ms1 waitlist/acceptance financial question???

Started by 4EverTrue
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

4EverTrue

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to be an MS-1 this fall. I have already been accepted to a school back in October...and have had these lender applications in my possession since late April.

However, I am waitlisted at my number one choice!--and to whom, I've sent letters of intent...and still keep on calling...to this day. :luck:

The school I have been admitted to told me to hold off on sending the master promissory notes to their school--so they wouldn't process it yet...b/c i suppose that would mean official enrollment.

But my number 1 choice could technically take me off (best case scenerio) at any point until school starts!! So, how do I rest assure knowing I'll have dinero?????????--for when school starts, wherever I end up?? How can I make this limbo less shaky??

Thanks for any input 🙂
 
me too! Any advice? Should I be doing anything at this point re:financial aid, lenders, private loans (if I need them)?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4EverTrue said:
The school I have been admitted to told me to hold off on sending the master promissory notes to their school--so they wouldn't process it yet...b/c i suppose that would mean official enrollment.

Are you sure about this? I really hope this isn't the case, and if it is, I think I just screwed myself. :scared:
 
GATORade said:
Are you sure about this? I really hope this isn't the case, and if it is, I think I just screwed myself. :scared:

I signed the Master Promissary notes a while back for one school. However, I just got off the waitlist at another school, and it wasn't a big deal to cancel the loans. You should call a financial aid office just to double check though.