Osteopathic SMP/Post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JerzeyMan721

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone like many of you I am in the process of applying to post-bacc programs. But I wanted to apply to Osteopathic ones does anybody know of any good Osteopathic post-baccs?? I found 3-4 such as...LECOM, PCOM, Midwestern, Nova (in FL) and UMDNJCOM....do anybody know of any other Osteopathic post-bacc programs....i tried looking but these were the only ones I found. these all offer a MS in Biomedical Sciences...inputs are welcome...Thanks.
 
SMP - KCUMB, one year program, unoffical linkage to KCUMB, only in 2nd year of program.

If you want to go to an osteopathic school you don't have to do an "osteopathic post-bacc". Just get into the best SMP you can and apply from there.
 
I agree. Given that classes at first year allo and first year osteo are pretty much one and the same, SMPs should give you a significantly added advantage of both types of medical school.

Once this list accrues, I will add it to my SMP thread up above 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hmm that makes sense...i guess an SMP/post-bacc are all the same whether done at a MD school or DO school....thanks guys


here is a random question....do Foreign medical schools also offer post-bacc programs???
 
i was aware of one school (I forget whether it was ross or St. George) that had a "pre-med" program of some sort but I'd really stay away from caribbean if I were you ... there are plenty of programs here in the US that give you more options.