Oklahoma future 2011'ers part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

want2beadoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hmm...
Ber·noul·li /bərˈnuli; Ger. bɛrˈnuli; Fr. bɛrnuˈyi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ber-noo-lee; Ger. ber-noo-lee; Fr. ber-noo-yee]

Members don't see this ad.

Has anybody seen the WWII movie, it's an oldie, where a young woman is delivering a baby inside a tank, and none of the guys know the french word for "push" so they just keep repeating "poo-say, poo-say..."? I could picture the scene, but I don't know the name of the movie, the whole time he was prodding us to say Poiseiulle (or whatever...)

Although, having lived in Stillwater, I'd probably say poise-oo-lee :rolleyes:

<----red team drop-out.......

And of all the languages to butcher just because they ****ing suck, french is my favorite. ****ing french people. ****ing cheese-eating surrender monkeys. How do you say bernewli in german, because that's what you'd be speaking if it weren't for us, ya ****s...

Go Pokes!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody seen the WWII movie, it's an oldie, where a young woman is delivering a baby inside a tank, and none of the guys know the french word for "push" so they just keep repeating "poo-say, poo-say..."? I could picture the scene, but I don't know the name of the movie, the whole time he was prodding us to say Poiseiulle (or whatever...)

Although, having lived in Stillwater, I'd probably say poise-oo-lee :rolleyes:

<----red team drop-out.......

And of all the languages to butcher just because they ****ing suck, french is my favorite. ****ing french people. ****ing cheese-eating surrender monkeys. How do you say bernewli in german, because that's what you'd be speaking if it weren't for us, ya ****s...

Go Pokes!!

<----blue team drop-out (too early for my taste)

Could that movie have been "The Big Red One?" 1980 wasn't that long ago... The Big Red One (whose experiences the movie was based on) is back home in Fort Riley (as in Kansas for those who haven't resided in the Little Apple).

Thanks Wiz!

When you go for your interview, show up to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Finish your gum before you arrive. :thumbup:

You probably missed her impromptu showing on the bi-weekly histo closed circuit feed last week; it looked like she was the only one in class. It was like The RachelD Show during the breaks...

:oops: , I'm such a dork!

You probably missed her impromptu showing on the bi-weekly histo closed circuit feed last week

I guess they closed the first thread....

What is the point of showing the lectures on CCTV to the mods? Are there not enough seats if everyone were to show up or something?

What is the point of showing the lectures on CCTV to the mods? Are there not enough seats if everyone were to show up or something?

For the first part of Embryo and Histology the dental students and some allied health students also attend the lectures, and there technically aren't enough seats in the West Lecture Hall for everyone that can attend. I've never seen it completely full, though. :p There are always a handful of seats scattered around.

I am a bit confused at the stuff that has been mentioned lately about financial aid on this board. Is there a timeline that I should be following? :confused:

I haven't done squat yet. OU said I would be receiving information sometime in February..

Yeah they broadcast the classes (embryo/histo) in which the dental students come too. For embryo, we had a few allied health people and genetic counseling students as well.

I'm annoyed with the way that they split the thread.

Why can't they just close it and say "I'm closing this thread. Please create a new one?" The title is now goofed up.

I've been known to be a little OCD, but this is irritating. I made us a new thread if you would like to use it.

University of Oklahoma, Classes of 2008-2011

I am a bit confused at the stuff that has been mentioned lately about financial aid on this board. Is there a timeline that I should be following? :confused:

I haven't done squat yet. OU said I would be receiving information sometime in February..

Last year, the priority filing deadline for the FAFSA was March 1. If you can, you might as well go ahead and complete it. Neither dh nor I have our W2s, so I can't do mine yet. There's also a short scholarship application, which needs to be completed by March 1, too. They'll forward that to you -- it takes about 10 minutes to complete.

Was there a reason they closed the thread ?

At least correct the friggin title. :thumbdown: