about essayedge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shake_yabooties

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is this thing worth paying?
Can anybody answer who had experience using it?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Shake_yabooties said:

thanks

I have used it once for my college personal statement but I didn't find it too helpful. The editor who worked on my PS did a lot of rephrasing but not much useful critiques in improving my PS.

I found it to be a good confidence builder, but that's about all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have a pre-med advisor, professors, peers, or parents/partner that could edit your essays? If so, most of these people will do a better job than any professional writing and editing service. Less $ and better results - it's a win/win.

Shake_yabooties said:

thanks

I think its better to go to the people on SDN for FREE to look at your personal statement if you can't find people nearby who would be willing to help out. I made the mistake of advising a friend to use essay edge at the advice of another friend. The friend who used it the first time said it did wonders for his essay. But the friend who I told to use it, said they didn't do anything for his essay except waste a lot of his money. He's in med school now so it doesn't matter, but it was lame cuz they didn't really make it that much better.

He spent a buttload of money for it. Its more expensive then the MCAT. That's how much he had to pay. I wouldn't do it.

I'd use SDN folks to help you out.

Shake_yabooties said:

thanks

honestly, i wouldn't recommend it. i used it about 4 times and paid over $300 total. the 4th time-- the reviser merely reworded my words and i complained. they then sent it back for it to get redone.

Shake_yabooties said:

thanks

Consider http://www.mdadmit.com, I know Suzie and she helped me tremendously during the application process this past year. If you have any questions you can private message me or just post here.

this thread is really sad. Write your own damn essay and then have your profs/parents/advisors/preceptors read it. These places where you pay people are a sham and in my opinon it is dishonest to use them.

Trail Boss said:
this thread is really sad. Write your own damn essay and then have your profs/parents/advisors/preceptors read it. These places where you pay people are a sham and in my opinon it is dishonest to use them.

I understand your sentiment but the site I posted is absolutely not a sham. There would be nothing dishonest about seeking some consultation.