Secondaries that are Already Out ('07)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

We know that schools have received verified applications, and at the least, for those submitted, email, etc.

Have all schools set up secondary applications? Which email invitations have you received? I am thinking they are all going to come FLOODING in the first week of July. I understand that the Texas schools are a little different, too.

So far for me:

OSU
Columbia
MCW

Response from SIU (They Screen).

Any others? :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

i got UMDNJ-RWJ by e-mail yesterday

jackieMD2007 said:
Hey everyone,

We know that schools have received verified applications, and at the least, for those submitted, email, etc.

Have all schools set up secondary applications? Which email invitations have you received? I am thinking they are all going to come FLOODING in the first week of July. I understand that the Texas schools are a little different, too.

So far for me:

OSU
Columbia
MCW

Response from SIU (They Screen).

Any others? :luck: :luck:

So we have:

Columbia
Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)
Ohio State University (OSU)
Robert Wood Johnson (UMDNJ-RWJ)

Members don't see this ad :)
How do we know if they are true secondaries, or just university fundraisers? (i.e. do they screen for secondaries, or do they just send them out to everyone to get the secondary application fee?)

LifetimeDoc said:
How do we know if they are true secondaries, or just university fundraisers? (i.e. do they screen for secondaries, or do they just send them out to everyone to get the secondary application fee?)

Whether they screen or not doesn't matter. :confused: I am applying to the schools I am applying to and am just looking to see how many schools have already sent out email invitations to the secondary webpages.

I figured this information would be valuable for people. Like, if you haven't applied yet and the secondaries for the schools you're applying to aren't up anyway, then you could relax a little.

i haven't even been verified yet. my application has been under review since friday and its tuesday. but i already got the secondary from columbia. then again, most schools don't screen, so its basically fundraising.

I got the GW secondary one day after I sent in AMCAS, and it's obviously not verified yet

jackieMD2007 said:
So we have:

Columbia
George Washington University. My AMCAS was verified on June 7th.

GeorgeTown is out as well

LifetimeDoc said:
I think the MSAR has the answers you're looking for. Also, you can check their websites.

ironmanf14 said:
I got the GW secondary one day after I sent in AMCAS, and it's obviously not verified yet
I received the GW secondary link this morning and have yet to be verified. Hopefully I'll get more, as it makes that wait speed by. Here goes nothing! :scared:

cheers!

Members don't see this ad :)
Columbia
Georgetown
George Washington

Columbia
Georgetown
George Washington

Hey just to double check...have people been receiving the Ohio State one before or after being verified?

AECOM
Columbia
Georgetown
George Washington

Erina said:
Hey just to double check...have people been receiving the Ohio State one before or after being verified?

I got mine after. :D

AECOM
Columbia
Georgetown
George Washington
SUNY Downstate
EVMS
Tulane

The following are also out- you just have to go to the respective schools' websites and use the admissions link to find them:

Baylor
Johns Hopkins
Washington University (St. Louis)
Yale

Secondaries Offered Via Email:

AECOM
Columbia
EVMS
Georgetown
George Washington
SUNY Downstate
Tulane
University of Kentucky

Secondaries available for viewing on Medschool website:
Baylor
Johns Hopkins
Yale

jackieMD2007 said:

AECOM
Columbia
EVMS
Georgetown
George Washington
SUNY Downstate
Tulane
University of Kentucky

Baylor
Johns Hopkins
Yale

I got an Email from UCSD and they told me that they got my primary. it's not a seconday, but I just wanted to let people know.

Jefferson's is available on their website as a pdf. You can fax that or do it online. But to submit online I think you need a login from an email.

so....i didn't see this listed in this thread....but for those of you who received your secondaries form 2007 - you have already taken the MCAt, RIGHT? :)

bertz413 said:
so....i didn't see this listed in this thread....but for those of you who received your secondaries form 2007 - you have already taken the MCAt, RIGHT? :)
You are right, most have already taken the MCAT. Some may be taking them again in August.

AECOM
Columbia
EVMS
Georgetown
George Washington
SUNY Downstate
Tulane
University of Kentucky
Case Western

Baylor
Johns Hopkins
Yale

Ummm... so how long does it take after ur Amcas is verified before schools send u secondaries? mines was just verified today.

AECOM
Case Western
Columbia
EVMS
Georgetown
George Washington
SUNY Downstate
Tulane
University of Kentucky

Secondaries available for viewing on Med School's website:
Baylor
Johns Hopkins
Yale

Good work you guys. Keep adding them.
And to answer a few questions--yes I am an April MCAT'er, no, not retaking.
I was verified on the 23rd and got secondaries on the 26th. :luck:

Are the MCW & OSU secondaries long or fairly short? Too bad we're not putting the (2007) prompts next to the schools. I'm sure it'll help a lot of us.

Y_Marker said:
Are the MCW & OSU secondaries long or fairly short? Too bad we're not putting the (2007) prompts next to the schools. I'm sure it'll help a lot of us.

