Essayedge editor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wes431

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who used this service for their personal statement and really liked it, who was your editor?

Members don't see this ad.

You can still access your account through the website and find out. Please pm the name to me. I'd really appreciate it.

Its a hundred bucks for every revision. Why do that when you can have your friends/family read it over?

I guess you could, but there's no real guarantee they'd do better with it than your friend, who's also an english major.

If you have a friend who's pre-law or in law school already, i'd have them read it, because all they do in undergrad is learn how to make arguments, which is basically what this is. they also generally have good writing skills.

Members don't see this ad :)
Or ask the personal statement readers here for some help. If you know about SDN, there's no reason whatsoever to consider an editing service, not that you should consider one anyway. What a rip-off.

Because they are more likely to spend more time and effort on my personal statement than friends or some reader on the internet who are probably busy with other things anyways. I already asked on SDN and everyone gives different opinions and theres like a week waiting period. I'd rather just hand over 100 bucks for a guarantee editing by a Harvard student who does editing as a job. So once again, does anyone remember the editor they used?

Because they are more likely to spend more time and effort on my personal statement than friends or some reader on the internet who are probably busy with other things anyways. I already asked on SDN and everyone gives different opinions and theres like a week waiting period. I'd rather just hand over 100 bucks for a guarantee editing by a Harvard student who does editing as a job. So once again, does anyone remember the editor they used?

pay me $100 and I guarantee I'll read your essay first thing.

Hell, I'll even knock it down to $75 because I don't go to Harvard.

Reactions: 1 user
I used essayedge and I regret it. He corrected some grammar, and changed a few sentence structures that was it. I showed the polished version to my a member of my school's adcom, he read it and made meaningful comments on the actual contents, ie what to focus on.

Essayedge would of been useful if it was cheaper, I had to pay $150, what I got out of it was not worth $150, maybe $20. I should of just gone to my school's writing center and I would of gotten the same thing, at the very least, for free

Reactions: 1 user
What you're also lacking in essay editing services is relevant experience. They're going to be editing an essay, not a personal statement. On the other hand, everyone on the reader list here (presumably) knows what a good med school PS should contain. That Harvard editor may not.

Wes, save your money! I swear to you it is not worth it. Just because you are paying does not mean you will get more of their time and attention. Use someone who actually knows you and cares about the outcome. I wish I had saved the money and applied to another school. I will show you the awful results if you PM me. I promise you, using SDN (someone already accepted to med school and proven track record) would make for a much better essay!!

I wouldn't even worry about the accepted to med school part. As I've pointed out before, there are tons of people who are extremely competent editors who never have been and never will be accepted to med school (like, say, almost every single newspaper and magazine editor in the country). We're all smart people here, so acceptance to med school should not be a criterion you use to decide who reads you essay. If someone is giving you bad information, it will be quite obvious.

I wouldn't even worry about the accepted to med school part. As I've pointed out before, there are tons of people who are extremely competent editors who never have been and never will be accepted to med school (like, say, almost every single newspaper and magazine editor in the country). We're all smart people here, so acceptance to med school should not be a criterion you use to decide who reads you essay. If someone is giving you bad information, it will be quite obvious.

Oops, let me clarify - I completely agree. What I meant to say is that I would personally recommend using someone from SDN who was already accepted as opposed to someone applying at the same time. Otherwise, english professors, parents, friends are great resources.