Hopkins vs Penn

Started by Talkamar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Talkamar

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, thanks for the help. I am currently leaning Hopkins but just want to hear some thoughts before I pull the trigger.

Hopkins:

Pros:
  • Full PF (for now)
  • Met a few more people that I liked at second look compared to Penn
  • Big new emphasis on AI/informatics that fits my interests
  • full COA
Cons:
  • Baltimore isn't the best place, but I'm not too sensitive to location
  • Will definitely need a car
  • Heard speciality I'm interested in is hard to work with, and one of the few specialities Hopkins is weak in
Penn:

Pros:
  • Philly better city, walkable too
  • Stronger in the competitive specialities I'm interested in with better match apparently
  • Larger LGBTQ+ student population
Cons:
  • Graded clinical is rough but undisclosed internal ranking is tough for me to swallow (current students say its easy to get honors though?)
  • More expensive by 5-10k a year
 
Last edited: