UNC Housing

Started by dvilla56
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dvilla56

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey fellow future tar heels,

i was wondering if anybody has started their housing search yet. i plan on making a trip down to chapel hill in the next few weeks to look at apartment buildings. does anybody know the most popular buildings? also, is anybody looking for a roommate next year?

Dan
 
Hi Dan!
I just finished my 2nd year as an undergrad at UNC, so I really can't tell you what most of the grad students do, but here's what I can say about a few apartment complexes in the area.
I'm living in Chapel Ridge next year, which I absolutely love. A lot of students live there, mostly 3 or 4 bedroom furnished apartments. Chapel Ridge is right next to Chapel View, which is more 1 or 2 bedroom apartments. The Warehouse is right on Franklin, and is a little more expensive. Mill Creek, Meadowmont, and Shadowood are other complexes where a lot of students live. There are also Odum Village and Ram Village, which are more on campus - Odum Village is right next to the hospital complex and Ram Village is down by the Dean Dome, so they are walking distance to the pharmacy school. Like I said, those are places where a lot of undergrads live, but they are nice apartments!
The best thing, I think, about Chapel Hill is that the bus system is really great. Every apartment complex I know of is on at least one bus line, and there is a bus stop right behind the pharmacy school - so no worries about transportation.
Let me know if you have any questions after your trip and I will definitely try and help! Good luck!