-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Whats your Undergrad major? MORE SPECIFIC POLL
Started by PREMEDWOAHS
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
double post sry.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Chem Bio Physics all combined? That is going to be the majority, why not separate them all out?
um, anyone know how to edit a poll?
Just click edit on your first post and then choose advanced options. You should be able to edit it that way. By the way didnt I read a while ago that you were quitting SDN cold turkey because its becoming an addiction. They alll come crawling back I tells ya 😉
By the way didnt I read a while ago that you were quitting SDN cold turkey because its becoming an addiction. They alll come crawling back I tells ya 😉
haha, well class doesn't start until monday, im cramming in a semesters worth of posts in a few days!

no way to edit the poll. sorry guys 🙁 didnt think about that while i was making it, i guess just post your differences
biology and environmental management double major
Biomedical Sciences major, Math minor
Social Welfare major here! My parents are still pissed off even though I've graduated 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
neuroscience
minor in chemistry
minor in chemistry
ok i think the op meant that if your major closely resembles anythign that is posted up poll as that majorComputer engineering. I wanted to do a real major. *Ducks*![]()
eg: biology can go for neuroscience also
comp eng=engineering more
brain and cogni=biol
biomed science=biology
bme=eng
etc. etc.
I know, I marked "Engineering."darkhope said:ok i think the op meant that if your major closely resembles anythign that is posted up poll as that major
eg: biology can go for neuroscience also
comp eng=engineering more
brain and cogni=biol
biomed science=biology
bme=eng
etc. etc.
ok i think the op meant that if your major closely resembles anythign that is posted up poll as that major
eg: biology can go for neuroscience also
comp eng=engineering more
brain and cogni=biol
biomed science=biology
bme=eng
etc. etc.
you got it!

foreign language represent!
I picked other 'cause I'm a double (German and Bio) 😀
After talking to a few other members, I've decided to make a more specific poll just to spark some conversations and make it a little more interesting.
what about double majors?!??😛
Other: I've got a couple. My first undergraduate degree was as a double major in German and philosophy. My post-bacc was done as psych/pre-med. Graduate school was philosophy and medical ethics.
Respiratory therapy (distance ed), psychology, medical technology and a German minorwhat about double majors?!??😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
why in the world did you clump bio, chem, and physics into one response?
Biology and Spanish.
why in the world did you clump bio, chem, and physics into one response?
b/c its a core science class, the majority of the reason for making the poll was to determine everyones major outside of the premed curriculum. When i went back to change the poll it was too late and you can not make changes.
Biology Major
Minors in
Chemistry
Religious Studies
Biomedical Ethics
Minors in
Chemistry
Religious Studies
Biomedical Ethics
three-pronged attack: the microbiology, immunology and molecular genetics major! 👍
Ballet!
I'm thinking about adding psychology to the mix....mainly because I have an interest in it. That would also make me a triple major.three-pronged attack: the microbiology, immunology and molecular genetics major! 👍
I'm thinking about adding psychology to the mix....mainly because I have an interest in it. That would also make me a triple major.
I salute triple majors, but I'm not one of them. The MIMG is actually a single major at UCLA 😀
Ah.....I salute you as well......genetics makes me want to run screaming into the night.I salute triple majors, but I'm not one of them. The MIMG is actually a single major at UCLA 😀

Ah.....I salute you as well......genetics makes me want to run screaming into the night.![]()
Yeah me too. It done got my butt kicked good, heh.
I can understand that.....hence why I'm not a bio major.Yeah me too. It done got my butt kicked good, heh.

Major: Forensic Science with a concentration in Forensic Biology
Minors: Biology, Chemistry
I'm probably one of the only applicants that will get to take a course entitled "Crime Scene Search & Recovery." 😀
Minors: Biology, Chemistry
I'm probably one of the only applicants that will get to take a course entitled "Crime Scene Search & Recovery." 😀
wow, what a terrible poll structure. why would you lump chem/bio/phy together?
Majored on Physiology (which is basically the first year of medical school spread out over three years in undergrad)
Minored in Cem
Oh, and I did Honors for Physiology which means that you have to take special honors classes, complete a year of research culminating in your Senior Honors Thesis, and then you graduate and people think that Honors is the same thing as Summa Cum Laude. So much for the extra work- I should have taken a nap instead. 😴
Minored in Cem
Oh, and I did Honors for Physiology which means that you have to take special honors classes, complete a year of research culminating in your Senior Honors Thesis, and then you graduate and people think that Honors is the same thing as Summa Cum Laude. So much for the extra work- I should have taken a nap instead. 😴
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Military history for the first degree. (note to anyone considering this option: I can be an author, teach at a military school, or um, teach at a military school.) then Animal Science with Beef and Dairy minors (whooo fun)
What the hell is Animal Science with Beef and Dairy minors 🙁
Physiology Major
Biology Minor
Oh, and I did Honors for Physiology which means that you have to take special honors classes, complete a year of research culminating in your Senior Honors Thesis, and then you graduate and people think that Honors is the same thing as Summa Cum Laude. So much for the extra work- I should have taken a nap instead. 😴
That's why at my school they differentiate different honors. "University Honors" is the honors you are talking about, where you have to take extra honors courses and write a paper at the end, and do some other extra work. "Latin Honors" is Summa/Magna/Cum Laude. Fortunately, to be in the University Honors program your GPA must be higher than 3.5 so you automatically qualify for Latin Honors and therefore can say that you graduated with both Latinand University Honors.👍
That's why at my school they differentiate different honors. "University Honors" is the honors you are talking about, where you have to take extra honors courses and write a paper at the end, and do some other extra work. "Latin Honors" is Summa/Magna/Cum Laude. Fortunately, to be in the University Honors program your GPA must be higher than 3.5 so you automatically qualify for Latin Honors and therefore can say that you graduated with both Latinand University Honors.👍
They do that at my school too, but most people don't recognize it. They couldn't even fit all that stuff on my graduation announcements. Oh well. I was too busy to send them out anyway.