Temple U. School of Dentistry Class of 2011!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xophoenixo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:cool: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OMMGGGGG!! I can't believe it!!! :D I love you Temple!! finally something to look forward to!!! :love: :cool: :hardy: :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATS!!
i'll be joining you as well!!!!!!! can't wait!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations. I hope to see you in the fall :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :laugh:

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!.............Just got the letter today. Oh yeah, I'm in GA. Good Luck to everyone.

congrats everyone!! hopefully i'll be seeing you guys in August! :D

Add me as well !!!

SO what are your plans in terms of living arranngement?

ARe you guys house hunting yet?
rent/ buy?
roommate/ private?
center city/other places?

I want to live in center city but don't know how I can afford to...

The packet that came in the mail mentioned something about how to get in-state tuition. I also talked to a D3 or 4 that said something about buying a house and getting in-state. Does anyone have more details on this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been semi-house hunting but the places I want to live in are so far away, 20-30 mins. I wonder how much of a hassle it is to drive into the city every morning.. Any suggestions?

Hi all,

Yeah, Temple Universty School of Dentistry class of 2011!!

xophoenixo: It depends on where you live. Many Temple dental students (and Temple Med/Pharm students for that matter) live in the Roxborough area (which I'm sure Brain mentioned in your interview).

To get to Temple from that area, there are many ways, but traffic will be a bit of a problem. However, traffic is a problem in ANY big city.

You could take 76 to the boulevard, which is not too bad of a commute (I take it everyday). From Roxbourough area, it should take no longer than 25-30 mins.

PM me for further questions.

thanks student1985! I'll probably have more questions later after my finals.. :eek: hehe

If I was looking for a place to live for Temple, I would not go to Roxborough area. It costs a little bit more, but go to Glenside or Conshohocken. It's a lot safer and quiet. It's a perfect setting. Also, the train station is really close so you could take a train.

Ill be at Temple next fall as well. Where is everyone from?

My cousin is a first year there now, and he lives with a bunch of undergrads from his old frat in a huge house about 15-20 min. from school... He pays about $300 a month for his own room, including utilities, internet, and cable... I'm from Cali and to me that is a STEAL.. So I was thinkin may be some of us could get a house (rent of course) and have a "REAL WORLD" Dental Class 2011... Probably sounds like a stretch but over the past few months that I've been addicted to this site I almost feel like I know you guys and this could be kinda fun... So. what do you think?
Who knows maybe we could pitch it to MTV and make some money while were at it, lol... But seriously, PM me if you like the idea.:)

I would be up for having a roommate. I think living alone would be expensive. Is anyone accepted to Temple from Pennsylvania? I am from approx an hour north of Temple

Jarrad

$300/month. That is CHEAP. I did my undergrad at UC Santa Barbara and paid over $500 a month to share a room, and live with 4 other people.
I might be down to do that. Find a house, and enjoy school. I have had a good experience living with random people before. and i have also had a Sh$ty experience before. so it is a hit or miss.

count me in too.... Temple Class of 2011! im from PA too.

It won't be ocean side Del Playa, but we can make it happen... Prolly not so much beer pong and flip cup... But it will still be fun... STUDY HARD PLAY HARDER!

$300/month. That is CHEAP. I did my undergrad at UC Santa Barbara and paid over $500 a month to share a room, and live with 4 other people.
I might be down to do that. Find a house, and enjoy school. I have had a good experience living with random people before. and i have also had a Sh$ty experience before. so it is a hit or miss.

The packet that came in the mail mentioned something about how to get in-state tuition. I also talked to a D3 or 4 that said something about buying a house and getting in-state. Does anyone have more details on this?

You have to buy a house, have a job, be married, have kids, etc. The thing is that Temple used to give out residencies to people who would do these things. This year, nobody in our class got residency. Last year, they gave out a lot less in-state tuition credits. So, while technically you can get in-state residency, they aren't giving them out anymore.

