U Conn's post-secondary "credential review"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jochi1543

President, Gunner Central
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed this in the secondary invitation e-mail: "Any candidate completing
a secondary application will receive an initial personal credential
review conducted by phone or through email."

What does this mean? Do they just call you to discuss your grades and ECs in more detail?

Members don't see this ad.

I noticed this in the secondary invitation e-mail: "Any candidate completing
a secondary application will receive an initial personal credential
review conducted by phone or through email."

What does this mean? Do they just call you to discuss your grades and ECs in more detail?

sounds more like a credential check

sounds more like a credential check
Well, how exactly would that take place? I mean, calling ME to confirm the items in my application sounds kind of a waste of time.:confused: And since AMCAS doesn't require phone numbers or e-mails for verifiers, calling verifiers doesn't appear possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did a search for the "personal credential review" at U Conn, but no one seems to know what it is. Can someone who has gone through this process at this school shed light on what it is exactly? Here is a quote from the email they send:

"The School prides itself on personal attention to each candidate. Any candidate completing a secondary application will receive an initial personal credential review conducted by phone or through email."
much appreciated

I have not heard anything in regards to that since submitting the secondary. I don't know if my "hold" message constitutes said "credential review...":rolleyes: :laugh:

I was offered an interview via email but received no phone / email credential review.

they said the same thing last year. Essentially, Dean Sanford will call you and may ask simple clarification questions about your application when they invite you to interview.

When I got called (last year) he simply said I would be interviewed and gave an approximate range (like which month). They'll call you later and tell you to call them to schedule an exact date.

Good luck.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten the email/phone preliminary review. I think they might be swamped (like everyone else), because I emailed Dr. Sanford about not hearing back from them, and he said that he "would investigate." That was quite a while ago.