JerzeyMan721

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello everyone like many of you I am in the process of applying to post-bacc programs. But I wanted to apply to Osteopathic ones does anybody know of any good Osteopathic post-baccs?? I found 3-4 such as...LECOM, PCOM, Midwestern, Nova (in FL) and UMDNJCOM....do anybody know of any other Osteopathic post-bacc programs....i tried looking but these were the only ones I found. these all offer a MS in Biomedical Sciences...inputs are welcome...Thanks.

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Wild west of Mistytown
Status (Visible)
SMP - KCUMB, one year program, unoffical linkage to KCUMB, only in 2nd year of program.

If you want to go to an osteopathic school you don't have to do an "osteopathic post-bacc". Just get into the best SMP you can and apply from there.

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I agree. Given that classes at first year allo and first year osteo are pretty much one and the same, SMPs should give you a significantly added advantage of both types of medical school.

Once this list accrues, I will add it to my SMP thread up above :)

About the Ads

JerzeyMan721

10+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
hmm that makes sense...i guess an SMP/post-bacc are all the same whether done at a MD school or DO school....thanks guys

here is a random question....do Foreign medical schools also offer post-bacc programs???

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
Wild west of Mistytown
Status (Visible)
i was aware of one school (I forget whether it was ross or St. George) that had a "pre-med" program of some sort but I'd really stay away from caribbean if I were you ... there are plenty of programs here in the US that give you more options.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.