It won't be ocean side Del Playa, but we can make it happen... Prolly not so much beer pong and flip cup... But it will still be fun... STUDY HARD PLAY HARDER!

Yes I did live Ocean Side on DP. Those were the best years of my life. Until I finish d-school.

you guys are going to have fun! Jarrod i haven't forgotten about you man! You will get the stuff we talked about mid Dec.

has anyone else chosen Temple?

I'm very close to doing so...

BTW, I've lived in Philly for the past 4 years, and HIGHLY recommend not being a car-communter. I've been a subway commuter (I work on the same campus as TUSoD), and would way rather deal with a quick 20 min train ride any day than sit on the crappy philly area highways (76 and 476 can be nightmare-ish). Plus living in town is way more fun. And, you take advantage of the fact that Philly is one of the last biggish cities where one can actually afford to live in town (aka center city).

As of now, Temple has a slight edge over Michigan due to Temple's large patient pool and clinical experience.

Hey everyone! I found out last week that I have been excepted to Temple! I'm waitlisted at MCG (my first choice), so I will probably end up in Philly. Does anyone know if alot of students live in Center City? I loved it there!

Does anyone here have "myspace"?

I got accepted last week!!! I'm from Utah, anybody else from Utah going to Temple? Does anyone know when Temple will send more information to us? Also where online can we go and buy a cool Temple Dental Shirt to wear for our last semester? Can't wait to get to Philly!!!

I got accepted last week!!! I'm from Utah, anybody else from Utah going to Temple? Does anyone know when Temple will send more information to us? Also where online can we go and buy a cool Temple Dental Shirt to wear for our last semester? Can't wait to get to Philly!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to submit it three times.

Also where online can we go and buy a cool Temple Dental Shirt to wear for our last semester? Can't wait to get to Philly!!!

I was thinking of the same thing!! I remember when my sister got into med school and I bought so many logo stuff from her school.. now it's my turn! :laugh: I need to replace my wardrobe.. :D

i want a t-shirt too! i googled it and looked through the temple bookstore website but didn't find anything...we might just have to design our own ! =)

and i'm not sure when Temple will send out more information...

Can we go ahead and consider this as the ****OFFICIAL TEMPLE UNIVERSITY CLASS OF 2011**** thread? or Should we wait until Jan. 15 until the first deposit is made?

hehe I know I've made my deposit.... :D don't know about you guys???? ;)

I called the school today to see when classes begin.
Incoming freshmen/freshwomen need to be at orientation on Aug 23.
I am moving from the west coast and told my boss I will quit the end of June, move in the middle of July. Is anyone else moving a month early?

Osubum, I like how you've added "freshwomen".. nice! :thumbup: I'm starting my "real" job in January and I'm scared to tell my boss exactly when I'm leaving although he knows I'm going to dental school this fall. I'm thinking about taking off in the beginning of July..:smuggrin: but it may be a little too soon??

I called the school today to see when classes begin.
Incoming freshmen/freshwomen need to be at orientation on Aug 23.
I am moving from the west coast and told my boss I will quit the end of June, move in the middle of July. Is anyone else moving a month early?

i was planning for like Aug 1st.

Thanks, xophoenixo. It was an attempt to be equal...but now that I re-read it, it almost looks like a corny joke. Anyways, what apartments have you looked at? Do you know the area? My wife and I want safe, clean, and cheap...that is pretty hard to find in Philly.

No, I'm not familiar with the Philly area.. :( I haven't been doing much research on those areas Brian gave us on interview day. The apartments in central city that I've looked at costs from 800-1000... :mad: I know that a decent apartment is probably gonna be hard to find.. especially in my case since I have additional baggages - pets! :)

Thanks, xophoenixo. It was an attempt to be equal...but now that I re-read it, it almost looks like a corny joke. Anyways, what apartments have you looked at? Do you know the area? My wife and I want safe, clean, and cheap...that is pretty hard to find in Philly.