MCPHS Worcester Tuition 2006-2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmforme

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am unable to find this on their website (every time I try to see it says "webpage not available", and a post on the pharm board said it is going to be 46K next year.

Anyone know for sure? I know it was 32,600 + fees last year. I will be blown away if it went up that much in one year.

Want to know if I am going to have to sell a kidney or not... :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

pharmforme said:
Ok, I am unable to find this on their website (every time I try to see it says "webpage not available", and a post on the pharm board said it is going to be 46K next year.

Anyone know for sure? I know it was 32,600 + fees last year. I will be blown away if it went up that much in one year.

That's crazy! I hope it isn't that expensive. Maybe they put into account all the books, housing, etc.

rivatnt said:
That's crazy! I hope it isn't that expensive. Maybe they put into account all the books, housing, etc.

Yeah, I'm thinking it was a troll & I'm gullible. I'll learn :oops:

I honestly am starting to think there are people on here who are on the waiting list who are trying to "free up" seats. Either that or they are just *****s.

Members don't see this ad :)
pharmforme said:

Tuition and fees were around 30K this year, and that 46K is probably referring to the total amount it will cost to attend school and live in the Worcester area--i.e., the total amount of money the school has decided a student can borrow. I thought the figure this year was 48, but maybe it was 46. Isn't is awful that I don't even know how much I'm paying and how much I've borrowed!?

DrugDealer said:
Tuition and fees were around 30K this year, and that 46K is probably referring to the total amount it will cost to attend school and live in the Worcester area--i.e., the total amount of money the school has decided a student can borrow. I thought the figure this year was 48, but maybe it was 46. Isn't is awful that I don't even know how much I'm paying and how much I've borrowed!?

Thanks for your reply. It's nice to hear from an attending student :) Yeah, I feel a little silly that I've decided to go there based on last years tuition costs, but I'm thrilled just the same.

I emailed the financial services dept of MCP and they said THEY don't even know for sure yet what tuition will be exactly next year. A lot of people (trolls) are posting fake numbers for some inane reason. Honestly, I'll pay (ok, borrow) whatever it takes, but I'm sure they haven't raised tuition 30+%. ;)

DrugDealer said:

Wow, that's a lot of money... I thought there is a maximum amount of government loan you can take, not sure how much it was but I guess the maximum was around $32k. So I assume that some portion of your loan may be from a private sector. Don't most of students work and make some money to help their expenses? I was going to work about 15~20 hrs such that I don't have to take out too much loan. By the way, what is the hourly rate for pharmacy intern in Worcester? I have heard that it varies from state to sate, chain to chain and city to city.

imkim01 said:
Wow, that's a lot of money... I thought there is a maximum amount of government loan you can take, not sure how much it was but I guess the maximum was around $32k. So I assume that some portion of your loan may be from a private sector. Don't most of students work and make some money to help their expenses? I was going to work about 15~20 hrs such that I don't have to take out too much loan. By the way, what is the hourly rate for pharmacy intern in Worcester? I have heard that it varies from state to sate, chain to chain and city to city.

I would think, like anything else, the rate would be based on your responsibilites and your experiece, trying googling for Worcester job compensation rates. How will I pay for school? I have no idea. I will be very very poor for 3 years. Ugh. But SO worth it. But I think the limit of a Stafford loan is 46K. Not sure, though.

imkim01 said:

Yes, there is a maxiumum amount you can borrow from the government. Then using the figure the school provides for what they estimate for total expenses, including cost of living in the area, you can borrow the remainder, up to this total figure, from a private lender. The total borrow-able amount will vary from school to school. I work 10-12 hours a week, but it's not to reduce my loans. It's to gain experience and have some spare cash. I have about 20K in student loans from undergrad that I've been deferring and dragging around since 2000 when I graduated, so I don't worry about the debt and the loans anymore.

I can only numerically speak for what CVS pays their interns. They start you at $10 for your first year, raise you $1 after you've completed some training courses and CDs, and raise you $1 each year you progress in school.

I don't know the figures for Walgreens, but it is less than their interns receive in other parts of the country. My roommate makes less than she expected to make, based on what interns at her old Walgreens made before she moved here. They explained it as such: they don't have many stores in this area, so they aren't really interested in attracting interns here because there aren't interested in recruiting future Walgreens pharmacists because there aren't jobs for them here.

I spoke to the Worcester financial aid lady and she told me that tuition is $34,500 plus parking permits and books...

cangelilli said:
I spoke to the Worcester financial aid lady and she told me that tuition is $34,500 plus parking permits and books...

According to their website, the tuition is $33,900. So with a parking permit and books, it may be $34,500.

imkim01 said:
According to their website, the tuition is $33,900. So with a parking permit and books, it may be $34,500.

Yep, makes sense. Ugh. Must go sell all my belongings.

Hey, question for you all: I got my financial aid letter. Did anyone else research if it's better to go with the Citizens Bank aid program as opposed to the unsubsidized Stafford loans? what do you think?