Top 20 physicians in America?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hellodoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the top 20 physicians in America?
I think this was in Time magazine or CNN had did something like this and does anyone know what hospitals they are at?

I have been thinking about this for awhile and just want to know :)

I know Dr. Benjamin Carson is one:)

Members don't see this ad.

hellodoc said:
I think this was in Time magazine or CNN had did something like this and does anyone know what hospitals they are at?

what are these rankings based on?

that sounds like it would be the most absurd ranking system ever created...

....so i assume US News put it together. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
hellodoc said:

WTH..hahahaha.

Im on there, I think I was no.8 last year but moved up 3 places in the AP poll as of Jan 2007. :laugh:

I think the SF Penis Enlargement guy dropped out of the top 10 this year after he went to prison.

DaBeav said:
what are these rankings based on?

Rankings are based on 3 factors.

1. Total dollar amount of NIH research grants.

2. Average USMLE Step 1 & 2 scores / AOA Membership

3. % of patients who fly in from other countries just to be seen.

jbrice1639 said:
that sounds like it would be the most absurd ranking system ever created...
....so i assume US News put it together. :smuggrin:

Yeah has a certain a certain "US news" ring to it. ;)

LADoc00 said:
WTH..hahahaha.

Im on there, I think I was no.8 last year but moved up 3 places in the AP poll as of Jan 2007. :laugh:

I think the SF Penis Enlargement guy dropped out of the top 10 this year after he went to prison.

seriously?

lynn623la said:
seriously?

Im completely serious. I was languishing in the 20-30 rankings early on in my career and then hired a PR man full time. That allowed me to crack the top ten sometime early this Fall. Wow, its glorious being up here in the "Layercake"...glorious I say..glorious!

I heard #9 is in danger of falling out of the top ten. He needs to become more selective. Doing more than one free bypass per year is top-twenty mentality.

LADoc00 said:
Im completely serious. I was languishing in the 20-30 rankings early on in my career and then hired a PR man full time. That allowed me to crack the top ten sometime early this Fall. Wow, its glorious being up here in the "Layercake"...glorious I say..glorious!

:eek: Um, I'm going to have to say, seriously? again. What is your specialty?

lynn623la said:
:eek: Um, I'm going to have to say, seriously? again. What is your specialty?

Serious as it gets...serious as a suicide bomber.
You can call my lawyer at Morrison and Foerster in SF.
http://www.mofo.com/

Members don't see this ad :)
why would one of the top 20 physicians be fuc.kin around on the SDN forums?

Pancho Villa said:

How bout trying to break into the top 5? Havent you ever heard about politicking? Im marketing my 'mad skillz' here.

Sheesh, with that attitude you will never crack the top 20,000.

Pancho Villa said:

That's my question too. I think it'd be like watching an ant farm. But, an ant farm might be more interesting.

I have a question. So there are some very capable doctors in the U.S. that not only people who are living in here but living far far away from the U.S. come just in order to be seen, right? Do they usually have MD/MSTP or MD/Ph.D dual degrees? It seems quite reasonable considering the fact that people doing DD learn whole lot more than people who graduate with only MD degree.

LADoc00 said:
How bout trying to break into the top 5? Havent you ever heard about politicking? Im marketing my 'mad skillz' here.

Okay. :confused:

LADoc: Can I get a rec? By this Friday? Thanks.

Monkeymaniac said:
I have a question. So there are some very capable doctors in the U.S. that not only people who are living in here but living far far away from the U.S. come just in order to be seen, right? Do they usually have MD/MSTP or MD/Ph.D dual degrees? It seems quite reasonable considering the fact that people doing DD learn whole lot more than people who graduate with only MD degree.

How's that? You don't learn anything new when you do a PhD. You just become highly specialized and do research. There's no new information.

Monkeymaniac said:

What is DD?

either breast size or dual degree

Jedix123 said:
either breast size or dual degree
BAHAHA!!! thats exactly what i was thinking!

lynn623la is the reason I peruse pre-allo from time to time. Among all you sharp candidates, one that's hilariously dense.