Med-Peds Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medpedshopeful

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone get med-peds interviews yet?

Members don't see this ad.

only one- univ of illinois peoria.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've had two offers- Einstein in Philly and USC, both within the last 2 days. Otherwise nothing.

USC only. I'm glad someone started this forum. I've heard alot of IM and peds interviews going out; is med-peds normally behind this curve?

To answer the question about why med-peds often lags behind peds and IM for interviews... often the med-peds interviews must be coordinated with the other two departments. This can be pretty difficult to arrange. My program has had to re-arrange our own interview schedule to accomodate the planned interview schedule of peds and IM. It puts us behind where we wanted to be by a month. But in the long run I think the interviews will go well and things will be a little more organized.

Have patientce. The interviews will come. For the two posters who already have invites... congrats!:thumbup:

i applied to 17 programs..so far i have only heard back from albert einstein in philly with an invite..

I submitted my eras on 9/9, but so far only 1 LOR has been uploaded. I applied to 19 total, a few of which I have no shot at.

Interviews offered:

Univ of Illinois- Peoria
Univ of Louisville
VCU

Illinois-Chicago and medical college of wisconsin today

university of illinois chicago yesterday

maine medical center today

I submitted my eras on 9/9, but so far only 1 LOR has been uploaded. I applied to 19 total, a few of which I have no shot at.

Interviews offered:

Univ of Illinois- Peoria
Univ of Louisville
VCU

adding Univ of Illinois- Chicago

Members don't see this ad :)
Wright state
louisville
VCU
USC
Greenville:)

all the waiting just drives me... insane. :eek:
Baystate
USC
Phoenix
Albert Einstein
Univ of Cinti (my school :))

USC
Yale
Baystate
UMass
Tulane
UIC
Rochester
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston
VCU

Utah
Cincinnati
Michigan
Ohio State

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Three cheers for all those with invites!!!

I applied last year for peds and for med-peds, and my med-peds invites definitely lagged behind (especially behind my friends who applied for IM categorical)! So don't fret... be patient, and dont' be afraid to follow up if you havent' heard from programs you're really interested in by mid-Nov.
Good luck- med-peds is the BEST!! And yes, I matched in med-peds:):D

Congrats to everyone with interviews so far!

I heard from my first one: UPMC (Pitt) :thumbup:

Indiana
ECU
MUSC Charleston

Wright state
louisville
VCU
USC
Greenville

U Kentucky today :D
ECU today

USC
Yale
Baystate
UMass
Tulane
UIC
Rochester
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston
VCU

Baylor
UPMC
University of Maryland
UT of Houston
Rush
Georgetown

Cincy
SLU
Rochester
Rush
UPMC
Baylor
Minnesota

Adding some more to my list... :)
--Pitt
--Ohio State
--Rush

Christiana Einstein Maryland LLU UIC UMDNJ USC VCU MCW

Utah
Cincinnati
Michigan
Ohio State

Tennessee- Memphis
MUSC
Indiana
U of Chicago

I think our program is lagging too this year as peds is doing block interview dates but Med-Peds wanted to stay more flexible with individualized dates

:clap: :clap: :clap: I look forward to seeing all of you interviewing in Louisville!!! (If I'm not post call and asleep!)

:clap: :clap: :clap: I look forward to seeing all of you interviewing in Louisville!!! (If I'm not post call and asleep!)

Looking forward to seeing the program 1st hand. Maybe I'll even run into Ali while I'm there!

Does anyone know if Cincy is still doing the 2 day interview and what are some of the dates they are offering?

Cincinnati is doing 2-day interviews this year. They are mostly on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (except for Thanksgiving and Christmas week).

Christiana Care
Georgetown
Indiana U
U Rochester

Any suggestions on Med-Peds programs that interview IMGs?

:thumbup:
Cincy today

Wright state
louisville
VCU
USC
Greenville
U Kentucky
ECU

Waiting on....Vandy, OSU, Duke, UNC

Hi, I submitted 10/1 and have gotten several interview offers, most during last week. However, I'm still waiting on the rest of the schools, including several more selective schools that I am VERY interested in. I haven't heard much this week, and I'm concerned that I've got all I'm gonna get. What do you think?

updating a little....
Rush a couple weeks ago
Loma Linda last week
Loyola this week

Interviews are coming up before we know it; look forward to seeing people. Good luck out on the interview trail. :)

This week...
Duke
Yale

Utah
Cincinnati
Michigan
Ohio State
Tennessee- Memphis
MUSC
Indiana
U of Chicago

aww...my 1st taste of rejection. Vandy sent me a email today rejecting me. Oh well, too much country music in that town anyways.

Since 10/11: OSU, Rush, U Chicago, Loyola

Christiana Einstein Maryland LLU UIC UMDNJ USC VCU MCW

Just updating- it looks like I might be capped. No rejections so far, but still waiting on Duke, UNC, & U Chicago.

Interviews:
U of I Peoria
U of I Chicago
Loyola
Rush
UT Memphis
Louisville
UAB
MUSC Charleston
VCU
ECU
Maryland
Baylor
Indiana
Cincinatti
Case Western
SLU

How does Univ. of Cinty offer interviews? Through email or phone calls?

Also, are there any programs who offer through snail mail? I'm just curious b/c right now I'm on an away-rotation and would hate to miss something important like that in my mail at home.

How does Univ. of Cinty offer interviews? Through email or phone calls?

Also, are there any programs who offer through snail mail? I'm just curious b/c right now I'm on an away-rotation and would hate to miss something important like that in my mail at home.

Through ERAS. So you'll get an email saying that they are offering you an interview and you'll receive a packet containing all the info. I too am on an away rotation, so I called and scheduled my interview. Hope this helps.