Hopkins: REAL NEWS for those of us in post-interview limbo.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Indryd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So, I finally mustered the nuts to call the admissions office and ask them why I know people who interviewed both before and after my date (9-23) who have been either accepted or rejected. She didn't really have an answer, but then asked my identity (which I swore to myself when I called I wouldn't reveal and look like an anxious ass) and then put me on hold for about 5 minutes.

She got back on the phone, then told me point blank "the next admissions committee meeting is on November 8th, your file is in that group, expect news a few days after that."

YAY! I'm not rejected (yet!)!

Hope this puts some of yous who were in a similar position as me at ease.

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you think when it comes to send out the next batch of interview invitations that is also when they meet to review prospective interviewees? thanks.

Indryd,

Thanks for the update. You give all of us hope. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
medhacker said:
Do you think when it comes to send out the next batch of interview invitations that is also when they meet to review prospective interviewees? thanks.
Idunno...

Thanks, Indryd! I wonder if that applies to all of us... at this point, I'm like, bring on the rejection, I just want to know something ! Since I've resigned myself to my fate.... :)

DeadorAlive said:
Thanks, Indryd! I wonder if that applies to all of us... at this point, I'm like, bring on the rejection, I just want to know something ! Since I've resigned myself to my fate.... :)
Yeah, it's funny, the magic has worn off a little, so no I'm like meh...rejection schmejection...though if I get one I know I will probably crap my pants and then just lay there crying...

Hmm...now that I think of it, that is also how I would react to an acceptance...

Indryd said:
Yeah, it's funny, the magic has worn off a little, so no I'm like meh...rejection schmejection...though if I get one I know I will probably crap my pants and then just lay there crying...

Hmm...now that I think of it, that is also how I would react to an acceptance...
Any idea when my file would go to committee if I interviewed 10/20?...veeeeery anxious about this one

I interviewed the week of 10/7 and still haven't heard. I am anticipating something this week, hopefully. That would be about a 1 month turn around time. Does that sound about right?

Do they only make calls on Monday for acceptances?

I got THE call on Friday, good luck

Anybody hear after the adcom meeting on the 8th???

amand0r said:
Anybody hear after the adcom meeting on the 8th???
nuttin' . . .