Financial Question Leaving/Dismissal From School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedHomoSapien

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Would it make a difference to loans deferment or forgiveness if I put that I left medical school willingly instead of getting dismissed. I am not sure how the financial situation works and I have not yet signed the forms yet so should I put that I left instead of being dismissed. It would look favorably on a program if I apply to another healthcare field but I am not sure if paying back loans would be a problem.

Just need financial insight.

Thank you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No difference in loans, but i would say that leaving on your own probably looks better if applying to another field