Portage Learning General Chemistry I (Chem 103)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jisu Oh

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've started my journey for fulfilling Pharmacy pre-requisites with Portage Learning. I've asked the pharmacy schools that I am interested in attending about portage learning and they accept to credits! So far, portage learning is the most cost effective option I found regarding online, self-paced courses. I'm trying to knock out several courses in a short amount of time (about a year) so the courses had to diverge from the traditional semester schedule.

So far I like the course. It's well organized and the individual lesson videos also come with text which I like. I like to supplement the videos with texts. The videos I've watched are by Dr. Ken Hartman, but the professor I am assigned to is a different person. She's been responsive to my messages so I like that.

I hope this course goes well because I've got to take Biology 1 & 2, AP 1 & 2 and other courses and I would like to knock them out with portage pricing.. Unfortunately Portage doesn't have Organic Chemistry 1 & 2 so it's likely I will do those two courses and Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences since they offer some self-paced courses too.