Non-trad friendly schools?

Started by toxin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

toxin

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So what do you guys think are non-trad friendly school? Where would I be able to find out more info about that.
 
Hello from a fellow non-trad:

1) go to the Non-Traditionals forum here on SDN. They stuck us way at the bottom, below all the other board topics, not in with the nother pre-med topics. Keep scrolling down....

2) Pitt, Case Western, Drexel, all of the DO schools. There are others. We've been discussing it lately on the non-trad board.
 
As a non-trad (30 year old), I received interviews at UCI, UCDavis, Wake, Tulane, VCU, BU, Dartmouth, and MCW (where I'll be going in 3 days!). None of them cared about my age and some actually commented on the fact that it would benefit me come 3rd and 4th year. I don't think the non-trad thing is an issue like it was years ago.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Code Brown said:
As a non-trad (30 year old), I received interviews at UCI, UCDavis, Wake, Tulane, VCU, BU, Dartmouth, and MCW (where I'll be going in 3 days!). None of them cared about my age and some actually commented on the fact that it would benefit me come 3rd and 4th year. I don't think the non-trad thing is an issue like it was years ago.
I would tend to agree. These days every school is going to have a handful of 30+ types, and so you shouldn't limit yourself by applying to schools which you perceive as having a more "non-trad friendly" reputation. Additionally, no allo school is going to have a substantial percentage of their class be non-trad (as a small handful adequately satisfies the schools' age "diversity" needs while a big number starts to defeat it), so as a nontrad you really need to apply broadly as you are competing to be one of that handful at each school.
 
FYI I started a petition in the Non-Traditional forum way at the bottom of the list to have it moved to the pre-med area. Please sign it! That forum is so underused because of its location it would really benefit the growing number of non-trads if we could get it moved and circulate more traffic.
 
Sundarban1 said:
FYI I started a petition in the Non-Traditional forum way at the bottom of the list to have it moved to the pre-med area. Please sign it! That forum is so underused because of its location it would really benefit the growing number of non-trads if we could get it moved and circulate more traffic.
Signed! [email protected]le (25+ lol). WTF? it auto added that email part and I can't get rid of it!