ms1 waitlist/acceptance financial question???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4EverTrue

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be an MS-1 this fall. I have already been accepted to a school back in October...and have had these lender applications in my possession since late April.

However, I am waitlisted at my number one choice!--and to whom, I've sent letters of intent...and still keep on calling...to this day. :luck:

The school I have been admitted to told me to hold off on sending the master promissory notes to their school--so they wouldn't process it yet...b/c i suppose that would mean official enrollment.

But my number 1 choice could technically take me off (best case scenerio) at any point until school starts!! So, how do I rest assure knowing I'll have dinero?????????--for when school starts, wherever I end up?? How can I make this limbo less shaky??

Thanks for any input :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same problem...

me too! Any advice? Should I be doing anything at this point re:financial aid, lenders, private loans (if I need them)?

Members don't see this ad :)
4EverTrue said:
The school I have been admitted to told me to hold off on sending the master promissory notes to their school--so they wouldn't process it yet...b/c i suppose that would mean official enrollment.

Are you sure about this? I really hope this isn't the case, and if it is, I think I just screwed myself. :scared:

GATORade said:
Are you sure about this? I really hope this isn't the case, and if it is, I think I just screwed myself. :scared:

I signed the Master Promissary notes a while back for one school. However, I just got off the waitlist at another school, and it wasn't a big deal to cancel the loans. You should call a financial aid office just to double check though.