MCW will take about 10 minutes, its basically your picture, some other quick infor, and your cc info...

I hear OSU is kinda long, but not sure.

DrVanNostran said:
MCW will take about 10 minutes, its basically your picture, some other quick infor, and your cc info...

I hear OSU is kinda long, but not sure.

OSU's is 3 pages, but only has 2 essays (max 600 words each). So, it's not too bad.

I received a secondary from George Washington although my AMCAS has not been verified yet. :D

I received an email about my secondary from University of Florida.

AECOM
Case Western
Columbia [1 long essay 2475 characters, 4 short lists]
EVMS
Georgetown
George Washington
Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) [No Essays]
Ohio State University (OSU) [2 Essays, 600 words or less]
SUNY Downstate
Tulane
University of Florida
University of Kentucky

Baylor
Johns Hopkins
Yale

Good work you guys. Keep adding them, with short info about how many essays. Try to keep it on one line and in alpha order if you can. :thumbup:

it's a city in a foregin country

i always thought i was born there because i thought the town i was born in is part of the big city
(similar to the idea of manhattan in new york city)

it turns out the town is beside the city i entered, not part of the city

>_<

coralfangs said:
it's a city in a foregin country

i always thought i was born there because i thought the town i was born in is part of the big city
(similar to the idea of manhattan in new york city)

it turns out the town is beside the city i entered, not part of the city

>_<

Two wrongs don't make a right. Enter the correct info and follow up with an email to the folks who have the wrong info. An email should suffice.

Y_Marker said:

There is the official one that has the prompts from last year. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=210160

It might be better if we post any updates to the prompts on that thread and make sure mods update the main page. I posted the updated Yale one on there and I see the no one has updated it yet.

Punkn said:
OSU's is 3 pages, but only has 2 essays (max 600 words each). So, it's not too bad.

What's up with all these essays. Anyone have the prompt?

shantster said:
There is the official one that has the prompts from last year. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=210160

It might be better if we post any updates to the prompts on that thread and make sure mods update the main page. I posted the updated Yale one on there and I see the no one has updated it yet.

Yes. When I made this thread I was just trying to get a handle on which schools had already released since I had heard that July 1 is really when the secondaries start to come. Both to ease the minds of people who hadn't applied yet and to help those of us who are verified and trying to organize our time around school, work, MCAT studying (For the August MCATer's!), and everything else. So add to the list if you get an email from a school, please. :D

jackieMD2007 said:
Yes. When I made this thread I was just trying to get a handle on which schools had already released since I had heard that July 1 is really when the secondaries start to come. Both to ease the minds of people who hadn't applied yet and to help those of us who are verified and trying to organize our time around school, work, MCAT studying (For the August MCATer's!), and everything else. So add to the list if you get an email from a school, please. :D

Oh! I understand what you were trying to do, which was a good idea. I was just responding to the post about putting the prompts on here. That would get way too cluttered.

sandros1 said:
I received the GW secondary link this morning and have yet to be verified. Hopefully I'll get more, as it makes that wait speed by. Here goes nothing! :scared:

cheers!

Soooo, I know everyone is saying that they got the GW secondary even if they havent been verified. I haven't been verified, but I also haven't received that secondary. Do you think I can start filling it out anyway? Hopefully I will get the secondary sometime soon (I just hope they didn't overlook me or something). Should I worry about this or just wait until it comes? (Or maybe I am just going through "anxiety" withdrawl. First it was the MCAT, then it was the AMCAS application, now its about getting secondaries...ahhh applying to med school).

star6927 said:
Soooo, I know everyone is saying that they got the GW secondary even if they havent been verified. I haven't been verified, but I also haven't received that secondary. Do you think I can start filling it out anyway? Hopefully I will get the secondary sometime soon (I just hope they didn't overlook me or something). Should I worry about this or just wait until it comes? (Or maybe I am just going through "anxiety" withdrawl. First it was the MCAT, then it was the AMCAS application, now its about getting secondaries...ahhh applying to med school).

It wouldn't hurt to look at the questions and start drafting an essay. That way when you get your invitation, login, whatever, then you have already started working.

AECOM
Case Western
Columbia [1 long essay 2475 characters, 4 short lists]
EVMS
Georgetown
George Washington
Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) [No Essays]
Ohio State University (OSU) [2 Essays, 600 words or less]
SUNY Downstate
Tulane
University of Florida
University of Kentucky

Baylor
Johns Hopkins
Yale

Good work you guys. Keep adding them, with short info about how many essays. Try to keep it on one line and in alpha order if you can. :thumbup

University of Florida came out 6/27

Damnit, I didn't get a secondary from Tulane yet

Guess I'll need the extra time to fill out Case, GW, Georgetown, MCW, and Kentucky... g/l all!

So are all of these secondaries from schools that do not screen?

Mostly, UF screens applications for GPA and MCAT

However, I guess you guys really don't care unless you're a Florida resident... in which case, Sorry

G/L ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.