Osteopathic SMP/Post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JerzeyMan721

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone like many of you I am in the process of applying to post-bacc programs. But I wanted to apply to Osteopathic ones does anybody know of any good Osteopathic post-baccs?? I found 3-4 such as...LECOM, PCOM, Midwestern, Nova (in FL) and UMDNJCOM....do anybody know of any other Osteopathic post-bacc programs....i tried looking but these were the only ones I found. these all offer a MS in Biomedical Sciences...inputs are welcome...Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

SMP - KCUMB, one year program, unoffical linkage to KCUMB, only in 2nd year of program.

If you want to go to an osteopathic school you don't have to do an "osteopathic post-bacc". Just get into the best SMP you can and apply from there.

I agree. Given that classes at first year allo and first year osteo are pretty much one and the same, SMPs should give you a significantly added advantage of both types of medical school.

Once this list accrues, I will add it to my SMP thread up above :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm that makes sense...i guess an SMP/post-bacc are all the same whether done at a MD school or DO school....thanks guys

here is a random question....do Foreign medical schools also offer post-bacc programs???

i was aware of one school (I forget whether it was ross or St. George) that had a "pre-med" program of some sort but I'd really stay away from caribbean if I were you ... there are plenty of programs here in the US that give you more options.