locum tenens = $100,000 per month?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waldowaldo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was checking out gaswork.com just for kicks and i saw some locum tenens position that state you get paid about $200,000-$300,000 for about 2-3 months of work..somehow I don't think this is the case..can someone explain this? am i missing something? just curious...thanks

Members don't see this ad.

tell me which ad and what state Ill get in on some of that action.... probably really rural... so let me know..

Members don't see this ad :)
Friend of mine made 500,000 in 6 months doing locums....it is possible.

militarymd said:
Friend of mine made 500,000 in 6 months doing locums....it is possible.

Working how many hours, taking how many calls, and doing what? I remember some seemingly sweet deals in Vegas, Cali, and Alaska (yes Alaska) that were high paying but with enormous work hours, lots of call, bad cases, and before the group took a percentage for "overhead costs".

UTSouthwestern said:
Working how many hours, taking how many calls, and doing what? I remember some seemingly sweet deals in Vegas, Cali, and Alaska (yes Alaska) that were high paying but with enormous work hours, lots of call, bad cases, and before the group took a percentage for "overhead costs".

He was paid by the hour...usually shift ends a 3:00 plus call. I'm not sure of the details of call, but I know him.....he wouldn't have accepted any deals which would screw him.

militarymd said:
He was paid by the hour...usually shift ends a 3:00 plus call. I'm not sure of the details of call, but I know him.....he wouldn't have accepted any deals which would screw him.

Sign me up.

I made 100K in 2 months doing locums.. but 500K in 6 months is impossible cmon.. unless you are on call every day and do some serious overtime.

redstorm said:
I made 100K in 2 months doing locums.. but 500K in 6 months is impossible cmon.. unless you are on call every day and do some serious overtime.
I'm curious, what was your schedule like in order to make $100K in 2 months? $100K divided by 60 days is about $1666/day. You must have been working some mad hours if you had any days off!

I didnt work every day.. I pulled some all nighters.. 24 straigt hours.. wit anything after 3 at 175 per hour and i did that quite often plus i worked weekends sometimes 20 hours on a saturday for 175 per hour plus 600 bucks for being on calll so locums can be really lucrative

redstorm said:
I didnt work every day.. I pulled some all nighters.. 24 straigt hours.. wit anything after 3 at 175 per hour and i did that quite often plus i worked weekends sometimes 20 hours on a saturday for 175 per hour plus 600 bucks for being on calll so locums can be really lucrative

How was malpractice covered?

Sevo said:
How was malpractice covered?

Too add to this question, even if the locum agency pays your malpractice, would you ever need "tail coverage"?

just wondering

goose

forgive my ignorance..but what is tail coverage?

tell me where you saw the ad about the 500000 and i will tell you what tail coverage is