Whats your Undergrad major? MORE SPECIFIC POLL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Undergrad major?

• History

Votes: 20 3.0%
  • English

Votes: 13 2.0%
  • Fine Arts

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Chem/Bio/Physics

Votes: 305 45.9%
  • Math

Votes: 20 3.0%
  • Sociology

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Psychology

Votes: 51 7.7%
  • Computer Science

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • Foreign Lanuge

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Engineering

Votes: 83 12.5%
  • Accounting/Business/Economics

Votes: 32 4.8%
  • Nursing

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • OTHER: List it on the POST

Votes: 91 13.7%

• Total voters

PREMEDWOAHS

dare to dream
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After talking to a few other members, I've decided to make a more specific poll just to spark some conversations and make it a little more interesting.

Members don't see this ad.

Anthropology

Members don't see this ad :)
um, anyone know how to edit a poll?

Just click edit on your first post and then choose advanced options. You should be able to edit it that way. By the way didnt I read a while ago that you were quitting SDN cold turkey because its becoming an addiction. They alll come crawling back I tells ya ;)

By the way didnt I read a while ago that you were quitting SDN cold turkey because its becoming an addiction. They alll come crawling back I tells ya ;)

haha, well class doesn't start until monday, im cramming in a semesters worth of posts in a few days! :laugh:

Last edited:
no way to edit the poll. sorry guys :( didnt think about that while i was making it, i guess just post your differences

Neuroscience, Philosophy double majors.

Minor in North Carolina Studies

Members don't see this ad :)
Social Welfare major here! My parents are still pissed off even though I've graduated :)

Military history for the first degree. (note to anyone considering this option: I can be an author, teach at a military school, or um, teach at a military school.) then Animal Science with Beef and Dairy minors (whooo fun)

Philosophy, Psychology double...

Brain and Cognitive Science

Minors in Psych and Bio

Computer engineering. I wanted to do a real major. *Ducks* :smuggrin:

Computer engineering. I wanted to do a real major. *Ducks* :smuggrin:
ok i think the op meant that if your major closely resembles anythign that is posted up poll as that major
eg: biology can go for neuroscience also
comp eng=engineering more
brain and cogni=biol
biomed science=biology
bme=eng
etc. etc.

darkhope said:
ok i think the op meant that if your major closely resembles anythign that is posted up poll as that major
brain and cogni=biol
biomed science=biology
bme=eng
etc. etc.
I know, I marked "Engineering."

brain and cogni=biol
biomed science=biology
bme=eng
etc. etc.

you got it!:idea:

I picked other 'cause I'm a double (German and Bio) :D

Public Health/Interdisciplinary Health Services here!

Engineering (BME) because I am a ****** who likes to pick majors filled with classes he hates.

lolstaticsanddynamicslol

Genetics and Physiology double degree

After talking to a few other members, I've decided to make a more specific poll just to spark some conversations and make it a little more interesting.

what about double majors?!??:p

Other: I've got a couple. My first undergraduate degree was as a double major in German and philosophy. My post-bacc was done as psych/pre-med. Graduate school was philosophy and medical ethics.

why in the world did you clump bio, chem, and physics into one response?

why in the world did you clump bio, chem, and physics into one response?

b/c its a core science class, the majority of the reason for making the poll was to determine everyones major outside of the premed curriculum. When i went back to change the poll it was too late and you can not make changes.

Biology Major

Minors in
Chemistry
Religious Studies
Biomedical Ethics

three-pronged attack: the microbiology, immunology and molecular genetics major! :thumbup:

three-pronged attack: the microbiology, immunology and molecular genetics major! :thumbup:
I'm thinking about adding psychology to the mix....mainly because I have an interest in it. That would also make me a triple major.

I'm thinking about adding psychology to the mix....mainly because I have an interest in it. That would also make me a triple major.

I salute triple majors, but I'm not one of them. The MIMG is actually a single major at UCLA :D

I salute triple majors, but I'm not one of them. The MIMG is actually a single major at UCLA :D
Ah.....I salute you as well......genetics makes me want to run screaming into the night. :laugh:

Yeah me too. It done got my butt kicked good, heh.
I can understand that.....hence why I'm not a bio major. :smuggrin: I was e-mailing a professor at a school I might be transferring to about a research project in cellular physiology and he seemed very confused by the fact that I won't be a major in his department yet I know a "considerable amount about the subject" (quoting his e-mail). I don't think telling him that I'll be a psychology and German major there helped any..... :laugh:

Major: Forensic Science with a concentration in Forensic Biology

Minors: Biology, Chemistry

I'm probably one of the only applicants that will get to take a course entitled "Crime Scene Search & Recovery." :D

Chemical Engineering, minor in bioprocess engineering and biotechnology.

wow, what a terrible poll structure. why would you lump chem/bio/phy together?

Majored on Physiology (which is basically the first year of medical school spread out over three years in undergrad)

Minored in Cem

Oh, and I did Honors for Physiology which means that you have to take special honors classes, complete a year of research culminating in your Senior Honors Thesis, and then you graduate and people think that Honors is the same thing as Summa Cum Laude. So much for the extra work- I should have taken a nap instead. :sleep:

Military history for the first degree. (note to anyone considering this option: I can be an author, teach at a military school, or um, teach at a military school.) then Animal Science with Beef and Dairy minors (whooo fun)

What the hell is Animal Science with Beef and Dairy minors :(

Physiology Major
Biology Minor

Biochemistry major
Philosophy minor
considering history and/or arts minor too

Oh, and I did Honors for Physiology which means that you have to take special honors classes, complete a year of research culminating in your Senior Honors Thesis, and then you graduate and people think that Honors is the same thing as Summa Cum Laude. So much for the extra work- I should have taken a nap instead. :sleep:

That's why at my school they differentiate different honors. "University Honors" is the honors you are talking about, where you have to take extra honors courses and write a paper at the end, and do some other extra work. "Latin Honors" is Summa/Magna/Cum Laude. Fortunately, to be in the University Honors program your GPA must be higher than 3.5 so you automatically qualify for Latin Honors and therefore can say that you graduated with both Latinand University Honors.:thumbup:

That's why at my school they differentiate different honors. "University Honors" is the honors you are talking about, where you have to take extra honors courses and write a paper at the end, and do some other extra work. "Latin Honors" is Summa/Magna/Cum Laude. Fortunately, to be in the University Honors program your GPA must be higher than 3.5 so you automatically qualify for Latin Honors and therefore can say that you graduated with both Latinand University Honors.:thumbup:

They do that at my school too, but most people don't recognize it. They couldn't even fit all that stuff on my graduation announcements. Oh well. I was too busy to send them out anyway.