and blue skies. The military folks get a half day off to recover from the Super Bowl (shown here at 2:00 am).
                                                    What is the word on the acceptance packets? Anyone receive them yet?
                                                     

                                                    SFAJess

                                                    Full Member
                                                    10+ Year Member
                                                    7+ Year Member
                                                    Jul 29, 2004
                                                    725
                                                    0
                                                    39
                                                    Temple, TX
                                                    www.facebook.com
                                                    1. Medical Student
                                                      LetMeIn2004 said:
                                                      Congrats everyone on their acceptance! :D Are ya'll going to go to the ROUND THE WARDS Luncheon?
                                                      Yes and I can't wait!! Have y'all received the email from Rachel Lacy requesting what area of medicine you are interested in? I replied that I would like to see Internal Medicine!! This is so exciting!!

                                                      Did y'all also see the summer trip to the river in New Braunsfuls? :D I know it's in July, but do y'all plan on going?
                                                       

                                                      longhorndoc

                                                      Member
                                                      10+ Year Member
                                                      5+ Year Member
                                                      Sep 1, 2004
                                                      51
                                                      0
                                                        SFAJess said:
                                                        Yes and I can't wait!! Have y'all received the email from Rachel Lacy requesting what area of medicine you are interested in? I replied that I would like to see Internal Medicine!! This is so exciting!!

                                                        Did y'all also see the summer trip to the river in New Braunsfuls? :D I know it's in July, but do y'all plan on going?

                                                        Alright-back on the front page. I thought this thread was dead! I'm totally going to RTW. I'm really looking forward to it and SOOO excited to meet some of ya'll. Yes, I just got the email about choosing an area of interest. I'm interested in everything!! Not sure what I'll put yet...Oh- and I did see the file about the river trip from last summer. I think that was organized by last yr's class. It would be great if our class could organize something just as fun before orientation. We gotta have some fun and meet the better half of everyone before the stress and reality of it all sinks in:) Can't wait to see you all!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo!!! :)
                                                         
                                                        About the Ads